Government shuts down as Congress fails to prevent Funding Bill

User

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as affording anything goes I think if 1% of the military spending was re-allocated it would probably solve the problem there.

I was just talking about Obamacare with a colleague who is a staunch Democrat (typical liberal Manhattanite living in Yorkville/Upper East Side  <_<) and she is pissed about the plan.  She is definitely going to be paying more under the plan. She doesn't understand how it's "affordable" if she will be paying even more than what she was paying last year. lol  

I was just talking about Obamacare with a colleague who is a staunch Democrat (typical liberal Manhattanite living in Yorkville/Upper East Side  <_<) and she is pissed about the plan.  She is definitely going to be paying more under the plan. She doesn't understand how it's "affordable" if she will be paying even more than what she was paying last year. lol  

If she can afford an Upper East Side  apartment she can afford healthcare.  I seriously love people who complain about costs when they're currently living in a 3K + /mo apartment in the swankiest part of town.  Downscale to a place in Brooklyn for 1k then complain about costs.  -_-

If she can afford an Upper East Side  apartment she can afford healthcare.  I seriously love people who complain about costs when they're currently living in a 3K + /mo apartment in the swankiest part of town.  Downscale to a place in Brooklyn for 1k then complain about costs.   -_-

Rich people can be cheap too, f.y.i. That's how many of them stay rich. The few ones I know even collect coupons and chase sales/discounts/promotions.

Rich people can be cheap too, f.y.i. That's how many of them stay rich. The few ones I know even collect coupons and chase sales/discounts/promotions.

Well knowing how to budget is the right thing to do, thats what I have to do, take advantage of sales and promotions. Tough economy out there. However, when I make it to 6 digits (which is why I am in college again looking for that dream of increasing my salary), forget it, we all know I will be enjoying that money living life to the fullest not having to budget down to the last dime anymore. Hard work pays off, for those on the bottom working hard to get that slice of American Apple pie and make dreams happen, by working on the present to shape the financial future.

If she can afford an Upper East Side  apartment she can afford healthcare.  I seriously love people who complain about costs when they're currently living in a 3K + /mo apartment in the swankiest part of town.  Downscale to a place in Brooklyn for 1k then complain about costs.   -_-

She lives in Yorkville (which is not as swank as Upper East Side proper per se) but she's also a single individual which means she's taxed higher, as am I, but she's also older, so of course her premiums are higher, which means her plan is pricier.  Being a female, she has to have check-ups more much often too, so she has a point about it being it expensive.  For me I can pick any plan because I'm young and healthy so I don't need all of the bells and whistles.  I would imagine she must be paying at least $400.00 - 500.00 a month if not more for her coverage, not including any additional payments she has to make because her coverage doesn't cover everything and that's with our employer contributing.  

She lives in Yorkville, but she's also a single individual which means she's taxed higher, as am I, but she's also older, so of course her premiums are higher, which means her plan is pricier.  Being a female, she has to have check-ups more much often too, so she has a point about it being it expensive.  For me I can pick any plan because I'm young and healthy so I don't need all of the bells and whistles.  I would imagine she must be paying at least $400.00 - 500.00 a month if not more for her coverage, not including any additional payments she has to make because her coverage doesn't cover everything.

She needs to consider a plan that allows her to pay on a sliding scale based on her salary which only amounts to chump change per month. Many institutions independant of the welfare system offers such plans with supurb healthcare for the individual. That is absolutely ridiculous what she has to pay for health coverage.

Many private universities offer such services through private non for profit clinics with aprtial funding from state and goverment along with grants from good samaritains of the upper class.

Columbia University and NYU offers such perks.

She needs to consider a plan that allows her to pay on a sliding scale based on her salary which only amounts to chump change per month. Many institutions independant of the welfare system offers such plans with supurb healthcare for the individual. That is absolutely ridiculous what she has to pay for health coverage.

Many private universities offer such services through private non for profit clinics with aprtial funding from state and goverment along with grants from good samaritains of the upper class.

Hey when you need dental work done and various other things, you can't skimp.  She gets sick a lot and suffers from migraines, so when she needs to see her doctor, she needs to go and can't afford to skimp.  Just part of life as a middle aged woman.

Hey when you need dental work done and various other things, you can't skimp.  She gets sick a lot and suffers from migraines, so when she needs to see her doctor, she needs to go and can't afford to skimp.  Just part of life as a middle aged woman.

They compensate for dental care as well I'm very sure, give her the heads up and visit one of those univeristies I've mentioned.

On another note it's a good thing there are some who are wealthy who gives a damn about the poor or those who are struggling middle class. Or else I wouldnt be able to give you the heads up on leads for this poor girl.

They compensate for dental care as well I'm very sure, give her the heads up and visit one of those univeristies I've mentioned.

On another note it's a good thing there are some who are wealthy who gives a damn about the poor or those who are struggling middle class. Or else I wouldnt be able to give you the heads up on leads for this poor girl.

lol...  She doesn't seem like the type that would skimp on her care... Can't blame her to be honest.  She's no girl... She's a middle aged woman, so don't feel too bad for her. 

lol...  She doesn't seem like the type that would skimp on her care... Can't blame her to be honest.  She's no girl... She's a middle aged woman, so don't feel too bad for her. 

Understood, I just used the words 'poor girl' as a an affectionate term for ladies thats all, that's just my language. But yeah, what I am saying to all that even in a shitty halthcare syetem that we all deal with there are options that not all are immediately aware of. Just as how there are scolorships that people are not immediately aware of and such.

Archived