Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

1 hour ago, Milano said:

Not available online, perhaps a transcript from the school/program that gave you the GED?

Not to be a jerk but you should know where your important documents are. Get a safe. Keep birth certificate, SS card, ged, marriage certificate, will, vehicle titles in there.

Don't stress if it's really that much a hassle tho - go in with what you got, find that guy Kevin running around and see if he can help you before you get up to the window.

Alternatively, call olha and seek guidance from her.

And you're right, they do make things needlessly complicated. Welcome to gov't work.

When I found out I spent 6 hours there for a drug test that they're only going to send out to lab corp.... I was kind of pissed that I couldn't just go to LabCorp and get it done in an hour.

Ha. I know. I literally have everything else. It’s just the original copy that I don’t have 😂. I’m going to call Olha tomorrow as suggested and see. 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Milano said:

Not available online, perhaps a transcript from the school/program that gave you the GED?

Not to be a jerk but you should know where your important documents are. Get a safe. Keep birth certificate, SS card, ged, marriage certificate, will, vehicle titles in there.

Don't stress if it's really that much a hassle tho - go in with what you got, find that guy Kevin running around and see if he can help you before you get up to the window.

Alternatively, call olha and seek guidance from her.

And you're right, they do make things needlessly complicated. Welcome to gov't work.

When I found out I spent 6 hours there for a drug test that they're only going to send out to lab corp.... I was kind of pissed that I couldn't just go to LabCorp and get it done in an hour.

Ha. I know. I literally have everything else. It’s just the original copy that I don’t have 😂. I’m going to call Olha tomorrow as suggested and see. 

2 hours ago, Lov3 qu33n said:

Lol. I feel like they make an everything complicated. 😮💨. I have no idea where that GED is at and if I apply for it wait time is 8-10 weeks. Bummer. I’m bout to just not go. Smh 

Honestly just still go.. guarantee you most likely will go back in June for another pre- employment process.. . Im 71##.. im on second pre- employment.. and I'm preparing to go back in June for #3

Theres a lot of people who put there names back on the list.. April 2nd class is already full.. and no classes announced so far after that..   11 months to still get in assuming conductor spots open up!!

47 minutes ago, Immortal11 said:

Honestly just still go.. guarantee you most likely will go back in June for another pre- employment process.. . Im 71##.. im on second pre- employment.. and I'm preparing to go back in June for #3

Theres a lot of people who put there names back on the list.. April 2nd class is already full.. and no classes announced so far after that..   11 months to still get in assuming conductor spots open up!!

Ok. That’ll give me more than enough time to apply for another copy. Thank you. Yes. My best friend started last year and did pre emp twice as well. She started in Oct.  

On 3/17/2023 at 10:34 PM, subwaysurfer said:

I got hired after my first one, so anything is possible. Plus as I said earlier they are planning a class for April 2 of 50 students so cross your fingers

My letter said, being considered for April 10th on my conditional offer....Maybe 2 classes being considered? 

2 minutes ago, Mohamed said:

When you went for pre employment? And after what else did you need to do. 

Went for pre-employment on the 15th. Nothing else was asked from me, aside from the letter asking me to return back on Fri.

They move super quick once you get called in for pre-employment. 

14 minutes ago, Jetgator3 said:

What is your list number? 

34XX. Should've been employed back in 2021, but got a big ass neck :( and got placed on med hold cuz of sleep apnea and did not come off it until 2022. And did not make the cutoff(by a week) when they recertified the list. Been close to a decade wait for me, so hopefully my family and I have the happy ending we deserve to have. 

23 minutes ago, ronZO215 said:

34XX. Should've been employed back in 2021, but got a big ass neck :( and got placed on med hold cuz of sleep apnea and did not come off it until 2022. And did not make the cutoff(by a week) when they recertified the list. Been close to a decade wait for me, so hopefully my family and I have the happy ending we deserve to have. 

Congratulations. I’m 36XX so hopefully i hear back from them soon. 

1 minute ago, Mohamed said:

What did you do so far? With that list number you should have been working for MTA by now 

Just pre-employment, haven’t heard anything back yet. I had my name recertified last year annd i missed to cut off time by a day.  I’ve been waiting since. 

19 minutes ago, Jetgator3 said:

Just pre-employment, haven’t heard anything back yet. I had my name recertified last year annd i missed to cut off time by a day.  I’ve been waiting since. 

You should called Olga and see what's going on, or email.. hope you hear back something soon my friend 

I felt this comment... lol been outta HS since '02 and have had a shit load of jobs in-between lol thankfully been at my current job for 11. I would try to remember a name and write the # and pray for the best. IMO, that's better than leaving it blank. 

54 minutes ago, Mohamed said:

Question, I am going over the work history part of the application and I see they are asking for the supervisor phone number. I don't remember those number because those job were 8 years ago, is it ok to leave that blank? 

Google the company number or make one up. They're not calling anyone. Don't leave things blank because they might make you do it all over again

Edited by Milano

2 hours ago, Mohamed said:

What did you do so far? With that list number you should have been working for MTA by now 

Stop creating hysteria. He doesn't need to do anything. They are calling people from the newly certified list. If you check the list you will see that a person with a score of 30** is behind 30 or more people. Just wait. They'll get to you. 

3 hours ago, ronZO215 said:

So I am also on the recently certified list and I have a higher list number than you but you were called before me for preemployment and have already received a conditional offer. Maybe they call the people who were on medical hold first. That seems fair. Which date is your medical scheduled for?

4 hours ago, ronZO215 said:

My letter said, being considered for April 10th on my conditional offer....Maybe 2 classes being considered? 

April 2 is a Sunday. Who said there is a class starting on Sunday April 2nd? Maybe there is only one class starting on April 10th- a Monday.