R160 A Train Announcement Video - 207 St to Euclid Ave via Delancey Street

Mr Railfan

Ugh, not only is it announcing a transfer to the M34, but it's announcing it BEFORE Amtrak, LIRR & NJT, which is what 90% of the riders getting off at that station are waiting to hear!

In my personal opinion (and everyone at work who has actually heard it has agreed with me), SBS should NOT be announced as a transfer. According to the blue blue, transfer implies that you don't have to leave the system in order to ride, and therfore implies that taking the M34 would allow you to get to the east side and then get back in at 34/HS or 33-Park, when you would actually have to pay a second fare. I also don't think it should be announced as all, because it's just a damn bus which happens to have shiny new features

Ugh, not only is it announcing a transfer to the M34, but it's announcing it BEFORE Amtrak, LIRR & NJT, which is what 90% of the riders getting off at that station are waiting to hear!

In my personal opinion (and everyone at work who has actually heard it has agreed with me), SBS should NOT be announced as a transfer. According to the blue blue, transfer implies that you don't have to leave the system in order to ride, and therfore implies that taking the M34 would allow you to get to the east side and then get back in at 34/HS or 33-Park, when you would actually have to pay a second fare. I also don't think it should be announced as all, because it's just a damn bus which happens to have shiny new features

I guess the MTA is trying to emphasize on the Select Bus service as an alternative to trains. At least it doesn't play first at the 34 st Herald Sq announcement

I guess the MTA is trying to emphasize on the Select Bus service as an alternative to trains. At least it doesn't play first at the 34 st Herald Sq announcement

Speaking of that, when I took R142 or R142A on (5), it announced Bx41 SBS as well.

You'll be hearing plenty of those Court St (R) announcements next week......

Except it really ISN'T an alternative unless your final destination is on 34th St, because SBS don't have free in-system transfers back to the subway.

Great recording NTT automated announcement videos as always. I wish some day to hear the late night (A) announcements.

Oh just wait, Mr Railfan will find a way to record those, he always finds a way to record the most rare announcements :D

Archived