Senate Republicans block transit tax breaks bill

Harry

post-5097-0-88949500-1400260223_thumb.jpg
A package of tax breaks that includes subsidies for mass transit riders, bike-share users and Broadway investors is on the ropes after Senate Republicans blocked the bill in a procedural spat. Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) included city-friendly provisions allowing transit users or bike-sharers to pay for their transportation with pre-tax income — and one giving theater producers a tax break — in a larger measure of about 50 annually renewed tax breaks. Most aid businesses. Republicans abruptly blocked the broader bill Thursday after Democrats barred GOP amendments. That means Congress likely won’t act on the package until December.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-88949500-1400260223_thumb.jpg

Raging edit: Lets see the hardliner republican armchair advocates try to justify this move towards praising the utter dismantling a much needed option for the better of public rapid transit. Maybe the Republican morons in the US Congress has other plans to invest into flying car options for the 1%'ers as opposed to actual common sense public transit initiatives in the form described here for the better of the American public!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fools they elect? Yes the commuters from out of state who are dependant on the NY economy to make the money, who voted for such reps and senators in this system just screwed themselves good but let me say this: We all know the common folk ballet drop in the box vote dont mean squat. The turnout of elections is all about corperations, wealthy tycoons, wall street schemes and dollars and cents - not by the actual representation of the public.

The Tea Party has to GO. Period!

Raging edit: Lets see the hardliner republican armchair advocates try to justify this move towards praising the utter dismantling a much needed option for the better of public rapid transit. Maybe the Republican morons in the US Congress has other plans to invest into flying car options for the 1%'ers as opposed to actual common sense public transit initiatives in the form described here for the better of the American public!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fools they elect? Yes the commuters from out of state who are dependant on the NY economy to make the money, who voted for such reps and senators in this system just screwed themselves good but let me say this: We all know the common folk ballet drop in the box vote dont mean squat. The turnout of elections is all about corperations, wealthy tycoons, wall street schemes and dollars and cents - not by the actual representation of the public.

The Tea Party has to GO. Period!

Sometimes people don't learn the easy way. If we let the Tea Party take this country to Hell, maybe this generation of folks would wise up and our country would be fixed until the next generation of idiots took over.

Sometimes people don't learn the easy way. If we let the Tea Party take this country to Hell, maybe this generation of folks would wise up and our country would be fixed until the next generation of idiots took over.

+1.

Not in my lifetime. I'm not going out like a sucker.

Not in my lifetime. I'm not going out like a sucker.

In other words we have to make it for ourselves and not depend on these ridiculous proposals at so called reforms not  never ever kept by these politicians. I don't. My hopes in a better life depends on myself and my own hard work and not dependant on political promises never kept. Could care less who the political affiliation of the person is tbh. I call my own shots in my life as an American not this effin government and the crap we see on the senate floor.

Archived