QCM & Flushing Photos

error46146

Ah, yes. Flushing. The memories are coming back with the great pics error46146. The nostalgia is killing me.

How much fun I used to have in that area when I was a teen. Heading to Flushing on the redbirds back in the days. I can still remember when they used to have the video arcades there by Main Street and Northern Bvld when I used to cut class in HS, signing all drunk and stuff with girls I I don't even know in the karaoke bars, getting wired in the coffee shops with the locals and stuffing my face until I hurt myself in the kick ass restaurants.

Ok let me stop now. :lol:

To add: I used to play handball with my crew in the park there too off Roosevelt and Main Street when I used to cut class back in the late 90's. (Blasting those old school nervous record deep house beats chillin. Now we all grew up and I lost touch with some of them, but that's another story). That's how I started to learn to speak Chinese (the language my extended family speaks including granddad)  little by little.

Yeah. Flushing has a special place in my heart, that's why I'm posting away in a manic frenzy in this thread. It's like a playground if you make the best of it. It used to be crime ridden ( I remember when the kids in the fast food joint got shot dead during a robbery on Main Street by the LIRR a good number of years ago, yeah I remember it was a Wendy's I think)

Kids there from Jamaica and Fresh Meadows always wanted to start beef with us and rob all the Asian kids. You know high school rivarly nonsense. But we was not playing we will plant you on the concrete if you f!c% with us. It was during that time I was hanging out there on Main Street. Now it's died down because the NYPD presence is extremely heavy, which works for me. Got into too many fights there back in the days for the stupidest reasons.

I have only started visiting Flushing the past 2-3 years ago, so I don't have any old memories of it like you do.. I'm more of a Chinatown guy since I used to live in Brooklyn lol but yea I definitely notice the increase police presence (there is a cop booth right on the corner by the library).. I know a lot of people though who can describe it like you do and it really is like a big playground there since there is a lot to do there

Archived