Food costs too much

MHV9218

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I go to Subways, I would usually buy the Meatball sub. IMO, that's the best one! I would order it with swiss chesse, ranch dressing, and onions on a garlic bun. And no, I've never been to Sakura. How about DBQ? What do you guys think of DBQ?

Dallas BBQ is the bomb! Really good food but it's something I can only eat once in a while. If I go like every day I will definitely be obese in no time flat.

Dallas BBQ is the bomb! Really good food but it's something I can only eat once in a while. If I go like every day I will definitely be obese in no time flat.

I've only been once or twice and both times I got a spinach salad.  I wasn't familiar with anything else and it all looked fattening anyway so I didn't bother. lol

How about Juniors in Brooklyn? Anybody been there?

GROSS from what I hear esp. the cheesecakes.... There are a few in the city I believe. There's one in Grand Central too but I wouldn't even dare eat there.... Midtown is known for having lots of highly overpriced places that aren't good unfortunately.  A shame too because there are really good restaurants in the area.

There's alot of good local restaurants along Court Street I know of that is really good, (by the belly dancing school and past Brooklyn Civil Court), also Bergen Street. There's a place I went to that serves some really good Key Lime pie! Dang what was the name of it? It's REALLY hard to find Key Lime in NYC.

There's alot of good local restaurants along Court Street I know of that is really good, (by the belly dancing school and past Brooklyn Civil Court), also Bergen Street. There's a place I went to that serves some really good Key Lime pie! Dang what was the name of it? It's REALLY hard to find Key Lime in NYC.

Along the B57 bus?

$4,000.00 a month for three people!???!? That must be a gross exaggeration to put it lightly.

It's not. We spent $963 on food, and it was gone by the end of the week.

It's not. We spent $963 on food, and it was gone by the end of the week. Remember, i'm still talking about Whole Foods here. This is when we did ALL of our shopping there.

It's not. We spent $963 on food, and it was gone by the end of the week.

LMAO... I just find that hard to believe for 3 people...  :o So you're including things besides food then?? If that's the case you guys were crazy to do all of your shopping at Whole Foods.  That's a specialty store so certainly you guys got ripped off with some items.

LMAO... I just find that hard to believe for 3 people...  :o So you're including things besides food then?? If that's the case you guys were crazy to do all of your shopping at Whole Foods.  That's a specialty store so certainly you guys got ripped off with some items.

No, just food.

Yeah, they sell some damn good food. A little costly at times, but I think it's worth it. Yeah, I don't eat there all that often though.

No, just food.

That's insane... You realize that's $1,000 a week on food for 3 people... Hell even when I do my $100.00 lunches I still don't spend any more than $600.00 - 800.00 a month in food.  I'm curious as to what type of things you guys bought??? Do you (the three of you) eat breakfast lunch and dinner? I usually skip breakfast and just have lunch and maybe something light for dinner or I'll have breakfast for dinner, so maybe that's the problem.

Midnight snacks can add up too you know. That's an additional 50 dollars a week. Do the math.

You have a point... I was supposed to go out for my espresso snack but I didn't have time to... Just a double shot espresso is about $3.00 and then the snack itself can run another $3.00 - 6.00 so roughly $6.00 - 9.00 for something I finish in about 10 minutes. lol

LOL... Yeah she should do that... I'm guilty of getting snacks for the hockey games and having late night snack attacks... Like I'll go to Whole Foods and get veggie chips or these chips with flax seeds in them that are like a mix between a potato chip and a cracker, but they're insanely good and certainly much better health wise than the regular fried chips, but it's still a late night snack.  I just try not to go crazy because in the morning you wake up and you feel insanely bloated.

That's insane... You realize that's $1,000 a week on food for 3 people... Hell even when I do my $100.00 lunches I still don't spend any more than $600.00 - 800.00 a month in food.  I'm curious as to what type of things you guys bought??? Do you (the three of you) eat breakfast lunch and dinner? I usually skip breakfast and just have lunch and maybe something light for dinner or I'll have breakfast for dinner, so maybe that's the problem.

So wait, how many people is in his household?

I could only imagine what your kitchen pantry looks like...... Stocked up with canned food like a fallout shelter or something. You really are not anticipating a nuclear holocaust taking place anytime soon, are you?

:lol: 

It's only $11 a meal. Most of the time we will eat at least two a day.

My girl is threatening to a padlock amd chain on the fridge after 10 PM so I can't attack the pastries in the fridge in the middle of the night. I think she's my second mom. I envy you guys.

My mom wants to do that to my sister....

You know I used to buy restaurant food all the time when I was single. Now the money used to add up ridiculous. I think I was spending like 150 dollars a week which was just absurb. But things changed. Now I cook almost every day. Usually breakfast though since I have to wake up earlier then her and she gets home from work usually earlier then I do. Usually got the laptop on the kitchen tab;e cooking and slamming out the online courses through my school at the same time. It's good to multitask, get more things done. She usually makes up for my hard work by doing laundry etc. It's like marriage, it's all about cooperation. OK now I'm going off topic, but yeah, now I cook instead of ordering food every day. I even pack my own lunch, unless she does it for me.

LOL... So how does that equal $4,000 for the month????  :huh: 

My bad. $15. Remember this is with WHOLE FOODS.

Man Western Beef, Hong Kong Supermarket (growing supermerket chain in 3 boroughs), or Key Food does it for me. Whole Foods is way too expensive.

Archived