It's getting stripes, decals, and a farebox...it's going to Quill

Blitz

Yea If they built BYD plants here in the U.S which is under contraction I have no problem buying a Chinese car, more jobs in america,

Although I did my research on BYD Auto, Just like the other Chinese car makers they ten to copy cars from other brands, take a look at these Lexus RX Clone.

NAZ_22b5ef6293ca4cf0bab1ff12313fedd6.jpg

If bus making is a way to get into the U.S market then good luck to them, but when they start making cars they better learn the copyright laws first LOL.

The Chinese have safety issues with their vehicles, which is another big reason why I think the (MTA) should proceed with extreme caution with this manufacturer and instead stick with a US, Canadian or Western European manufacturer.

New Flyer and MCI are Canadian based as well.

MCI's US based, NFI is Canadian based. But, VG8 did say North American.

Yea If they built BYD plants here in the U.S which is under contraction I have no problem buying a Chinese car, more jobs in america,

Although I did my research on BYD Auto, Just like the other Chinese car makers they ten to copy cars from other brands, take a look at these Lexus RX Clone.

NAZ_22b5ef6293ca4cf0bab1ff12313fedd6.jpg

If bus making is a way to get into the U.S market then good luck to them, but when they start making cars they better learn the copyright laws first LOL.

PFFFTTTTTTT BWAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!

They gotta be shittin me!

Then there's this Corolla...

byd-auto-f3dm-plug-in-hybrid-03_10019253

and take a look at the brand they put on their high end models...

7.jpg

This company is more of a joke than I could have ever guessed!

7.jpg

LMAO! If that isn't BMW (China style) then I don't know what is.  I stuck in Western European as well with an emphasis on Western European.  Wouldn't trust any of the Eastern European stuff either.  The safety standards in Western Europe are as good as ours in terms of making products, so I have no problem with Western European products, not to mention good quality.  With the Chinese stuff (including your overpriced "Designed in USA", (nice marketing ploy) but "Made in China" Apple products <_<), you don't know what you're getting.

MCI's US based, NFI is Canadian based. But, VG8 did say North American.

PFFFTTTTTTT BWAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!

They gotta be shittin me!

Then there's this Corolla...

byd-auto-f3dm-plug-in-hybrid-03_10019253

7.jpg

I managed to crack a laugh at the badge.

Not if it specifies the company has to be based here... though that would have disqualified Daimler/Orion a while back.

The BYD bus is also engineered and designed in China.

The Buy America provision has nothing to do with where a company is based - it specifies that for rolling stock,

the cost of components produced in the United States is more than 60 percent of the cost of all components and final assembly takes place in the United States

Archived