Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

1 hour ago, Jlw1993 said:

Yesterday I was notified to come in and redo my pre employment and Lab next week for the second time.( List # 63xx) But it’s weird because it’s only been 45 days since my first appointment. 

Nice to know they getting close lol

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Whats your list number? And you can always call 180, depending on what number they're on. 

46xx, just emailed DCAS yesterday to be reinstated after I couldnt clear my medical hold on time

Edited by Comrade96

Just now, Comrade96 said:

4650, just emailed DCAS yesterday to be reinstated after I couldnt clear my medical hold on time

Next time to protect your identity never give your list number, you never know who's being a creep. In other news you should be fine just be on top of stuff don't let forget about you while being respectful obviously about it. Considering they already have a new exam that's promotional only for conductors....

2 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Next time to protect your identity never give your list number, you never know who's being a creep. In other news you should be fine just be on top of stuff don't let forget about you while being respectful obviously about it. Considering they already have a new exam that's promotional only for conductors....

Yeah I made a mistake writing it all out but yeah i intend to stay on top of it

On 7/18/2019 at 6:45 AM, Schecter said:

Are we still suggesting this bag and how has it held up over two/three years? Also I see a 20 and 22 inch option.. Thoughts? Thx 

Just now, Milano said:

Are we still suggesting this bag and how has it held up over two/three years? Also I see a 20 and 22 inch option.. Thoughts? Thx 

I used the 22.5 inch bag for t/o school car, it's a decent bag, but it'll help with carrying your study books with you and your tools as well.

I used the 22.5 inch bag for t/o school car, it's a decent bag, but it'll help with carrying your study books with you and your tools as well.

Also I noticed it says 40L in the link but now the page indicates these are 35L.  Can you peek and see if it still appears to be the same bag? Sometimes things on Amazon change without them replacing the whole product page?

Edited by Milano

3 minutes ago, Milano said:

Also I noticed it says 40L in the link but now the page indicates these are 35L.  Can you peek and see if it still appears to be the same bag? Sometimes things on Amazon change without them replacing the whole product page?

I see it try this link, that link I sent 3 years ago probably changed.

https://www.amazon.com/KAKA-Backpack-Waterproof-Students,Anti-Theft-40L(Black)/dp/B00Y9WXB7E/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=PCSKWYST4TBM&keywords=kaka%2Bbackpack&qid=1659231765&sprefix=kaka%2B%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-3&th=1&psc=1

1 hour ago, Milano said:

You can honestly use any bag you want, the kaka is great in terms of space and that's it. Personally I would have gone with another bag if I had the choice again. Straps are fine you just can't carry it on your back when crossing tracks. 

1 minute ago, Chris8 said:

When you hover over it say's Train Operator. That's why I was asking how to get one for Conductor lol 

You probably gotta post more maybe on the forums I'm on both helping both forums out with questions, considering I was a conductor first and now a train operator

Just now, Schecter said:

You probably gotta post more maybe on the forums I'm on both helping both forums out with questions, considering I was a conductor first and now a train operator

Lol got it! I did tell myself once I'm done with School Car I'm going to be active on the forums to help as many people as I can. This whole process could get confusing for some. 

1 minute ago, Chris8 said:

Lol got it! I did tell myself once I'm done with School Car I'm going to be active on the forums to help as many people as I can. This whole process could get confusing for some. 

Yeah no it definitely is especially when you haven't worked for transit before like myself when I started I was like this school car experience is intense, but now when I look back I'm like it's not too bad. I just hate how the TSS instructors put conductors against train operators, having them pull the chord for any little thing smh it's bad...

Yeah no it definitely is especially when you haven't worked for transit before like myself when I started I was like this school car experience is intense, but now when I look back I'm like it's not too bad. I just hate how the TSS instructors put conductors against train operators, having them pull the chord for any little thing smh it's bad...

Oh man who are you telling. I feel like all I learned in School Car were door cutouts and when to pull the EBV on my TO lol. I understand I need to protect my job first, but they are some minor things that we shouldn't need to pull the EBV for. 

40 minutes ago, Apes said:

Oh man who are you telling. I feel like all I learned in School Car were door cutouts and when to pull the EBV on my TO lol. I understand I need to protect my job first, but they are some minor things that we shouldn't need to pull the EBV for. 

Exactly of course you do, but what they teach is crazy bang your t/o in for everything. But yeah minor things should just be talked about during the incident. Team work makes the dream work.

8 hours ago, Schecter said:

Exactly of course you do, but what they teach is crazy bang your t/o in for everything. But yeah minor things should just be talked about during the incident. Team work makes the dream work.

Absolutely, that's why I always make sure to talk to my TO before the trip and get to know them. Even though I'm XX and probably won't see them again, I want to make sure I build a good rapport with everybody. Communication is key down here!  

Edited by Apes

11 hours ago, Schecter said:

Honestly, that's why I don't like rule 9.01. We need our c/r's and they play a critical role, but I can't help but feel annoyed sometimes that they are considered "in charge" of the train when in revenue service.

As train ops, we already have to do most put ins on our own, prepare the c/r position on our own, set them up to even be able to open door and unlock the doors for them. We move the train, but we aren't in charge of it?

I know it comes from the railroad way of doing things. But still, it's silly to me.