South Brooklyn residents continue push for X28 weekend restoration

Via Garibaldi 8

Use x27 a little more and there's your answer.

Ohh remember who your talking to.

I don't need to use the X27 more, unless I've seen a significant amount of riders (which I haven't) on those X27's to warrant the headways, I'll probably understand. However, the X27 is fairly new, and it already has 30 minutes headways on both Saturday and Sundays. Some of the current strong express bus lines in the outer boroughs don't even have that frequency on Saturdays, or Sundays.

I don't need to use the X27 more, unless I've seen a significant amount of riders (which I haven't) on those X27's to warrant the headways, I'll probably understand. However, the X27 is fairly new, and it already has 30 minutes headways on both Saturday and Sundays. Some of the current strong express bus lines in the outer boroughs don't even have that frequency on Saturdays, or Sundays.

It has 30 minute headways during parts of Saturday and Sunday.  Let's not over exaggerate.  At times service is every 45 minutes to an hour. 

I know the X27's been operating for quite some time, but weekend service restarted 1 year ago. When you eliminate something, then reinstate it, you start from square one. It isn't like its going to resume from the same point you left off at.

I don't even know what you're complaining about. Every service that the (MTA) has restored has been cut back from previous headways in just about all cases. 

I don't even know what you're complaining about. Every service that the (MTA) has restored has been cut back from previous headways in just about all cases. 

I'm talking about the express, of course it's easier to garner riders on the local bus. The express is harder to make riders come back (depending on their Socioeconomic Position or whatnot).

I'm talking about the express, of course it's easier to garner riders on the local bus. The express is harder to make riders come back (depending on their Socioeconomic Position or whatnot).

Please... You have no idea how many people flooded Senator Golden's office about the X27 and X28.  It was folks like me regularly writing in along with tons of Bay Ridge residents that wrote in about getting the express bus back.  You also don't seem to realize that Bay Ridge has a very large elderly and disabled population that use the express buses there and the (MTA) does not have handicapped subway stations for them at any of the Bay Ridge stops along the (R), not to mention the distance that some folks have to go to get to the (R) and the transfers they would have thereafter.  Giving them 30 minute headways at certain points of the day is not breaking the bank since they do use the service during those times.  Most of the times that I use the X27 on Saturday or Sunday, the headways are hourly.  The only time it is 30 minutes is mainly during the morning and afternoon, times when people have to go to work, doctor's appointments and so on.  I think you're taking your frustration out on Bay Ridge because they're vocal about their transportation unlike your community.

Please... You have no idea how many people flooded Senator Golden's office about the X27 and X28.  It was folks like me regularly writing in along with tons of Bay Ridge residents that wrote in about getting the express bus back.  You also don't seem to realize that Bay Ridge has a very large elderly and disabled population that use the express buses there and the (MTA) does not have handicapped subway stations for them at any of the Bay Ridge stops along the (R), not to mention the distance that some folks have to go to get to the (R) and the transfers they would have thereafter.  Giving them 30 minute headways at certain points of the day is not breaking the bank since they do use the service during those times.  Most of the times that I use the X27 on Saturday or Sunday, the headways are hourly.  The only time it is 30 minutes is mainly during the morning and afternoon, times when people have to go to work, doctor's appointments and so on.  I think you're taking your frustration out on Bay Ridge because they're vocal about their transportation unlike your community.

Yeah, but how many of those actually use the service frequently that they've fought back for?

Listen, I have no problems with bringing back express bus service, but I'm telling you, those people better make sure they use it, the current service is a galore for the MTA to cut back if they see that not many people ride it. I haven't been seeing that as of lately. Look at what they've done to half the QM's, and the BM's. You don't want that to happen...

Keep in mind how the X27/X28 almost veered into that path...

In regards to x27/28 your right but not all express buses are like x27/28 or can be like em

You're right, but this isn't about other express buses...

Yeah, but how many of those actually use the service frequently that they've fought back for?

Listen, I have no problems with bringing back express bus service, but I'm telling you, those people better make sure they use it, the current service is a galore for the MTA to cut back if they see that not many people ride it. I haven't been seeing that as of lately. Look at what they've done to half the QM's, and the BM's. You don't want that to happen...

For what it's worth, the (MTA) added weekday service to the X27/X37, which they did because ridership is increasing.  Every time that I use the X27 on the weekends, there are folks on it.  The times in which they have 30 minute headways are only from 07:00 to 13:00 going to Manhattan and Sundays from 10:30 to 16:30. Outside of that it's 45 minutes or an hour.  

You're right, but this isn't about other express buses...

For what it's worth, the (MTA) added weekday service to the X27/X37, which they did because ridership is increasing.  Every time that I use the X27 on the weekends, there are folks on it.  The times in which they have 30 minute headways are only from 07:00 to 13:00 going to Manhattan and Sundays from 10:30 to 16:30. Outside of that it's 45 minutes or an hour.  

Weekday Service, dont really mind...

Keep in mind that's it's necessary that the X27 increases, with no reduction in ridership for at least quite some time, because if anything goes off key, it means more cuts, and less service.

Weekday Service, dont really mind...

Keep in mind that's it's necessary that the X27 increases, with no reduction in ridership for at least quite some time, because if anything goes off key, it means more cuts, and less service.

Well if ridership was that bad on weekends, they would've cut service in the latest schedule update...  They're especially quick to cut service on NYCT buses since they aren't reimbursed by the city.

Archived