Question on Abandon Myrtle Ave. Station

UlmerPark B6

As I was taking the (Q) today towards 14th St-Union Square, just north of DeKalb Avenue, we waited for the (N) to pass. While that was happening I look out to the right side and saw Myrtle Avenue blocked my board fencing and there was light inside, i mean the whole station is lit up. Half of the station seemed like artwork, If you don't get what I mean you should take the (:D/(Q) train and north of DeKalb, theres my question.

QUESTION: Why is the station lit?

It's the Masstransiscope. As the train rolls by you can see what looks like a moving image, but what are actually stills rushing past you so fast that your brain interprets it as moving. Of course, it doesn't work when the train moves slowly.

It was installed in the Myrtle Avenue station after it closed.

I think the station is less then 600 feet so I don't think there are go to reopen it. I had heard that they are possibly restoring the art work there. I know that the station is also an emergency exit and the opposite platform was removed in the 50's when they did a major track realignment project there.

I think the station is less then 600 feet so I don't think there are go to reopen it. I had heard that they are possibly restoring the art work there. I know that the station is also an emergency exit and the opposite platform was removed in the 50's when they did a major track realignment project there.

Exactly What I heard.

Exactly What I heard.

Same here, except for the part that they had removed the artwork... when did that happen?

As I was taking the (Q) today towards 14th St-Union Square, just north of DeKalb Avenue, we waited for the (N) to pass. While that was happening I look out to the right side and saw Myrtle Avenue blocked my board fencing and there was light inside, i mean the whole station is lit up. Half of the station seemed like artwork, If you don't get what I mean you should take the (:(/(Q) train and north of DeKalb, theres my question.

QUESTION: Why is the station lit?

is it dat masstransitscope thing?

Archived