Cops Allegedly Beat Elderly Man For Jaywalking On Upper West Side

Turbo19

I'll spare myself from having to quote that entire mess you posted Kamen. Using anime (or anything fictional in general) as a source of information to make your point relevant in a debate, immediately discredits any point you're trying to make.

It also makes you less serious then you're claiming to be. Please try again to provide a reliable source of information that is real life to make your point. Also I don't plan on wasting two hours of my life on something that isn't even relevant to the subject.

And back to the main debate.

The site is being a major bitch so quoting as one. If it's too cluttered and sporadic then too f**king bad.

Change for the better? Not yet, De blasio's anti traffic fatality push is the whole reason this incident happened in the first place.

Can we not go down the, "let's blame the guys who we didn't like who are no longer in power and have nothing to do with this" route please? Keep this up and everything is going to be a "Hitler ate sugar" routine with bloomberg...

As to the language issue, getting people who's intentions it is to move perminatly here to at least try to gain at least a basic understanding of English is not an undue infringement of thier rights (considering how often the "everyone else does it" routine is used to try, guess what, a lot of other countries do that two. We're not going the full "Qubece defense of French" laws here.

It would in fact be more harmful to them if they didn't. Lack of ability to communicate is one of the key building blocks of mistrust between groups. Don't make me force you all to watch "Moblie Suit Gundam 00: A Wakening of the Trailblazer." To grasp just how important communication is.

It gives them a leg up. My family's routes trace back to Ireland. We've been speaking English, in some form or another, for centuries on end. When my Great-Great grandparents arrived in the mid 1800s, they had a leg up in that they could understand and be understood. A person who choses not to learn is not going to get that great, high paying job, unless he or she can find a place that pays good and speaks the language, which, let's face it, are few and far between to the point the number of jobs would be very limited from the start.

Somthing as simple as "you, stop. You, stay. You, take. You, go." could have saved everyone a whole lot of trouble. Tell him to stop, tell him to wait, tell him to take the ticket. Send him on his way.

Also, for the record, having English recognized as official would change nothing. It would not remove a person who doesn't speak English from requesting an interpreter or a ballot in another language or thier right to use another language. English is already our official langue in everything but name. All federal government business is conducted in it already anyway, it's simply a rubber stamp on a practice that's been going on for over 200 years.

False.

DeBlasio didn't do a thing. That was placed in action to target motorists above all else under the reasoning that most pedestrian were in the right in most fatalities.

You are simply scapegoating by focusing on DeBlasio's plan in an attempt to trash both the administration's decision and in the process justify the horrific acts of the NYPD.

Furthermore, Bloomberg was mentioned as it kept the course of relevancy, but some refuse to accept that.

Also, Mistrust more often than not is built on ignorance by individuals who are so reactionary that they'll resist any ideal remotely new and/or foreign to them.

As someone who can communicate in full in three different languages and can decipher an additional four you learn to open up your mind to the fact that shit doesn't always go the simple way, and you know in my opinion that's knowledge that should be basic, but nevertheless it's the contrary. If you ask me it's even more imperative to read up on other languages than to have everyone in the US rely on English.

And great for them. I'm always in support of immigrants using their native language to capitalize in the free market, niche segment or otherwise. With that said look at it from a different angle, such as if English wasn't the dominant language at the time on that side of the US. Obviously then you'd have some understanding of the plight, yes?

And simple instruction is not as easy when the PD is instructed to show brute force on anyone and everyone.

The crime by the NYPD perpetuated by the news isn't helping either. In this case though I have to agree with media. They have it right in that regard.

Lastly, you act as if the request to use another language or language services is such a crime. I need not explain again why that assumption is wrong and in your case ironic.

And lastly, what' so nice about the non specifics is that it leaves us as a nation open to others cultures, including language, Clearly when the Constitution was created the drafters had some sense to take consideration for the needs of others.

Pretty much. Clear cut case of police brutality here. Even the headlines of this far right leaning NY Post is screaming justice for this man which says alot about the wrongs here in how this incident was handled by the NYPD. But again Bratton just assummed position as commissioner so we shall see how this goes from the complete shitmess Ray Kelly left for the new City Hall administration.

The ego boys strike again. I love how easy it is to provoke you two into a tizzy. 

Also, Mistrust more often than not is built on ignorance by individuals who are so reactionary that they'll resist any ideal remotely new and/or foreign to them.

Oh, so like how the two of you come off all the time. 

Little lesson in life; the moment your resort to attacking the person and not the argument in reality, you loose the argument and quite possibly a few teeth in the process. So I don't know why you continue to do it. 

Yes, I have a hobby. I'm also a nut about Star Trek, Doctor Who, Mystery Science Theater 3000 and regularly post about Top Gear in the automotive section of this site. I took Kamen Rider as my nickname because I wanted something that was A. Unique and B. Not "Metropod", which was my first subchat handle.

As to my "evidence", I just happened to be bored the other day and watched that Gundam movie and though it made a great point about how communication is the answer, not conflict. The movie is an allegory, which I feel is very suited for the two of you with your knee-jerk raction of "ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK!" at anything you don't agree with or understand.

So what if I have interest in certain kinds of Japanese TV shows. Least I'm not the one leaning in the creepy department with the dancing sexy Asian ladies as my avatar. So someone else here has an interest in something from the far east, and yet I'm all of a sudden odd and open to ridicule? Are you going to attack LTA1992 for liking Super Sentai? His signature has been Sentai related for over two years, and the previous Japan related thing I posted was for his sake primarily cause I knew he'd appreciate it. 

My avatar can be explained as it is

from the CBS Late Late show, and Crag Ferguson is second only to CoCo as my comedic idols, followed in an extremely close third by Joel McHale.

What's your excuse..?

The ego boys strike again. I love how easy it is to provoke you two into a tizzy. 

Little lesson in life; the moment your resort to attacking the person and not the argument in reality, you loose the argument and quite possibly a few teeth in the process. So I don't know why you continue to do it. 

Yes, I have a hobby. I'm also a nut about Star Trek, Doctor Who, Mystery Science Theater 3000 and regularly post about Top Gear in the automotive section of this site. I took Kamen Rider as my nickname because I wanted something that was A. Unique and B. Not "Metropod", which was my first subchat handle.

As to my "evidence", I just happened to be bored the other day and watched that Gundam movie and though it made a great point about how communication is the answer, not conflict. The movie is an allegory, which I feel is very suited for the two of you with your knee-jerk raction of "ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK!" at anything you don't agree with or understand.

So what if I have interest in certain kinds of Japanese TV shows. Least I'm not the one leaning in the creepy department with the dancing sexy Asian ladies as my avatar. So someone else here has an interest in something from the far east, and yet I'm all of a sudden odd and open to ridicule? Are you going to attack LTA1992 for liking Super Sentai? His signature has been Sentai related for over two years, and the previous Japan related thing I posted was for his sake primarily cause I knew he'd appreciate it. 

from the CBS Late Late show, and Crag Ferguson is second only to CoCo as my comedic idols, followed in an extremely close third by Joel McHale.

What's your excuse..?

Thank you for this post full of uninsightful and useless information.

I still don't see where kids entertainment shows have anything remotely (and I mean this as an understatement) to do with a case of police brutality. Your argument is so way off the mark, I dont even know where to start....

What's your excuse..?

Can you do us a favor and shut the f**k up for God sakes? Jesus Christ, your boring as hell. We're not reading your lame ass posts anymore, so you can forget it. You made your point already. We're trying to keep this thread on topic and have decent conversation here. Yet you're freaking trying to start a damn flame war. Shove it already and get hell out of here you POS. Ignore this guy everyone. Keep it on topic.

Pretty much. Clear cut case of police brutality here. Even the headlines of this far right leaning NY Post is screaming justice for this man which says alot about the wrongs here in how this incident was handled by the NYPD. But again Bratton just assummed position as commissioner so we shall see how this goes from the complete shitmess Ray Kelly left for the new City Hall administration.

This will be Bratton's test to see what he can do as commissioner. He has a lot of work to do and a long way to go.

What's your excuse..?

I hate to be even more of an a**hole, but you failed to address my point and the point of everyone else in this thread. Rather it seems you used this post in an attempt to stroke your ego in regard to your various interests.

That's quite fine and I respect your interests but they have no place for discussion in this thread. You brought it into the discussion and when I attempted to construct a back and forth with you on the content you provided you blatantly disregarded that and instead provided this post I'm reading now.

I kindly ask that you refrain in posting in my thread unless it is remotely relevant to the situation.

This will be Bratton's test to see what he can do as commissioner. He has a lot of work to do and a long way to go.

I'll be watching as his style of leading a police force is based on the broken windows theory that is based on handling petty crimes to deter heavier crimes, which was the effect of stop and frisk as Ray Kelly put it, to instill fear. Which is ridiculous because now we have law abiding citizens who are in fear of police officers.

Bratton stated that he will promise to reform the current policy to eliminate racial profiling from the stop and frisk policy. If he can do so that would be a step finally in the right direction. If he can also instill some sort of sensitivity training into the police officers that will help greatly towards regaining the New Yorker's trust in the NYPD police officer who is supposed to show courtesy, protect and show respect. Not harass and abuse everyday citizens like we are seeing now.

I will not be quiet, because I made an on topic point and then elaborated on it. you losers just can't stand the fact there is someone here who doesn't agree with you and has the balls to say it when ever he dam well feels.

MY point was, if you bother to read what I say instead of dismiss it, that if the old man understood what he was told to do, If he could COMMUNICATE, he wouldn't have gotten physical, started a CONFLICT, with the officer and there wouldn't have been a problem. While the cops response was overblown, he started it. You get a ticket, you take it and deal with it in court, you do not start arguing, let alone struggling, with a cop in the middle of the sidewalk, not when there are other cops standing right there. You do not pick a fight with a guy with his buddies right there in general, why all of a sudden is it OK to do it to police officers? People that physically assaulting carries an automatic 7 year prison sentence. They were not threating him, he shouldn't have responded the way he did. They shouldn't have responded they way they did ether, but he's not innocent of this. He should have taken his ticket and left.

My other responses may lean off topic, but only because I will not leave attacks on my character unanswered, especially when they are simply to scare me away and do nothing to develop the conversation, plus are rather childish. Like I said a long time ago, I can read you people like books every time you say something. I can tell what's going through your minds with every keystroke.

I will post what I want to, say what I want to. And unless Harry has a problem with that, nothing any of you say or do will change that. Don't like it? Tough, you don't have a choice in the matter. If you can't deal with one person with differing opinions like adults, maybe you shouldn't be interacting with other humans at all. At any point in my original post did I make ANY reference to any of you and your issues? no. But once I said something you all take pot shots at me, so I'm now free to do the same. But I will not stoop.

And I'm still waiting for the explanation of the dancing girls...

I will not be quiet, because I made an on topic point and then elaborated on it. you losers just can't stand the fact there is someone here who doesn't agree with you and has the balls to say it when ever he dam well feels.

MY point was, if you bother to read what I say instead of dismiss it, that if the old man understood what he was told to do, If he could COMMUNICATE, he wouldn't have gotten physical, started a CONFLICT, with the officer and there wouldn't have been a problem. While the cops response was overblown, he started it. You get a ticket, you take it and deal with it in court, you do not start arguing, let alone struggling, with a cop in the middle of the sidewalk, not when there are other cops standing right there. You do not pick a fight with a guy with his buddies right there in general, why all of a sudden is it OK to do it to police officers? People that physically assaulting carries an automatic 7 year prison sentence. They were not threating him, he shouldn't have responded the way he did. They shouldn't have responded they way they did ether, but he's not innocent of this. He should have taken his ticket and left.

My other responses may lean off topic, but only because I will not leave attacks on my character unanswered, especially when they are simply to scare me away and do nothing to develop the conversation, plus are rather childish. Like I said a long time ago, I can read you people like books every time you say something. I can tell what's going through your minds with every keystroke.

I will post what I want to, say what I want to. And unless Harry has a problem with that, nothing any of you say or do will change that. Don't like it? Tough, you don't have a choice in the matter. If you can't deal with one person with differing opinions like adults, maybe you shouldn't be interacting with other humans at all. At any point in my original post did I make ANY reference to any of you and your issues? no. But once I said something you all take pot shots at me, so I'm now free to do the same. But I will not stoop.

I'm into Korean K-Pop and into my own damn Asian culture and people because I am one, not you. If you have any issues with that thats your damn problem. Is this an attack on my character because I am mixed Asian? No let me tell you the answer: Yes, and because of this moronic display of words you are writing here I am going to let it be known you are making a serious very detremental mistake if you want to take this off topic again over my race. Youve been warned.  Feel free to send me a PM if you have issues with the fact that I am Asian and I'll be more than happy to settle it with you one way or another.

Now go bitch at the mods or we can settle this 'issue' ourselves via PMs. Make a choice, quickly, and it better be a wise one. I'll be waiting.

===================================================

Now in an attempt once more to get this thread on topic so others can speak, as for the rest if your post you are also mistaken. Simply put the police officer should not have assaulted the pedestrian simply because. He was unarmed. The man is in his 80's. These officers are therefore thugs. Clear cut case of brutality. What is there not to understand? Wish to continue debating it? You will continue to be challenged, welcome to the internet. I believe thats the point of a discussion over controversial topics.

The rest of yout text is ramble I'm not going to waste my time responding.

Like I said, keep it up. You're even more immature then some of the fans on this site. Hell you make them more tolerable. Shove your pathetic points and everything about you straight up your ass you racist, narcissistic, bastard. Plus you've already stoop down further then anyone else has ever done. I can read you people like books too.

You, Via 8, Grand Concourse read this message loud and clear, because we're calling your asses out. If you three stooges want to start something bring it on, we'll end it. If anyone else wants to add on to the assault, line up. We'll make you our bitch for life. What don't you go back and whine to the mods you yesmen.

Now in an attempt once more to get this thread on topic so others can speak, as for the rest if your post you are also mistaken. Simply put the police officer should not have assaulted the pedestrian simply because. He was unarmed. The man is in his 80's. These officers are therefore thugs. Clear cut case of brutality. What is there not to understand? Wish to continue debating it? You will continue to be challenged, welcome to the internet. I believe thats the point of a discussion over controversial topics.

They don't understand, because they look down on other people. None of them care about anything except themselves or the fact they act like sheep and blindly follow whatever politician makes sense to them. Like sheep, they get sent out to slaughter by the wolves. Fate has a way of punishing people who have done wrongs and this lawsuit against the NYPD is just that. 

I'm into Korean K-Pop and into my own damn Asian culture and people because I am one, not you. If you have any issues with that thats your damn problem. Is this an attack on my character because I am mixed Asian? No let me tell you the answer: Yes, and because of this moronic display of words you are writing here I am going to let it be known you are making a serious very detremental mistake if you want to take this off topic again over my race. Youve been warned.  Feel free to send me a PM if you have issues with the fact that I am Asian and I'll be more than happy to settle it with you one way or another.

Now go bitch at the mods or we can settle this 'issue' ourselves via PMs. Make a choice, quickly, and it better be a wise one. I'll be waiting.

===================================================

Like I said, keep it up. You're even more immature then some of the fans on this site. Hell you make them more tolerable. Shove your pathetic points and everything about you straight up your ass you racist, narcissistic, bastard. Plus you've already stoop down further then anyone else has ever done. I can read you people like books too.

You, Via 8, Grand Concourse read this message loud and clear, because we're calling your asses out. If you three stooges want to start something bring it on, we'll end it. If anyone else wants to add on to the assault, line up. We'll make you our bitch for life. What don't you go back and whine to the mods you yesmen.

The two of you should be ashamed of yourselves.  You, realizm and DJ have turned this into a pissing contest by basically accusing anyone who disagrees with your points of view as being racist and then you have audacity to say that we need new blood in here? Who would want to come here and post anything with the three of you (realizm, DJ and Turbo) literally attacking other posters for having a difference of opinion.  I applaud everyone who has stood up against you three like Kamen for speaking his mind, which is the whole point of a forum.  Posters are entitled to having opinions that differ from yours and if you don't like it well that's just too bad.  I know we're all racists because how "dare" us disagree.  Please, get over yourselves.  Some people just have a hard time accepting the truth.  Not my problem. 

The two of you should be ashamed of yourselves.  You, realizm and DJ have turned this into a pissing contest by basically accusing anyone who disagrees with your points of view as being racist and then you have audacity to say that we need new blood in here? Who would want to come here and post anything with the three of you (realizm, DJ and Turbo) literally attacking other posters for having a difference of opinion.  I applaud everyone who has stood up against you three like Kamen for speaking his mind, which is the whole point of a forum.  Posters are entitled to having opinions that differ from yours and if you don't like it well that's just too bad.  I know we're all racists because how "dare" us disagree.  Please, get over yourselves.  Some people just have a hard time accepting the truth.  Not my problem. 

Excuse me? You are known to have issues with people of color your damn self. Go cry me a river. 

We dont entertain racist ideology thats all there is to it. You throw it out there, expect a big time rebuttal. Now thats some hard truth for you. 

And btw thanks for blatently admitting that you are a racist, you reak of prejudice in every other comment you make.

Excuse me? You are known to have issues with people of color your damn self. Go cry me a river. 

You're excused... Yes, me and anyone else (Grand Concourse, Kamen Rider, etc.) who dares to disagree with your point of view on the cops and race issues in this city are racist.  Typical and disturbing.

Yes, me and anyone else (Grand Concourse, Kamen Rider, etc.) who dares to disagree with your point of view on the cops and race issues in this city are racist.  Typical and disturbing.

And the fact that you support the racial segregation of a city through insidious policing policies, yeah we dare to disagree with you.

Whats really typical and disturbing is that you put yourselves on pedestals and look down upon anyone who does not meet your misguided ideal of an honorary citizen. Don't you think we can see through your reasoning?

Pissing contest, heh, you are the master of throwing out trollbait you should know. Care to reverse the deviating of the topic or do you need to continue to be schooled? Flip a coin and decide.

And the fact that you support the racial segregation of a city through insidious policing policies, yeah we dare to disagree with you.

Whats really typical and disturbing is that you put yourselves on pedestals and look down upon anyone who does not meet your misguided ideal of an honorary citizen. Don't you think we can see through your reasoning?

LOL... Everything to you is "racial segregation".  God forbid a minority is arrested in NYC because it has to be police brutality or some other nonsense.  It could NEVER be the result of that individual's behavior.  <_< Some people have a hard time facing reality.  The NYPD has been significantly reformed over the past years.  People complained that the cops didn't reflect the makeup of NYC, so the NYPD worked on that.  Then folks complained about Stop & Frisk, so the NYPD worked on that and STILL somehow, everyone is out to get minorities.  Give me a break man.  To hear you talk, cops have nothing else better to do than go around harassing people of color, and I think it's an insult to police officers who put their lives on the line in this city to be degraded the way that you keep degrading NYC cops.  I have friends that are police officers and they're married to minorities with families, so your analogy makes no sense.

LOL... Everything to you is "racial segregation".  God forbid a minority is arrested in NYC because it has to be police brutality or some other nonsense.  It could NEVER be the result of that individual's behavior.  <_< Some people have a hard time facing reality.  The NYPD has been significantly reformed over the past years.  People complained that the cops didn't reflect the makeup of NYC, so the NYPD worked on that.  Then folks complained about Stop & Frisk, so the NYPD worked on that and STILL somehow, everyone is out to get minorities.  Give me a break man.  To hear you talk, cops have nothing else better to do than go around harassing people of color, and I think it's an insult to police officers who put their lives on the line in this city to be degraded the way that you keep degrading NYC cops.  I have friends that are police officers and they're married to minorities with families, so your analogy makes no sense.

Are you implying that all blacks and latinos are savages and out to be rounded up like animals, guilty as charged before proven innocent? Sure sounds like it. Perhaps you heard that out of the 90% of this population who are blacks, who are stopped and interrogated for example, that 87% of them end up innocent and not found of commiting even a civil offense? 

I thought we've had this discussion before. Apparently you are yet to grasp the concept of justice.

Are you implying that all blacks and latinos are savages and out to be rounded up like animals, guilty as charged before proven innocent? Sure sounds like it. Perhaps you heard that out of the 90% of this population who are blacks, who are stopped and interrogated for example, that 87% of them end up innocent and not found of commiting even a civil offense? 

I thought we've had this discussion before. Apparently you are yet to grasp the concept of justice.

I'm not implying anything.  You're the one attacking the NYPD at every opportunity and yelling police brutality.  To hear you talk you would think everyone that's locked up never committed a crime.  Do yourself a favor and go take a hot shower and come back when you've awoken again in reality and stop blaming the man for everything.  Cops have families that they want to go home to just like you do and the notion that they're all dirt bags and slime is completely incorrect.  Are some crooked? Of course.  There's bad apples in every batch but it's insane to constantly bash all cops at every opportunity.

I'm not implying anything.  You're the one attacking the NYPD at every opportunity and yelling police brutality.  To hear you talk you would think everyone that's locked up never committed a crime.  Do yourself a favor and go take a hot shower and come back when you've awoken again in reality and stop blaming the man for everything.  Cops have families that they want to go home to just like you do and the notion that they're all dirt bags and slime is completely incorrect.  Are some crooked? Of course.  There's bad apples in every batch but it's insane to constantly bash all cops at every opportunity.

Um nice try with your insinuations and deliberate misapplications of my points made. I did not imply that all police officers are bad and its made clear in many posts I have made giving credit to experienced cops who knows how to fight crime but also knows how to show courtesy and respect. Guess what? I know a PO too who is very aware of the flaws in Ray Kelly's policies as well. For the record, yes he is white.

And think again police brutality is on the rise or else we wouldn't be seeing news report after news report of such cases of many POs violently infringing on people's rights. See your analogy is that if people do not meed your biased standards they should automatically be targeted by police officers as savages apparently. What the hell do you care?

Archived