Mybusnow Question ?

busdude2

I think I saw that happen before. Weird..

Side note about this whole GPS thing I'm not liking how drivers can program the Clever Device so their bus don't show on GPS. I get it you're trying to hide from the road ops or whatever but Transit paid good money for that equipment so the customers would have that info and they're not even getting it. Was out in Howell country the other day and IDK about any other depots but over there it really happens more often than not. Lots of missing runs on GPS and not just the new buses. One thing the MTA system has over the Clever Device is that IIRC as long as the GPS is working and the farebox is working and logged in the bus will show, the driver can't easily turn it off like they can in NJ.

I think I saw that happen before. Weird..

Side note about this whole GPS thing I'm not liking how drivers can program the Clever Device so their bus don't show on GPS. I get it you're trying to hide from the road ops or whatever but Transit paid good money for that equipment so the customers would have that info and they're not even getting it. Was out in Howell country the other day and IDK about any other depots but over there it really happens more often than not. Lots of missing runs on GPS and not just the new buses. One thing the MTA system has over the Clever Device is that IIRC as long as the GPS is working and the farebox is working and logged in the bus will show, the driver can't easily turn it off like they can in NJ.

It's not a matter of "hiding" from the regionals or control center. If a starter reassigns your trip, which is beyond routine during the afternoon peak at the Port, you have to go into manual mode to change your sign. This is very likely have reason you see this with Howell lines. You'll see it with pretty much any New York line on a weekday afternoon and evening.

It's not a matter of "hiding" from the regionals or control center. If a starter reassigns your trip, which is beyond routine during the afternoon peak at the Port, you have to go into manual mode to change your sign. This is very likely have reason you see this with Howell lines. You'll see it with pretty much any New York line on a weekday afternoon and evening.

Oh so that's why I've been seeing all these ghost buses as of late. To me, these ghost runs are like a box of chocolates. You never know what MCI you're gonna get.

Being in manual has nothing to do with hiding. Alot of times in the schedule mode The work sometimes is not accepted and you're forced into manual mode. Yeah Transit paid a lot of money but they can't get the small things fixed like having all the runs programmed for schedule mode.

Being in manual has nothing to do with hiding. Alot of times in the schedule mode The work sometimes is not accepted and you're forced into manual mode. Yeah Transit paid a lot of money but they can't get the small things fixed like having all the runs programmed for schedule mode.

This is also true.

Or just havig manual mode runs show on the GPS... I mean the announcements still work so its not like the CleverDevice doesn't know where the bus is

Archived