How About This?

MTR Admiralty

I had this idea:

As we all know da (M) shuttle terminates at Myrtle Avenue...

i thought if we could reconstruct the tracks on the abandoned platform, that will ease the (J) since the shuttle would not have to cross at grade with the SB track and turn onto its link to the myrtle avenue el.

more service for the shuttle too (instead of stabling 1 train, by sending the line to the upper level, 2 trains could be stabled)

Dat be a good idea, except for one thing:

People would lose their cross-platform transfer to the (J).

I say screw that and rebuild the upper level. It's there, and if people can't read signs it's their fault.

lol

i believe the abandoned station is an island platform station

jus some stairs people, come on exercise!

we could always add lifts to the upper level platform

I would leave it the way it is. That way, the (J) would have to wait for the connection to the (M).

What they should do though is run (M) trains at full length during the day on weekends, and run the (M) to Chambers. Also, make the schedule so that (J) trains are always behind an (M), so that the (M) can fill up picking up at Myrtle, Flushing Ave, Lorimer, Hewes, and Marcy. And I would possibly have the (J) to Broad Street during the day during weekends. Late night service would stay the same.

I say why stop at Myrtle, rebuild the line all the way down to Jay Street. But since that is not economically feasible, using the upper level would be a good idea. It would make things run smoother if there was an emergency during rush hour causing (M) trains to terminate at Myrtle Ave. Plus for those how don't like the stairs, add some escalators .

I say why stop at Myrtle, rebuild the line all the way down to Jay Street. But since that is not economically feasible, using the upper level would be a good idea. It would make things run smoother if there was an emergency during rush hour causing (M) trains to terminate at Myrtle Ave. Plus for those how don't like the stairs, add some escalators .

yea, i always hoped miranda could sink deeper into brooklyn, thru a rebuilt el

An intermediate idea is to run the el to just before Marcy and tie it in with the (G). It would come out in the extra tracks near Bedford-Nostrand. Both lines would continue to Church Ave, and at nights, one of the lines would just terminate at Bedford.

Problem is, the property needed for the ramp off of Myrtle, and they have just built the area up.

An intermediate idea is to run the el to just before Marcy and tie it in with the (G). It would come out in the extra tracks near Bedford-Nostrand. Both lines would continue to Church Ave, and at nights, one of the lines would just terminate at Bedford.

Problem is, the property needed for the ramp off of Myrtle, and they have just built the area up.

2 Thumbs up for that plan!:D

Ha, I think I suggested something similar once to someone...I actually like that idea a lot. But like you said property acqusition would be a huge hurdle as well as finding a good place for a portal to send the el underground

Archived