Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
mark1447

State chooses cheapest Tappan Zee bridge replacement

TappanZeeBridge122819--300x300.jpg

New York State Transportation Commissioner Thomas Madison says the state will choose a $3.14 billion project to replace the Tappan Zee bridge in New York City's northern suburbs.

Madison announced that the state Thruway Authority is expected to approve the least expensive of three options when it meets later Monday.

Tolls for the heavily used commuter bridge between Westchester and Rockland counties are expected to nearly triple from the current $5.

The state is waiting on a decision from the federal government on a request for a loan that could cover $2.9 billion of the cost. The Obama administration rejected New York's application a year ago, but invited the state to reapply. That was viewed as a positive sign in Albany.

Source: www.nypost.com/p/news/local/cheapest_tappan_zee_bridge_replacement_fUjj8KcIuSsySNOJUz5I1J

• Upvote 1

normally with highway construction projects they go with the lowest bidder, its no surprise.

So now they got the contractor, can we get this damn bridge built already?

• Upvote 2

I live in Tarrytown, NY. Right now, im 12. Back when I was 6 we were able to look at proposals for the bridge when my dad said, "You'll be in college when this bridge is finished." I think he's wrong. It's gonna be more.

I live in Tarrytown, NY. Right now, im 12. Back when I was 6 we were able to look at proposals for the bridge when my dad said, "You'll be in college when this bridge is finished." I think he's wrong. It's gonna be more.

Hell i might be "this close" to AARP membership by time the new TZX Bridge opens lol.

It's about time they replace this bridge. Every time I cross it, I feel like it can collapse at any moment. Its lived well beyond its life expectancy and just mere inspections is not enough to keep it up.