From MAbSTOA to TA!

Flagorita

Since when was TA considered to be the weaker side? Being civil service has its advantages.

Its considered the weaker side since our president (Track Worker, TA) caters almost exclusively to OA. And I'm almost certain that when the president moves on to his "VP of the international" job full time, he will probably appoint Tommy Lenae as the next president

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I have switched over from OA to TA recently, and yes my seniority drop to the bottom, but since I only have 7 months with the OA, I'm not losing much, I switch over to TA because it is more job security, I live in Brooklyn and I want to stay in BK's depot. I can go to Staten Island in the future if I want to. And it is a civil service title.

I have switched over from OA to TA recently, and yes my seniority drop to the bottom, but since I only have 7 months with the OA, I'm not losing much, I switch over to TA because it is more job security, I live in Brooklyn and I want to stay in BK's depot. I can go to Staten Island in the future if I want to. And it is a civil service title.

if im not mistaken if you switch to SI it's different unions and you would lose your seniority

if im not mistaken if you switch to SI it's different unions and you would lose your seniority

Correct.

Only time you would not lose it is if you start and get forced to a different borough and have a transfer in from day 1

i undertand  loosing seniority  if moving to SI or jamaica  because of the  THAT's  a ATU but  OA /TA are the same union TWU  I know there are alot of people who have made the move and have lost seniority and some have not .  no one seems to be able to point this out in black and white   you could never get a straight answer from anyone ....

When I made the change, it was near the spring pick (March) . When the list came out, my name was at the same order, I figured it probably will drop when the pick day comes. But when the day comes it was still the same, I thought I was going to get over until this B/O that was under me on the list came in and started saying it real loud regarding my switch and the the union guy heard it and made the changes. Learn a lesson: don't say shit to NOBODY !

Archived