Metro-North fires 9 rookie conductors and reassigns 3 others after caught cheating on safety exams

Harry

Again, just because it's in the media doesn't mean it's true.

I stand by my position... The (MTA) wouldn't have taken the action that they did if they didn't have sufficient evidence to do so.  You can pick at  the details as you like.  You and I know that the (MTA) is too big, hence why these sorts of incidents occur.  

I stand by my position...

You can stand by your position as much as you want. 

I know for a fact, any time there is information disclosed by the MTA to the media it's less than 100% correct.  It's not necessarily how what the MTA discloses but how the media interprets it.

In college I took media relations classes.  In my experience in that class, and in past public speaking roles, the media can take any quote they want, change words around and come up with something completely different that's out of context. 

I know there has been information disclosed that contradicts your position.

You can stand by your position as much as you want. 

I know for a fact, any time there is information disclosed by the MTA to the media it's less than 100% correct.  It's not necessarily how what the MTA discloses but how the media interprets it.

In college I took media relations classes.  In my experience in that class, and in past public speaking roles, the media can take any quote they want, change words around and come up with something completely different that's out of context. 

I know there has been information disclosed that contradicts your position.

Well then I guess the (MTA) should go and correct what was stated...  <_<

I forgot one possible pertinent part of the puzzle.

When in the conductor training program (or on probation as a whole), they can get rid of you for no reason. So in the spin political entities put on issues what would sound better?

1) we fired the class because they were all cheating

2) we fired one or two people because of cheating and the rest of the class because we could (to prove a point).

Archived