R160Bs regarding the B/D/Q Trains

Brighton Local

Where do you see the R160Bs running if the B/D/Q returned to their Historic Routes?  

1. 1. Where do you see the R160Bs running if the B/D/Q returned to their Historic Routes?

• (B) 4 Av Express / West End Local
    • (D) Brighton Local
    • (Q) Brighton Express

Somthing Ive been thinking about lately; What if the (:D(D)&(Q) resumed their old routes once the Manhattan Bridge was completed back in February of 2004, where would the R160Bs be today?

If the (W) was replaced by the (:( - 4 Av Exp / West End Local

If the (Q) was replaced by the (D) - Brighton Local

If the <Q> was replaced by the (Q) - Brighton Express

-Would Concourse R68s Still be on the (D)?

-The (Q) would be R40Ms/R40 Slants/R68/R68A Now

-Would the West End (:) be the one to get the 160s then?

It only makes sense that the (B) wouldve got them first because as of today, the (D) is still held down by Concourse 68s, and the Brighton Express (B) is held down by the Remaining Slants / R40Mods/ R68/R68A's.

So in essence , the Brighton Local (D) would still be purely R68s, and the (Q) would be utilizing whatever the (B) is using. Correct?

Zachary

My opinion:

(D)onut would use R160B cars as well as the R68 cars. Some R68 cars the (D) was using would be transferred to the (A)ce and ©ar. I'm not sure, it's just rumors....

(Q)uicky would be R68A and R160B, just like today.

(B)umpy would use R160B and R160A cars. Some R68 and R68A cars would appear occasionally.

The reason I'm saying this is because some R32, R38 cars have been retired, and the R40M and R42 cars that the (A)'s currently using right now are bound for retirement, therefore some R68 cars from the (D) will probably hit the (A), unless the R160B cars are on the (A) and (C).

But you know, the (:D can't go to West End and (D) can't go back to Brighton.... Brighton line riders prefer Broadway Service (Q), and West End riders want full-time access to Grand Street (D) But you know that already.

My opinion:

(D)onut would use R160B cars. The R68 cars the (D) was using would be transferred to the (A)ce and ©ar, althouugh some R68 would remain on the (D)onut

(Q)uicky would be R68A and R160B, just like today.

(B)umpy would use R160B and R160A cars. Some R68 and R68A cars would appear occasionally.

I dont know Dude, I really dont see Concourse 68s leaving the (D)... And if the (Q)uincy were the Brighton Express, Hmm perhaps it would have 160Bs, since Broadway Is getting them alot ( now like Nassau - Jamaica). You see, I would think the West End (:( would be mostly 160Bs, since it would still be using its R68As; hence passing them down to the (Q) as the Brighton Exp, and the slants off the (Q), well I dont have to tell you whats happening with them..:D

This is a very interesting topic, I never thought about it this way. Keep in mind, The R160s were implemented on the (N) for service improvements, which has improved since its debut

Here's my 2 cents of what I thought would've happened

(:D would have been R160 bound, with a share of R68s/68As from CI

(D) Trains would have been purely R68 from Concourse. R160s as weekend put ins on the (D)

(Q) Trains would be with R40 slants/mods and R68/68A prone just like our current (:( Train System. R160s as weekend put ins on the (Q)

as for the (N) and (W)

(N), same as the (:)

(W), R68/68A prone.

This is a very interesting topic, I never thought about it this way. Keep in mind, The R160s were implemented on the (N) for service improvements, which has improved since its debut

Here's my 2 cents of what I thought would've happened

The (:D would have been R160 bound, with a share of R68s/68As from CI

(D) Trains would have been purely R68 from Concourse. R160s as weekend put ins on the (D)

(Q) Trains would be with R40 slants/mods and R68/68A prone just like our current (:( Train System. R160s as weekend put ins on the (Q)

as for the (N) and (W)

(N), same as the (:)

(W), R68/68A prone.

So, you think all 3 lines would have at least a taste of the 160s, hmmm. Probably. But yeah, like you & I stated, I would definitely think that the (B) would be the next major route to have the 160s.

The R40 Slants and R40 Modified cars are in the process of retirement. The (:( would be the next major Subway line to get R160A/B cars, like what you said earlier. The (D) would still use R68 cars, and some R160A/B for extra service, and the (Q) if it were running express in Brighton, use the R160A/B, and R68/A.

The (A)(C) getting R68 cars was just a wild guess :D, because I'm thinking about the R32 cars being retired, and the R32 did appear on the (:) when it ran on the West End Line too.. as well as the (Q) Brighton Express.

R160B cars would run on

(B)(Q) full time

(D) for extra service

Probably. But I just remembered that the (:D ran on weekends back then. So the chances of all those routes getting a taste of them would have been low. A rarity, yes.

The (:( and (N) would've been R160 prone from the start, since the (N) had R32s,40s and 42s to begin with, although the line was dominated with R68/68As from CI.

The (Q)? Maybe one or two sets.

The R40 Slants and R40 Modified cars are in the process of retirement. The (:( would be the next major Subway line to get R160A/B cars, like what you said earlier. The (D) would still use R68 cars, and some R160A/B for extra service, and the (Q) if it were running express in Brighton, use the R160A/B, and R68/A.

The (A)(C) getting R68 cars was just a wild guess :D, because I'm thinking about the R32 cars being retired, and the R32 did appear on the (:) when it ran on the West End Line too.. as well as the (Q) Brighton Express.

Yeah, i can see that happening, the (B) utilizing the 160Bs heavily along with the (N). The (D) using them for extra service, but, hmm I dont know, about the (Q). You think the (Q) would see them huh?:cool: perhaps. If the TA really wants Broadway to be 3/4 of NTT, then the (Q) would have the 160s, and the remaining R68/R68As would have to transfer to another Yard, to cover another service. Airgo, the Mods ( I heard ) are sticking around on the (B) for a little while longer, and since Bensonhurst redsidents asked back in '97 to remove the slants off the (B), We wouldnt see a return of Mods or the remaining slants on the West End (B), So thats why I would see the (Q)uincy utilizing whatever the (B) is using now.

They seriously asked for removal of slants on the (:(? why?!

Yes Sir. Because of the noise those cars made while running on the El. They thought they were too loud. Thats why the R68As from the (Q6) signed up as the <Q> went to the (:), and the slants from the (B) went to the (Q6).:D

Well this is the R16-38 rollsign that I'll put up just to reflect the big "if" services

(:) West End

(D) Brighton Local

(Q) Brighton Express

InteriorBsign-1.jpg

DDsign-2.jpg

Qsign.jpg

Ahh ahh ah.. You have an error my good friend. The (Q) should be signed up 57 St / 7 Av to Brighton Beach. Remeber IF the (Q) would be the Brighton EXPRESS.:)

Ahh ahh ah.. You have an error my good friend. The (Q) should be signed up 57 St / 7 Av to Brighton Beach. Remeber IF the (Q) would be the Brighton EXPRESS.:)

Oops... well I forgot about the Express terminating at Brighton Beach...

Qsign2.jpg

Archived