Car inspector exam 3604 5/4/13

DiviouZz

Can anyone help me out with figuring out where to get all my clothing for work on SIRTOA as a car maintainer Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

sbplz8.jpg

This is the sheet that was given to me for the dress code. I am a bit confused as to what kind of boots to get as there are so many specs. Can anyone point me in the right direction? or where I can purchase them from?

The pants are pretty self explanatory which I'm assuming a pair of dickie dark blue or black will do?

Any advice would really help me out. thanks

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

go to Sears. i bought my work pants there yesterday. if you go to the SI mall, where the mens clothing is, there is a corner with work/safety clothing. they have water/dirt/grease repellent pants. $25 each. then in the shoes dept, there are safety shoes. water proof, 600v rated. http://www.sears.com/search=safety%20shoes&Black?filter=Color&catalogId=12605&previousSort=ORIGINAL_SORT_ORDER&viewItems=50&storeId=10153&levels=Clothing%2C+Shoes+%26+Jewelry_Shoes there will be on the tongue saying meets blah blah safety rating. i know for CI's we are given out shoes, but had to come in boots before we got them. 

Yes that is true..we all got out boots on Thursday but had to travel to college point barn! It was like a 2 hour train ride! Anyway, I'm done with the first week of training. Two more weeks to go!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

go to Sears. i bought my work pants there yesterday. if you go to the SI mall, where the mens clothing is, there is a corner with work/safety clothing. they have water/dirt/grease repellent pants. $25 each. then in the shoes dept, there are safety shoes. water proof, 600v rated. http://www.sears.com/search=safety%20shoes&Black?filter=Color&catalogId=12605&previousSort=ORIGINAL_SORT_ORDER&viewItems=50&storeId=10153&levels=Clothing%2C+Shoes+%26+Jewelry_Shoes there will be on the tongue saying meets blah blah safety rating. i know for CI's we are given out shoes, but had to come in boots before we got them. 

Awesome I'll check it out. Thanx

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

So in on my second week of training and it's been pretty easy! I have two more weeks to go and it's mostly all overviews of many things! I can't wait to pick a location but I was told that there is going to be new picks in July again! Good luck to all the future car inspector out there applying!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dont trust what they say about pick in july. they've been promising it for over a year. learn to take things in one year and let them out the other, especially when its the union promising things. its pure politics. 

yes, P. Wong, P stands for propulsion. when you take the final test in the cabin of the operator, you will have to repeat everything he taught you about switching, the positions, series, switching to parallel. the regenerative braking, snow brake, friction brake. 

I'm still waiting for a call for my practical. They called me mid May and said to wait for a call or letter and that the practical is going to be somewhere in June

dzak, you showed the paper with the dress code. said no jeans, wear cargo pants and a plain shirt with no logos, and safety shoes. its sirtoa, for mta we could wear anything we wanted first day, even sneakers and jeans. 

Lyolik, so I was successful on getting the pants but I could figure out which boots to get. They all have 20 different things written on them and non of it makes sense.

I was the MTA would just say which boots to buy.

Would any one be able to recommend a pair of boots or Point me in the right direction?

Thanx in advance

i typed in Z41 into sears and it gave me this: http://www.sears.com/search=z41?storeId=10153&catalogId=12605&viewItems=50&levels=Clothing%2C+Shoes+%26+Jewelry_Shoes&vDropDown=defaultOpt&sLevel=0&redirectType=SKIP_LEVEL

try printing out that picture, and take it to sears, they might help you more. you have all the codes that must be on the shoe in that printout. Z41 (steel or composite toe), water proof, not lug soles....

So i got a phone call from nyct yesterday saying that they are changing my start date from 6/23 to 6/30. I was so caught of guard i didn't even think to ask why, on top of everything i could barely make out what the lady was saying. All she explained is that SIRTOA called them and said to change my start date to 6/30. I find this very weird and i tried calling her back but to no avail (will try again today). Any one have any ideas as to why they changed it? i figured possible because of payroll?

For the guys that had the orientation at 130 Livingston. On the sheet it says to report at 8am sharp for Monday and Tuesdaybut it doesn't say how long the day is or anything else. Does anyone know do they keep us the whole day there or is it shortened? How does it work? And what do they go over?

Not that it's a problem or anything but would like to know what to expect.

its a full work day, for which you get paid. therefore its 8-4 both days. you get your bathroom breaks and a lunch break around 12-1. its mostly HR and union stuff. they go over salary, vacation, time keeping, where to call, union stuff, where to go for help, who to talk to, how to stay out of trouble, life insurance, medical insurance, pension. dont sign up for anything except medical insurance, their life insurance is 3x more expensive than what you get get outside. look like a the push to buy timekeeping during vaca in florida. same thing, they will push you to sign up for everything: disability insurance, union donations, life insurance. 

Archived