Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

On 3/13/2023 at 11:36 AM, TurtleTA said:

Good Morning Community 😁

I’m looking for some feedback, all is appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

I’m in a situation where I got called both for TA Bus Operator and Conductor. Living in Staten Island TA Bus Operator would land me home where conductor would run me to boroughs but not a big deal, wake up early, use your free pass and get to work.

With that, anybody in here have any feedback on both jobs? Pros/Cons maybe?

I might be late to the game,  it is go for who is paying you more money. I’d also think it’s more risky driving a bus in NYC than standing on a train open and closing doors. 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Mohamed said:

Hello my friend, still waiting. I know I passed the OPA so that's good and they are getting closer to my number 77##

Hey did you get called in for pre employment? I got an email with an invite I’m in the 77## range as well. Something about canvassing 😮💨☺️

27 minutes ago, Lov3 qu33n said:

Hey did you get called in for pre employment? I got an email with an invite I’m in the 77## range as well. Something about canvassing 😮💨☺️

Holy shit, I was playing GOW and I saw my phone notification said MTA 🙏🙏 grateful and I can't wait to be part of MTA. Wish you the best on your pre employment as well my friend 

On 3/13/2023 at 2:04 PM, Comrade96 said:

same chance as the first one, I went through 3 of them before getting hired, tho I had a medical hold so theres that

I got hired after my first one, so anything is possible. Plus as I said earlier they are planning a class for April 2 of 50 students so cross your fingers

Hi just found this forum today. I got an email today (3-17-23) to start pre employment. I have to show up in 180 Livingston street on Tuesday the 21. I’m a bit concerned on the drug test . I smoked yesterday because I didn’t know I was going to get an email in such of short time. Do I have to take the drug test on Tuesday? Everything is happening quick. 

7 minutes ago, jherrera7080 said:

Hi just found this forum today. I got an email today (3-17-23) to start pre employment. I have to show up in 180 Livingston street on Tuesday the 21. I’m a bit concerned on the drug test . I smoked yesterday because I didn’t know I was going to get an email in such of short time. Do I have to take the drug test on Tuesday? Everything is happening quick. 

No, you don't have to go. Let them know you can't make it.

27 minutes ago, subwaysurfer said:

I got hired after my first one, so anything is possible. Plus as I said earlier they are planning a class for April 2 of 50 students so cross your fingers

How long after your first one  did you have to wait till they called you back to complete the hiring process? 

50 minutes ago, subwaysurfer said:

How long did you have to wait after your first one to go back and complete the hiring process? 

1 hour ago, jherrera7080 said:

Unless you’re lucky it May be too short notice for you, but for anyone else worried about this issue, just go on google and search spectrum labs Quick fix. Order the belt kit and and keep it stashed for when you get the email. Come back and thank me later💪🏼💪🏼 

1 hour ago, ThaVision107 said:

Hey everyone I’m lost number 77xx I just got the email to go in for canvas. I was wondering if it’s mandatory for you to be vaccinated in order to move forward?

As of November 14, 2021, MTA New York City Transit is requiring all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. “Fully vaccinated” means having received both doses of a 2-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the second dose or having received 1 dose of a 1-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the dose.

1 hour ago, jherrera7080 said:

So you recommend me not going to the pre employment? Do you take the drug test that same day?

Drug tests are also random besides the pre-employment one. So I hope this isn't a behavior you plan to continue, because it'll be counterproductive, eventually. 

26 minutes ago, ThaVision107 said:

Unless you’re lucky it May be too short notice for you, but for anyone else worried about this issue, just go on google and search spectrum labs Quick fix. Order the belt kit and and keep it stashed for when you get the email. Come back and thank me later💪🏼💪🏼 

yeah dont do this, if you cant make it because you smoked better to not go than get caught and get blacklisted

1 minute ago, Comrade96 said:

and yes if you partake in any kinds of drugs stop that stuff now, like Milano said randoms are a part of the job, and if you test positive during your probation theyll throw you out to the curb

Doesn't even take that long to get hit either. I think one or two of my induction group classmates got called for a random while posting. 🤷‍♂️ Truly random.

6 minutes ago, Lov3 qu33n said:

As of November 14, 2021, MTA New York City Transit is requiring all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. “Fully vaccinated” means having received both doses of a 2-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the second dose or having received 1 dose of a 1-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the dose.

So then it probably wouldn’t even make sense for me to go 🤷🏻. I’m not vaccinated and I have no intentions of getting that vaccine. 

Just now, ThaVision107 said:

So then it probably wouldn’t even make sense for me to go 🤷🏻. I’m not vaccinated and I have no intentions of getting that vaccine. 

Then you're right, it makes no sense to go. They'll send you home.