Is Metro-North cross honoring tickets today?

Via Garibaldi 8

Bus service was running only in parts of the Bronx and other parts of the city. Riverdale didn't get service until about 12:30 due to the icy road conditions and hills. That's when I saw express buses running. By then I was waiting for Metro-North. Train service was impressive from Riverdale as well as in the Bronx. Everything was on time to Grand Central. I am curious though under what circumstances would the (MTA) cross honor? NJ Transit does it quite often.

Bus service was running only in parts of the Bronx and other parts of the city. Riverdale didn't get service until about 12:30 due to the icy road conditions and hills. That's when I saw express buses running. By then I was waiting for Metro-North. Train service was impressive from Riverdale as well as in the Bronx. Everything was on time to Grand Central. I am curious though under what circumstances would the (MTA) cross honor? NJ Transit does it quite often.

NJT rail passes already work on buses and light rail. For MTA usually extreme circumstances like transit strikes or very bad weather extremely bad.

It would probably occur if a vital Bronx-Manhattan link was severed temporarily, similar to how the MTA cross-honors on the LIRR whenever the (7) shuts down on weekends (which these days, is basically every weekend)

It would probably occur if a vital Bronx-Manhattan link was severed temporarily, similar to how the MTA cross-honors on the LIRR whenever the (7) shuts down on weekends (which these days, is basically every weekend)

Well I don't know about anything about a vital Bronx-Manhattan link, but here in Riverdale we have vital Riverdale-Manhattan links and we had no buses running (local nor express buses), which left walking to Metro-North since there were no cabs out due to the icy roads and the walk isn't that far from my apartment. Even if I had a car I wouldn't drive in that mess.  A client of mine mentioned that his cousin was caught in that and his car was stuck on ice and he had to retrieve it later after apparently crashing a few times as well.  Absolutely crazy.  Good Day NY showed a car skidding down a hill in Yonkers and only stopping after crashing into a brick apartment building. lol I lol because the guy missed all of the parked cars, and walked away with no injuries.  Extremely lucky since he basically couldn't apply his breaks.

Well I don't know about anything about a vital Bronx-Manhattan link, but here in Riverdale we have vital Riverdale-Manhattan links and we had no buses running (local nor express buses), which left walking to Metro-North since there were no cabs out due to the icy roads and the walk isn't that far from my apartment. Even if I had a car I wouldn't drive in that mess.  A client of mine mentioned that his cousin was caught in that and his car was stuck on ice and he had to retrieve it later after apparently crashing a few times as well.  Absolutely crazy.  Good Day NY showed a car skidding down a hill in Yonkers and only stopping after crashing into a brick apartment building. lol I lol because the guy missed all of the parked cars, and walked away with no injuries.  Extremely lucky since he basically couldn't apply his breaks.

I mean, it was fairly sudden. No one was expecting this, and given how long it takes information to flow from the top in MTA-land, let alone the separately siloed agencies, it would be a lot of work to tell people in Metro-North that they were cross-honoring, and then tell them that they no longer were a few hours later, and we'd probably end up with a lot of confused employees and angry riders.

Also, if the roads and sidewalks are that icy, the Hudson Rail Link is also probably not running, and it might not be the smartest thing for the MTA to encourage walking to stations in a hilly neighborhood when everything is slip-and-fall outside. Hindsight is 20/20, as they say.

I mean, it was fairly sudden. No one was expecting this, and given how long it takes information to flow from the top in MTA-land, let alone the separately siloed agencies, it would be a lot of work to tell people in Metro-North that they were cross-honoring, and then tell them that they no longer were a few hours later, and we'd probably end up with a lot of confused employees and angry riders.

Also, if the roads and sidewalks are that icy, the Hudson Rail Link is also probably not running, and it might not be the smartest thing for the MTA to encourage walking to stations in a hilly neighborhood when everything is slip-and-fall outside. Hindsight is 20/20, as they say.

The Hudson Rail Link doesn't run on weekends anyway, so that's irrelevant.  I was surprised to see the amount of people that were coming down to get the train at the Spuyten Duyvil station considering how terrible things were.  The Metro-North crew assigned to salt the platforms had a tough time as well, as they were short on salt, and the equipment that they use to de-ice the platforms wasn't working as well as they would've liked.  

NJT rail passes already work on buses and light rail.

Umm.... no they don't.

And don't try to tell me they do because I tried to use a bus pass on the train and they didn't take it. The only time that happens is during an emergency. Luckily I found that out before I got on the train. I'm pretty sure the same applies vice-versa.

Archived