Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

3 hours ago, Roro said:

Hey all,

I just had my name recertified to the cert list due to a mixup. Does this mean that i'll be contacted for preemployment stuff when the next class is getting ready to begin? And does anyone know when it will begin? My list number is mid-3000s.

Also, does anyone have info for me on how much night and weekend differentials are? 

Thanks in advance!

Got my name restored back on 4/19, emailed the lady a month after not hearing anything back and still nothing. Doubt that'll happen but you never know. List# 34xx. 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Cpap machine is ready finally, gonna try and pick it up this week either thursday or friday. If everything goes smoothly then I should have a months worth of data by mid-july.

It will be a bit past 3 months but I guess I'll need get reinstated back on the list right?

13 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

My Cpap machine is ready finally, gonna try and pick it up this week either thursday or friday. If everything goes smoothly then I should have a months worth of data by mid-july.

It will be a bit past 3 months but I guess I'll need get reinstated back on the list right?

Most likely. Think they give you 100 days to resolve the hold. 

20 hours ago, Iwantthisjobbad92x said:

Hi I just did my pre employment and drug test last week how long does it take for a response after you've taken your drug test telling you the next step? Also do you know what number they are up for medical ???

I took my pre employment/ drug test April 28 and I’m still waiting to see if they respond to me before the 90 day expiry for the drug test. As far as medical number there really no way to tell what number they are exactly up to. 

14 hours ago, Camean said:

Looks like they scheduled a conductor exam 3708 (promotional) on the list of upcoming exams. Application period from 11-1 to 12-15.

I wonder how that will impact this list.

The 6601 goes to February 2023? I imagine that will be the list to come after this one ends possibly. December comes, then a bunch of holidays... Then they need to grade it and send out notices...I don't suspect it'll be a big impact anytime soon

14 hours ago, Camean said:

Looks like they scheduled a conductor exam 3708 (promotional) on the list of upcoming exams. Application period from 11-1 to 12-15.

I wonder how that will impact this list.

Would people who already took the current test that's established be able to take this new one? 

1 hour ago, Moe23 said:

I took my pre employment/ drug test April 28 and I’m still waiting to see if they respond to me before the 90 day expiry for the drug test. As far as medical number there really no way to tell what number they are exactly up to. 

Oh wow looks it like Im going to be waiting a while then as well smh especially if i just took mines last week smh and far as the medical part I was hoping that someone who is in the process of going for their medical or who went for their medical already (around this time) would answer with their list number just so I can have an idea where they are in the list  like for ex I took like pre employment last week and my list number is 61xxx so for the people who took the opa recently and is waiting and wondering they now have an idea where they are up on the list now as far as pre employment 

16 minutes ago, Iwantthisjobbad92x said:

Oh wow looks it like Im going to be waiting a while then as well smh especially if i just took mines last week smh and far as the medical part I was hoping that someone who is in the process of going for their medical or who went for their medical already (around this time) would answer with their list number just so I can have an idea where they are in the list  like for ex I took like pre employment last week and my list number is 61xxx so for the people who took the opa recently and is waiting and wondering they now have an idea where they are up on the list now as far as pre employment 

I hope you're not list 61XXX.

12 hours ago, Milano said:

If you already work for MTA, I don't see why not.  It's a promotional.

I meant like I took the previous test waiting for them to get to my list number. So would I be able to take the new test or that's just for current mta workers only. Not a mta worker at the moment

1 hour ago, Mohamed said:

I meant like I took the previous test waiting for them to get to my list number. So would I be able to take the new test or that's just for current mta workers only. Not a mta worker at the moment

Promotional exams are only for current employees.

25 minutes ago, Bmwbuck said:

So I took drug test last week 6/10 and just got a call for a phone interview with medical for next steps 7/5 does that mean I passed the urine? I’m sure they won’t call if they moving past your name

Yes it means the drug test was good and youre moving on to the next step

2 hours ago, Bmwbuck said:

So I took drug test last week 6/10 and just got a call for a phone interview with medical for next steps 7/5 does that mean I passed the urine? I’m sure they won’t call if they moving past your name

They moved you quick, I’m still waiting from when I took my pre employment / drug test back in the end of April my list number is 57xx . Did they only call you or did they text, email, or send a letter as well?

2 hours ago, Bmwbuck said:

Curious; when did you take the OPA and lost #xxx?