Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

Just now, goliver28 said:

Does a traffic violation affect you for the conductor position? I got a traffic summons December last year. I didn’t know I had to sign one of those papers that stated I don’t have any pending violations. It said it was only for drivers so I didn’t sign it. When I submitted the papers yesterday, they made me sign that part and I just quickly signed it without realizing what I was signing for. I read the paper again just now and now I’m concerned about what can possibly happen. The violation has been pending ever since and I have no idea when they’ll mail me about a hearing or anything(I pleaded not guilty).

Yes, it needs to be paid off.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jericho said:

Yes, it needs to be paid off.

Well the summons is pending. I don’t even know what’s going on with the summons because this happened on December 26th last year. I pleaded not guilty and mailed it in. They still haven’t mailed me back or anything. I literally don’t know what’s going on. 

6 hours ago, goliver28 said:

Well the summons is pending. I don’t even know what’s going on with the summons because this happened on December 26th last year. I pleaded not guilty and mailed it in. They still haven’t mailed me back or anything. I literally don’t know what’s going on. 

Yes, you are waiting for a pending court date to contest the ticket. However, you can't. You have to pay it off before you reach the day of the medical. Make sure to take the payment confirmation with you the next time you show up.

2 hours ago, Jericho said:

Yes, you are waiting for a pending court date to contest the ticket. However, you can't. You have to pay it off before you reach the day of the medical. Make sure to take the payment confirmation with you the next time you show up.

I know this might sound a little unbelievable but welcome to transit @goliver28.   Jericho is giving you accurate info. 

6 hours ago, Jericho said:

okay well I'll just wait and see thank you

1 hour ago, goliver28 said:

okay well I'll just wait and see thank you

When you get in for medical and they have you turn in the paperwork they will ask you if you have any pending tickets. If you do, no matter if you're waiting for a court date or yoy dispute the fact that you did anything wrong, they will ask you to go and pay them right then or leave the medical appointment entirely. I've seen this happen to people and they try to plead their case but it will fall on deaf ears. 

13 minutes ago, goliver28 said:

For the safgard website to order those shows, it says to allow 24-72 hours after appointed to order the shoes. Does anyone know if weekends are included in those hours? I was appointed on Friday.

It takes longer than they say. I don't remember how long it was but don't worry about it being broken... It'll work eventually. I don't remember if it was 3 business days or two weeks... But it wasn't 72hrs.

Order the CAT Boots if you want something true to size.

On the subject, plan on possibly having to buy your own shoes if theirs don't show up in time to do the climb of the train .. And plan on buying your own uniform clothing as well because that can take 2- 6 months to show up 

Edited by Milano

37 minutes ago, Milano said:

It takes longer than they say. I don't remember how long it was but don't worry about it being broken... It'll work eventually. I don't remember if it was 3 business days or two weeks... But it wasn't 72hrs.

Order the CAT Boots if you want something true to size.

On the subject, plan on possibly having to buy your own shoes if theirs don't show up in time to do the climb of the train .. And plan on buying your own uniform clothing as well because that can take 2- 6 months to show up 

Wow thanks so much for that info. Well I already ordered the uniform clothing and it’s coming today. That’s a good idea to order CAT boots. I can always return it if the shoes come in time. Where can I order the CAT boots?

36 minutes ago, goliver28 said:

Wow thanks so much for that info. Well I already ordered the uniform clothing and it’s coming today. That’s a good idea to order CAT boots. I can always return it if the shoes come in time. Where can I order the CAT boots?

Hey where did you order the uniform clothing from ? And yea same issue I tried to order the boots and website wasn't working for me.. I was also appointed friday.

Edited by Immortal11

4 hours ago, goliver28 said:

The cat boots are one of the options transit gives you.  

Check the sleeve length, hat size and other sizes of the uniforms. After 75 days you can't send it back.   

Edited by Milano

1 hour ago, Milano said:

The cat boots are one of the options transit gives you.  

Check the sleeve length, hat size and other sizes of the uniforms. After 75 days you can't send it back.   

So the paperwork says were to get the boots from, but no info on were to go find the uniform 🤔 

1 hour ago, Immortal11 said:

So the paperwork says were to get the boots from, but no info on were to go find the uniform 🤔 

Well it says light blue buttoned down shirt with a collar and dark blue pants, slacks, or khakis. It doesn’t matter where you buy it from.

46 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

theyll do uniform measurements the first week of schoolcar

A light blue button down and navy blue slacks will do fine

8 minutes ago, goliver28 said:

Well it says light blue buttoned down shirt with a collar and dark blue pants, slacks, or khakis. It doesn’t matter where you buy it from.

You guys are awesome.. thanks!!!

I did my medical today and was sworn in today also. I start training on 4/10 List No. 719*. For anyone who is going in for their medical......

1. MAKE SURE that you print up and fill out all of the pages of the forms that are attached in the Conditional Offer email BEFORE coming to 180 Livingston. The three documents (3pgs, 18pgs, and  20pgs) Fill out EVERYTHING. This will save you at least a half hour to an hour of your time.

2. Get your money order from the USPS for $88.25. You will need it for your fingerprints. Leave it blank until the person taking the fingerprints tells you to fill it out

3. Be prepared to be there all day. Bring a snack or something to eat. I had to be there at 7AM and didn't leave until 4PM

This message forum has been a blessing to me and I wish everyone Good Luck 🙏🏾

16 hours ago, B2B said:

I did my medical today and was sworn in today also. I start training on 4/10 List No. 719*. For anyone who is going in for their medical......

1. MAKE SURE that you print up and fill out all of the pages of the forms that are attached in the Conditional Offer email BEFORE coming to 180 Livingston. The three documents (3pgs, 18pgs, and  20pgs) Fill out EVERYTHING. This will save you at least a half hour to an hour of your time.

2. Get your money order from the USPS for $88.25. You will need it for your fingerprints. Leave it blank until the person taking the fingerprints tells you to fill it out

3. Be prepared to be there all day. Bring a snack or something to eat. I had to be there at 7AM and didn't leave until 4PM

This message forum has been a blessing to me and I wish everyone Good Luck 🙏🏾

I'm fasting for Ramadan so even though they have a vending machine, I had to just deal with it lol. A lot of people didn't have money orders and had to run to the post office and come back. Some didn't properly read that they specifically want the money order by USPS. Yup best to fill out all those pages at home. It's best not to write the date because some people(like myself) can be put on medical hold and you can't submit those papers until you're off of medical hold.

On 4/3/2023 at 11:51 AM, Immortal11 said:

Hey where did you order the uniform clothing from ? And yea same issue I tried to order the boots and website wasn't working for me.. I was also appointed friday.

I copped my light blue button down for like $18 from amazon and using my dark blue Cintas work pants from the job I'm quitting from muahahaha