Michael J Quill depot drivers

Jimmyb820

Hey. I work for MTA (OA) and I just wanted to ask you a few questions if that's ok about Qull depot?

I've only been on the job now since March 2014. Since I got called for Mabstoa, I thought I could only go to Manhattan or the Bronx. I really wanted to go to quill but when I went to Zerega, by the time they got to my name it was either Fresh pond depot(TA depot) or east New York. I grew up in queens so I took fresh pond. Now I'm not such a big fan of Brooklyn as fresh pond is considered a Brooklyn depot. Anyway, I know the big system pick is coming up and I was thinking of finally if possible going to quill.

The main question I have and I'm sorry for the long message is -

How is the depot to work at? How are the routes? What are the best or worst routes?

Any information u can give me would really help. I think I might on my days off come into the city and ride some of the buses so I can get a better feel. Some people tell me that since I'm still on probation for the job that maybe I should wait until I'm done then go but I don't know really. I feel if I have the chance to go to quill, I should take it and not wait till next years system pick.

I really do appreciate any information you can give me

Thank you

-J

I'll help you out.

Quill is considered a high seniority depot . Meaning that it has a lot of guys there with a LOT of years.

Its a Lot of high seniority guys there because its considered the best depot in the Manhattan Division....

A lot of crosstown routes. Much shorter than routes out of all other Manhattan depots.

There's a lot of routes out of here.

M8,M9, M12, M14A/D, M20, M21, M22, M23, M34/34A, M42, M50, M57, M66, M72, M79, M98, M104

My recommendation is to not go and ride the routes yet because you don't know if you will get into the depot with the amount of time that you have.

126st Is closing and word is that a flock of dudes are heading over to Quill when the system pick comes around.

A lot of guys are going to get pushed out the depot.

I hope you get to where you want to go.

Toughest route is M14 btw

And where are you going to go once 126th street closes? :P

It depends on a lot of things. There was talk that MTA management wanted to relocate the whole depot work force to 100 street. The workforce at 100 street was suppose to be transferred to MCH. Our union president is blocking that decision (we know why, we just can't prove it). He proposed instead split up the depot workforce, in seniority order, into OA and TA depots. If we get a depot, I'll go there. If we get split up, I'm going to MCH or manhattanville.

It depends on a lot of things. There was talk that MTA management wanted to relocate the whole depot work force to 100 street. The workforce at 100 street was suppose to be transferred to MCH. Our union president is blocking that decision (we know why, we just can't prove it). He proposed instead split up the depot workforce, in seniority order, into OA and TA depots. If we get a depot, I'll go there. If we get split up, I'm going to MCH or manhattanville.

Freakin' crazy... There are enough senior guys at 100th street as it is.  My uncle is currently there... For now anyway.

Archived