McCain chose Sarah Palin for VP

Coolbreezing

Sarah Palin Alaska’s Governor nearly has two years in office. According to some sources she has absolutely no experience in foreign policy. In Dayton, Ohio, John McCain introduced Sarah Palin as his choice for VP. He said, "She's got the grit, integrity, good sense and fierce devotion to the common good that is exactly what we need in Washington today." I thought this VP job requires one to have experience and all aspect of politic. Did you notice anything about her being experience in this quote? Yes she may be devoted but what is devotion if you don’t have the experience that goes with it. Another bad choice from Senator Mc McCain, nothing change it’s all the same. Governor Palin then spoke to the crowd and said, "it turns out the women of America aren't finished yet, and we can shatter that glass ceiling once and for all." Oh! I didn’t know this election was about the women of America, I guest you learn something new every day. It almost seemed as a joke for Senator McCain to think that the women of America are so desperate to have a woman in the white house that they’ll settle just for any woman.

For those of us who were watching the primaries, we saw Senator Barack Obama fort desperately to win this nomination. His opponent was Senator Hilary Clinton the wife of former president Clinton. This woman was not just any woman she’s an aggressor, a heavy duty and a very experience woman whose no stranger in politic. They are speculation that she may have lost against Obama because some didn’t want the Clintons to assume office for another third terms. They would have made too much connection and thereby would have acquired too much power. So get it right McCain Obama is very proud and has proved to America that he’s experience enough to direct this country in the right direction. Just comparing the choices that McCain and Obama made for vice president, it is apparent that Barack Obama is more likely to make the right choice for America. McCain made his choice base on what he thinks America wants. Obama made his choice base on what he knows America wants and that is an experience VP who’s ready to be president now.

I wonder if Governor Palin was McCain first choice. It wouldn’t be a surprise to me if later we found out that Palin was a last result situation, and then it would make sense to me. I expect this choice to affect McCain in the pole. They are absolutely no way that he can make a choice like that and for his numbers to remain the same. We must pay attention to the pole this time around because depending on the source, they have the intendancy to make certain candidate look good. When they do that it produces a psychological effect in the voters mind. It encourages them to vote for the candidate who perceives to be leading in the pole. I would suggest in this case that we don’t rely on one source, look at other channels or search online for other poles that don’t cater advertisements.

I want a president that would NOT cut the funding for mass transit even more... oh gee who will i pick?!?! Maybe someone who actually uses a train all the time?

barack-obama-banner.jpg

I prefer someone sane & in line with what the country ACTUALLY needs. :)

:( B) B) :D

<A>

Another important issue that defines the decision process of our future president Barack Obama.

Some people argued, if the government lower capital gain tax it will increase return on investment for most businesses. Thereby, will provide them with more capitals to invest in the market. Others argued that by cutting capital gain tax does not necessarily mean that investors will reinvest that capital back in the market. When I research capital, I found that capital does not necessarily mean money. Capital can be a home, a farm, a ranch, a family business, stocks investment or a work of art. More importantly capital gain tax is the tax applied on the profit after a good has been sold. I figured if the government lower the capital cost it would mostly benefit the rich since their own most of the capitals. But what about this increase in the money supply. I suspect if capital gain tax is cut it will place more money in the hands of ownership. That increase of funds would create a demand which would cause cost to increase. If you think about it the more money people have the more they likely to spend. In someway, decreasing the capital gain tax would cause in increase in price for the simple fact that people would have more money to chase very few good and services.

Another aspect of capital gain tax is that it is tax twice by the government. Once for every trades and a second time for the total profit. That my friend is what you call legal rubbery. And even if the government were to tax capital gain once, I still don't think it would change anything. They would still be more money chasing very few goods, cost would still go up. The stock prices would increase because of demand. It would not change a thing. We should not assume that if the government cut capital gain tax for corporations they'll turn around and produce more jobs. Under globalization no one can say for sure what they would do. Corporation main objective is to make profit where ever possible even if it include taking all their business to a different country. Therefore, increasing capital gain tax is another good choice from our future president Barack Obama.

The latest in the news and spreading like wildfire. Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin's 17 year old daughter is 5 months pregnant. She is having the baby and marrying the teenage father.

Not looking good already. Wonder what McCain is thinking right now. B)

The latest in the news and spreading like wildfire. Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin's 17 year old daughter is 5 months pregnant. She is having the baby and marrying the teenage father.

Not looking good already. Wonder what McCain is thinking right now. B)

Hey! Harry ....I'm not to sure if it's true but i recently heard the father to be has proposed to her and she is now his fiancee. If this is true it's possible that he could have been pressured.

Obama never had Hillary in mind as VP, she was never one of his choice. It is certainly not because she's not experience but mainly because it would have been too much for America at one time. To have a first black president and a first lady VP, I'M not sure how America would have reacted to that. But to say the list Hillary was too close to be nominated and to some extent she would always have in the back of her head that it could of been her. Obama would not have wanted that, it would have created conflict in the white house. Plus take a look how some McCain supporters reacted when he announced that he picked a woman as VP. They are still a lot of white and few black men who wouldn't want to see a woman in the white house. Obama's choice was carefully calculated he already had in his head during the primaries whom he would choose as running mate.

They may be more to this Palin story than we know.

Posted by: Sally in Dallas

Sep 02, 09:19 AM

Report Abuse

source real clear politics

I'm an "American woman" and I don't relate to Sarah Palin. (1) I've never hunted moose and then taken it home and cleaned it. (2) If I were in labor and my water broke, I sure as heck wouldn't get on an airplane and fly 10 hours to Anchorage, and then drive another 1-1/2 hours to a hospital to give birth. If I had a special needs baby on the way, I wouldn't even attend a conference in Dallas. I'd stay home and make sure that my baby was safe. What Palin did when she gave birth to her son Trig was to recklessly endanger his life. Or, was it her son? I think it is much more likely, given what little we know of Palin, that she didn't recklessly endanger her son's life. Instead, she faked her pregnancy, faked her labor contractions, and flew back to Alaska to the hospital where her daughter, Bristol, gave birth to the child. Palin is claiming the child is hers because (1) she's in real trouble for family values if it's Bristol's child and Bristol and Levi Johnston aren't married yet (maybe because on his MySpace site he says he doesn't want children and identifies himself as a "f****ng redneck"), and (2) because of Republican Party politics the past eight years, Bristol wouldn't have the health insurance to care for the special needs child. THERE'S A SIMPLE SOLUTION TO THIS QUESTION: Have the baby's DNA tested. If the DNA matches Palin's husband, then the baby is hers and she recklessly endangered the child's life. Will she be as reckless with the lives of your sons and daughters as commander-in-chief? On the other hand, if the baby's DNA matches Levi Johnston's, then we know that she is a politically calculated opportunist and not nearly the reformer she claims to be because she will have tried to perpetrate an outrageous fraud (and possible healthcare fraud).

And I'm sure by now you guys heard that Sarah Palin used her power to replace a public safety commissioner with one that was accused of sexual harassment. Plus she was a member of the Alaskan independent party for two years. It means that she's one of those people who wanted Alaska to be independent from the United State of America.

I do not encourage attacking Palin purely on the base of her unmarried daughter being pregnant or whatever the case maybe. However, it is important that we study her judgment since she claimed to accept the offer of vice president. We need to know about her decision sequence, how she arrived to them. Knowing that would help some of us voters decides whether we should consider McCain's VP or not. It is obvious that McCain made the wrong move. I recently found out that McCain wanted Joe Lieberman as his VP but somehow he couldn’t get him. Now that makes sense to me, Palin was a last result situation as I predicted.

Palin decision process has not been up to par and so as McCain. Like they say this is a recipe for disaster. The truth is that most Americans are not informed about those issues. The media hasn’t focus on the Palin issues. They need to talk about the Alaska independence issue, the firing of the public safety commissioner, her decision pertaining to her daughter case ….whatever the situation may be. The American people want more detail on that.

Who cares shes a MILF lol McCain is a genius, I am from a military family so I am not voting for someone who has no experience or has not served the country in the service. Besides she will be VP not President she will not be making all the big decisions.

I love how people and media blow peoples personal lives into something big. So what if her 17 year old daughter wants to play hide the stroodle and get knocked up.

Who cares shes a MILF lol McCain is a genius, I am from a military family so I am not voting for someone who has no experience or has not served the country in the service. Besides she will be VP not President she will not be making all the big decisions.

I love how people and media blow peoples personal lives into something big. So what if her 17 year old daughter wants to play hide the stroodle and get knocked up.

What ever the case may be whether it is a just or unjust war, it’s always an honor for a militant to serve his country when he’s call to. However, what’s not an honor is to continue fighting an unjust war when we know for certain it doesn’t benefit our country. A company will not invest in a product if it will not be profitable. Iraq has an 80 billion dollar surplus, we’re in a deficit. Now my friend it’s time to question your patriotism, will you fight for our country or for the Republican because if it’s the lather you’re already on the right track. When I became an American citizen, I sworn to protect this country against all, foreign and domestic, I never thought that I’ll be fighting to protect this country against our own citizens.

We should not assume just because someone serves his country in the military, automatically he’ll be in the best interest of his people. That person may only see his interest and the interest of his buddies or on the other hand, he may not be aware enough to overcome the problems that lie ahead. We’re not thinking critically enough. For some of us, our minds are already made up. It doesn’t matter if the evidence was right in front of you, you’ll vote for who you set your mind to vote for …why? …..Because you put your interest first before the interest of your country. Those of us who have not yet realize this, I’ll tell you again Barack Obama stand for the interest of the American people. I’ve realized that because of the choices he has made in the past and continue making.

I do not encourage attacking Palin purely on the bases of her unmarried daughter being pregnant. However, it is important that we study her judgment since she accepts the offer to be our vice president. We need to know about her decision patterns, how she arrived to them. Knowing that would help some independent and liberals decides whether they should consider McCain / Palin ticket. It is obvious that McCain made the wrong choice, considering that Joe Lieberman was his first pick, Palin was definitely an after thought. What I can’t understand is why is it that some people still can’t see that Palin was a last result situation that came out of desperation. Palin decision process has not been up to par and so as McCain. Like they say this is a recipe for disaster.

The Palin’s daughter issue became an issue mainly because she doesn’t support sex education. As a Governor running a state, you should be competent enough to know if the statistics showed your state to be the most infected with sexual transmitted disease, it's your responsibility to do something about it. Since she doesn’t support sex education, it's apparent why when her daughter got pregnant, people were furious to use her as an example to show the American people why sex education is important in our education system. Whether you believe it or not, it’s more about her judgment than it is about her daughter. This is something that happens to most American families. We’re not condemning the child but her parents for not educating her on how to use protection. This is one of the many reasons why we democrats say that she's not fit to be Vice President. Obviously, if she can’t direct her daughter’s life into a better path why should we believe that she can help direct America into prosperity?

Why is it that people think you need to go to war or be in the military to lead or be president? Makes absolutely no sense to me. Mccain is a creepy old weirdo, and palin is a cheap tactic to attract disenfranchised hillary supporters. I for one do not want a crazy old coot & a political tactic leading my country.:cool:

- A

Archived