R17 6688 in Spiderman 2...

+Young+

So they don't have some way to lift the car body off the trucks there?

Of course we do. ;) How do you think those false trucks with road tires got under the car before it departed?

Lifting the car isn't an issue...it's been done many times.  What needs to be done on the trucks won't take 20 or 30 minutes...the car body would have to be placed somewhere.  Luckily, this temporary departure for #6688 was timed correctly, and gives us an opportunity to get some much needed work done without having to worry about a subway car lacking trucks.

Of course we do. ;) How do you think those false trucks with road tires got under the car before it departed?

Lifting the car isn't an issue...it's been done many times.  What needs to be done on the trucks won't take 20 or 30 minutes...the car body would have to be placed somewhere.  Luckily, this temporary departure for #6688 was timed correctly, and gives us an opportunity to get some much needed work done without having to worry about a subway car lacking trucks.

I want to try to get up there this year for a run on 6688. Bring a couple of transit workers with me. They should put some Chrome 26's with spinners....Im just saying.

ah, so that car will be getting temporary trucks from another train car then. I guess now I see why the museum allowed that car to be moved for filming. Win for everyone.

ah, so that car will be getting temporary trucks from another train car then. I guess now I see why the museum allowed that car to be moved for filming. Win for everyone.

I'm fairly sure that the car is still on those "road wheel" trucks.

I want to try to get up there this year for a run on 6688. Bring a couple of transit workers with me. They should put some Chrome 26's with spinners....Im just saying.

Ah forget the SMEE car...the Lo-V is much more fun.

Archived