It's getting stripes, decals, and a farebox...it's going to Quill

Blitz

Some pics I posted in the random thoughts section plus some from earlier of the BYD eBus that will be in service soon out of Quill...

9602526640_1f3ed6b94d_b.jpg

Untitled by blitz2.0, on Flickr

9602529874_a28c2ece17_b.jpg

9599296777_d5ed521ce3_b.jpg

9617364914_fa59880019_b.jpg

9614131943_836859d823_b.jpg

9614136955_6a71d2431d_b.jpg

9617377406_527ac5b711_b.jpg

Untitled by blitz2.0, on flickr

Nice. I see they still left many of the LACMTA decals on.

Long Beach is having serious trouble with theirs... http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=282811

Chinese piece of shit.

Give them some time. The Proterra's many have suggested for LBT aren't the best either. The Proterra's at Foothill still have some issues, but that's to be expected with all new technology.

What is the total amount of seats and standees?

Total seat number is 31.

Give them some time. The Proterra's many have suggested for LBT aren't the best either. The Proterra's at Foothill still have some issues, but that's to be expected with all new technology.

Total seat number is 31.

Words that don't go through many, my friend...

It'll be interesting to see this out along the streets of Manhattan. What I'm more interested in is customer reactions (if it runs in passenger service) much like with the Designlines. 

Total seat number is 31.

Proterra is at least an American company...

If we're gonna start buying buses from China now, I've lost all hope. If we do start getting into the all-electric business, I hope we go with the NFI XE40 or even Proterra or the CCW rebuilt buses over this crap. Hell I'd be fine with Designline all-electrics (that's if they get back in the game) over the BYD K9.

In case one is wondering, the company is based in China, but it is at least assembled in the USA near Los Angeles to satisfy Buy America.

If it gets tested on another route other than the M42 (the likely test route for this bus), it should be the B6, along which the Xcelsior hybrid was tested.

In case one is wondering, the company is based in China, but it is at least assembled in the USA near Los Angeles to satisfy Buy America.

If it gets tested on another route other than the M42 (the likely test route for this bus), it should be the B6, along which the Xcelsior hybrid was tested.

This particular bus was built in China, as are (IIRC) all units built so far since the plant is under construction.

Interesting how the all-electric guys (Proterra, BYD and possibly others) are all building plants near LA.

Being protectionist for the sake of protectionism is stupid.......buuuuut, I do dislike BYD in the first place as well. 

Yeah and that's exactly why we have so few jobs here now... It's funny that the Chinese can practice protectionist measures but we can't.  <_<

The contract should not only stipulate buy American, but it should also stipulate that the company should be a North American company (i.e. US or Canadian based).

Yeah and that's exactly why we have so few jobs here now... It's funny that the Chinese can practice protectionist measures but we can't. <_<

The contract should not only stipulate buy American, but it should also stipulate that the company should be a North American company (i.e. US or Canadian based).

Well if hypothetically, BYD does get a contract, they would meet all of that, provided they build the shells over here.

Yeah and that's exactly why we have so few jobs here now... It's funny that the Chinese can practice protectionist measures but we can't.  <_<

Give them a chance. Much of the money would remain in Cali.

Yea If they built BYD plants here in the U.S which is under contraction I have no problem buying a Chinese car, more jobs in america,

Although I did my research on BYD Auto, Just like the other Chinese car makers they ten to copy cars from other brands, take a look at these Lexus RX Clone.

NAZ_22b5ef6293ca4cf0bab1ff12313fedd6.jpg

If bus making is a way to get into the U.S market then good luck to them, but when they start making cars they better learn the copyright laws first LOL.

Archived