NYC Graphic Subway Signs Electronic & Static

Javier

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a somewhat big request, you don't have to do all of them, but if you could, that would be super awesome!

Could I have:

R62A (with Green Circle LED)

(1) - Woodlawn, Jerome Avenue - Cypress Hills, Crescent Street

R142A Exterior

(1) To Bedford Pk

(1) Eastern Pkwy Lcl

(1) 7 Av Exp

(1) Bronx Lcl

R142A Interior

(1) To Broadway Junction

(1) The Next Stop Is

(1) Saratoga-Rockaway

(1) 12:34 PM

Overhead Sign

Left: Manhattan and Brooklyn via Express

Middle 1: (1) 7 Av Express to Cypress Hills - Crescent Street. AM Rush hours express in Bronx.

Middle 2: (4) Lexington Av Express to Crown Heights - Utica Av

Right: Late nights (4) via Local

I'd also like an R142A strip map, but instead of sending you all the stops, should I just PM them to you?

Thanks!

Accepted, but split:

I will do the strip map (you can PM or put it here I don't mind) and the interior signs.

Exteior signs will be done by Subway.

Also, you can request R110A/B strip maps as well. For the R179 signs, they make look different here and then cause I'm still perfecting the sign. If you take a look at the exterior R179, you can see it DOSENT have any LED dots yet. I'm adding those in right now.

For your R62A sign, I will try and see if I still have the template for that.

Accepted, but split:

I will do the strip map (you can PM or put it here I don't mind) and the interior signs.

Exteior signs will be done by Subway.Also, you can request R110A/B strip maps as well. For the R179 signs, they make look different here and then cause I'm still perfecting the sign. If you take a look at the exterior R179, you can see it DOSENT have any LED dots yet. I'm adding those in right now.

For your R62A sign, I will try and see if I still have the template for that.

All right, thanks! I just PM'd you the stuff for the strip map.

Alright, so since im a Graphic Designer, I thought I could bring my talent here. So, the only requestable sign at the Moment is R188 Signs , R160 Signs, and R142 signs. Please note: The font for the R188 , R142 and R160 signs is not mine, so the credit goes to the author! 

Signs you can request:

R188:

ezimba2_zps24dbea71.gif

R142 & R160.

ezimba1_zps6eeea715.gif

(Sorry if this one is to fast)

Hope you like this!

Hi Javier,

Thanks for posting this topic. I'm new to the forum, and currently being considered for a Train Operator position. I'm also in the design field, and appreciate your work. Since I haven't started school car training, I'm not familiar with these signs. How are they used? Where are they used? Thanks in advance, and keep up the great work.

Yep

Cool! Could you make this sign?

060716ltrain.jpg

and an exit sign (black letters on white) reading:

[down arrow] Exit 12 St & Spring Garden St [wheelchair symbol]

Buttonwood St and Ridge Av

Uptown [bRS]

(The "BRS" is white letters on an orange rectangle. Its the SEPTA version of the MTA's route bullets)

Hi Javier,

I'm new to the forum, and currently being considered for a Train Operator position. I'm also in the design field, and appreciate your work. Since I haven't started school car training, I'm not familiar with these signs. How are they used? Where are they used? Thanks in advance, and keep up the great work.

Could I also request a few R142A interior signs?

(A) TO BUSTLETON

MARKET-FRANKFORD

SKIP-STOP

THE NEXT STOP IS

11 ST-MARKET EAST

5:56 PM

(B)    TO 69 ST TC

MARKET-FRANKFORD

SKIP-STOP

THE NEXT STOP IS

40 ST

5:15 PM

and finally

(C) TO SPRING GARDEN

MARKET ST LOCAL

THE NEXT STOP IS

21 ST-WEST MARKET

11:29 PM

[the letters are all meant to be blue. For some reason, they all come up as route bullets]

Edited by Around the Horn

• 1 month later...

Well sorry if we don't work on your schedule. We have lives outside of this you know. If things don't get done when you want them, be patient, or request it elsewhere. Just saying

Oh I know that. I was just saying, that's all.

Hi! I am new to this forum, and want to request a few signs.

R179 Exterior:

T KINGS PLAZA

T 2 AVENUE LCL

T DOWNTOWN LCL

T BRIGHTON EXP

R160 Interior:

(B) TO BAY PARKWAY

(B) THE NEXT STOP IS

(B) 9TH AVENUE

(B) 7:49 AM

Overhead Platform Sign:

To Lower West Side (B) To Bay Parkway, Brooklyn, Rush Hours. Other times to 9th Avenue

and Brooklyn (D) To Coney Island at all times. (B) and (D) are via Bridge.

(T) To Kings Plaza, Brooklyn via Tunnel; Nights and Sundays to Hanover Square.

Nights take (B) or (D) and transfer to (Q) at DeKalb Ave.

R142 Interior

2 TO KINGS PLAZA

2 THE NEXT STOP IS

2 AVENUE N

2 8:23 AM

R142 Exterior

(2) KINGS PLAZA

(2) 7 AVENUE EXP

(2) EASTERN PKWY LCL

(2) FLATBUSH LCL

Overhead Platform Sign:

To Brooklyn College (5) To Brooklyn College weekdays and evenings, Other times use (2)

and Kings Plaza (2) To Kings Plaza at all times except Sunday and Late nights, Other times to

Brooklyn College.

I know this is a large order, so I don't mind this order to be done for a while.

Scratch the 2 train exterior, and the T train exterior.

Instead, may I have a (T) strip map:

(T) To Kings

Plaza via

Tunnel

Next Stop: Grand Street (B)(D)

Chatham Sq

Seaport

Hanover Sq

Court St (2)(3)(4)(5)(R)

Jay St-Metrotech (A)(C)(F)<F>(R)

DeKalb Avenue Q R

Atlantic-Barclays (2)(3)(4)(5)(B)(D)(N)(Q)(R) LIRR

7 Avenue Q

Prospect Park Q

Church Ave Q

Newkirk Plaza Q

Kings Highway Q

Bedford Avenue

Nostrand Avenue

36 St-Marine Park

Kings Plaza (2)

I'm new to this topic, so these may sound like some odd questions. How are these signs used? What are they used for? Where? Thanks in advance.

Exterior signs on New York City subway cars are used to show the northern and southern/eastern and western destinations, and on NT trains, they also show via what street or area of the city they go through. Interior displays, only found on NT trains, show the destination of the train, the next stop, and the time. Strip maps and FIND systems only found on NT trains list all the stops along the line. Overhead platform signs show the direction of where the trains at that platform go, and what trains stop there. Station signs show the station name and the trains that stop there.

Exterior signs on New York City subway cars are used to show the northern and southern/eastern and western destinations, and on NT trains, they also show via what street or area of the city they go through. Interior displays, only found on NT trains, show the destination of the train, the next stop, and the time. Strip maps and FIND systems only found on NT trains list all the stops along the line. Overhead platform signs show the direction of where the trains at that platform go, and what trains stop there. Station signs show the station name and the trains that stop there.

Thanks Tonyboy515 for the quick reply. So MTA doesn't offer these signs, or have a dedicated department to make them? It's on us to make our own? Is that right? What's a NT train?

Edited by qbenguy

Thanks. So MTA doesn't have a dedicated department to make them? It's on us to make our own?

No, this forum thread is for simply replicas of these signs. You can even request fictional route signs. The (MTA) places the platform signs at every side of a platform with tracks. The NTT subway cars come build in with LED displays and older cars come with side rollsigns to show destinations.