Signalman stuck in a toilet: Network Rail apologies.

KeystoneRegional

_65817769_65817764.jpg

There are plans to replace Henwick signal box with a regional control centre

Network Rail has apologised after a signalman got stuck in a toilet, causing delays to train services.

Passengers were inconvenienced after contact was lost with the signal box at Henwick in Worcester.

The driver of the 15:13GMT Hereford to London service got out of his train and walked to the signal box to investigate.

It was then discovered the signalman was stuck in the Victorian building's outside toilet.

A Network Rail spokesman apologised for the inconvenience caused to passengers by the unusual episode on 6 February.

He said: "Much of the railway is still controlled from Victorian signal boxes, which often have outside loos.

"Our plans to modernise the railway will see control moved to state-of-the-art regional control centres, where unfortunate incidents such as this simply wouldn't be an issue.

"We apologise to anyone whose journey was delayed or disrupted as a result."

Source Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-21410006

*ding* *dong*

"Attention Network Rail customers,

Due to an investigation regarding a blasted lavatory malfunction at Henwick, please be advised that all service on the Welsh Marches Line between Hereford to London is remarkably suspended and bloody hell crap out of luck until further notice. We apologize for the delay blokes. Please be patient."

*end of transmission*

How… the… hell? Is getting stuck in the toilet possible.

All the Dominoes Pizza, McDonalds Big Macs etc etc he must had been eating, midnight snacks, chicken pot pies, 6 packs of beer and stuff to put on massive calories must have caught up to him. A standard toilet seat is 419.1 mm (25.5 inches) They can but only take people's tushies up to a certain size you know. Dude just had to go between hitting rail switches, and well, on the the rest just use your imagination. Think about about it.....

Lol, Hey don't look at me like that! You're the one who asked!  :lol: 

More common then you would think!

Surprisingly so. I actually read in an article some time ago that am man actually died of cardiac arrest while defecating in the toilet (with graphic pic) in a medical journal while in nursing school. I am not stating this as a joke. That's crazy. 

Googling it to see if this is actually a common way to die I found this:

Link: http://www.wltx.com/news/article/169014/142/Man-Dies-in-Theater-Bathroom-Not-Found-for-Days-

Wikipedia also has an article on it, fyi.

Archived