LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

3 minutes ago, drenyce311 said:

You have an average accumulated all the way from the open house to getting into the program. They don’t tell you how you scored in the cognitive. I know I passed the synonyms with 42/42 because they had that in front of them. I could see my score on top of the paper. The other parts i don’t know how I scored. I guess pretty high since I made it into the program.  That’s why you have to sell yourself in the interview. As for who they pick to move forward. I’m not sure. I passed, they said “IF” selected I would get a email with the next few weeks. I got the email the next day inviting me to the signals and definition. 

So you can score low and still get into the program as long as your interview is fine?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 2ride said:

So you can score low and still get into the program as long as your interview is fine?

An invitation to the next step is good. Anything can happen from open house, signals and def to the panel interview. There people in this forum who made it to the panel and got a thank you for applying letters later on. But those who score higher in the cognitive test and pass the interview will move faster than those that score less. The invitation for signals and definition should be high. After they see the amount of work that needs to studied. People start dropping like flies. They usually 30-50 people to signals And Def. For the test date after usually around 20 show up and about 10 pass to the next phase. 

Edited by drenyce311

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I attended my overview on May 9th, and was called first for the interview. Is that a good sign? After the interview the HR lady told me she was recommending me for signals and definitions. What should I expect moving forward?

• 2 weeks later...