Buss10252010

I don't actually want to quit, lol! Just wanted grab your attention so i can pick your brain. I'm a TA employee in an OA depot. I have 2 yrs on the job. This is my 1st yr in Manhattan after spending my first year in Brooklyn. It hasn't gone well in the big city. I've had some troubles here with accidents. i also feel like there is poor union representation here for me. Is it possible for me to transfer to another depot (preferably back to Brooklyn) without having to wait a whole year for the system pick? Also, can I have TA union representation in a hearing instead of OA union representation? Your knowledge is greatly appreciated as I don't know what to do!

What is a safety transfer?

I meant like an Emergency Transfer, I call it a Safety Transfer. But I think it's where like if you have to transfer due to an emergency or have to re locate then you put in for that but there has to be a reason I think im correct though. I'm not a driver, don't know much but I think you can do that. Jackie Gleason is good, better than MHV but Gleason is strict.

You're stuck at the depot until next system pick, which is already signed & sealed for the year already.

However, you may be able to get your way into another depot if they need folks, in which case, they take the folks from the bottom of the barrel and move them to that depot; if you get wind of that somewhat happening, you can volunteer yourself to that move and in place of that probie.

A "safety" transfer is unlikely to happen unless the depot is seriously having issues with you directly, and management forces you out.

In all honesty you should've thought about this transfer when it was your time to pick -- 126th or MJQ would've been ideal for you, guy.

Archived