Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Amir said:

Wow, I guess my hope is slowly going down a drain. I’m 115xx. I took my OPA in May.

If you took opa in May...they should call you around july-agust for drug test and if list still after 3 months after they'll call you for final processing...atleast that's how it went for me...I'm in my 3rd week working for mta 

10 minutes ago, Elvis Gonzalez said:

If you took opa in May...they should call you around july-agust for drug test and if list still after 3 months after they'll call you for final processing...atleast that's how it went for me...I'm in my 3rd week working for mta 

I’m praying! Thank you! Do they send a letter in the mail? Or do they actually call you? 

Congrats on your career also, how are you liking it? 

Hey everyone, I’m just reading this post. I took OPA in February 2023 and received my passing results from that but haven’t been to the next phase of pre employment, medical or drug test. Not sure which is the last list number called for that process.

28 minutes ago, DaVon said:

Hey everyone, I’m just reading this post. I took OPA in February 2023 and received my passing results from that but haven’t been to the next phase of pre employment, medical or drug test. Not sure which is the last list number called for that process.

Did they send you the passing results thru email? Or did they send you a letter? 

-From the last post Elvis said to also look out for emails. Hopefully you’ll get an email this month. 🤞🏽. Also what was your list #

11 minutes ago, bknightshadow45 said:

After waiting seven years since I took the written exam for conductor. My list number finally got called up to take the OPA. My list number is in 119xx range. I take the OPA next month.

Awesome, congrats and good luck! You’ll be perfectly fine if you pay attention to the announcements off the recording.

On 6/11/2023 at 9:28 PM, Blu24 said:

Just wanted to update. I’m submitting my paperwork this week and hopefully it will clear my medical hold.  Sleep study done twice and AHI for sleep apnea was within normal range 😮‍💨

You did the sleep study at home? Also what possible reason they can keep a medical on hold? 

8 hours ago, DaVon said:

Does anyone know the last list number called for pre employment and medical?

By any chance what email should I look out for to get my OPA results. I don’t want to miss any emails in case it goes into the spam folder. 🫥

1 hour ago, Amir said:

By any chance what email should I look out for to get my OPA results. I don’t want to miss any emails in case it goes into the spam folder. 🫥

Normally you don't get a email about results...at least in my case...if everything goes like it went for me in 2-3 months you'll get a email for drug test

17 minutes ago, Elvis Gonzalez said:

Normally you don't get a email about results...at least in my case...if everything goes like it went for me in 2-3 months you'll get a email for drug test

Only going to chime in and say that everyone's experience is different especially depending on where your list number is and when they decide to hold classes. Last hired seems to be around 8000 or so. Amir's list# is 11.5k which means they're going to have to sort through 3500 people before they reach him. Each class is usually 50-60 people and the last known one to be held for now will be in July.

I know someone who took their OPA back in 2018 and didn't hear back for their first drug test until 2019 and then didn't get called for medical until 2021.

Edited by Jericho

21 hours ago, Jericho said:

Only going to chime in and say that everyone's experience is different especially depending on where your list number is and when they decide to hold classes. Last hired seems to be around 8000 or so. Amir's list# is 11.5k which means they're going to have to sort through 3500 people before they reach him. Each class is usually 50-60 people and the last known one to be held for now will be in July.

I know someone who took their OPA back in 2018 and didn't hear back for their first drug test until 2019 and then didn't get called for medical until 2021.

Yikes!! Well I’ll hope for the best. Thank you! 🙏🏽

On 6/14/2023 at 12:45 AM, DaVon said:

Does anyone know the last list number called for pre employment and medical?

The last number called for Pre-employment and medical was 81**. I  received a call Tuesday evening. There is a class scheduled for July. 

@CocoaMint29 Thank you so much for the update. So, you received a phone call and not an email or letter? Interesting. Did the call come in as a spam call? I’ll make sure to answer my phone for numbers I don’t recognize. In any case, thanks a lot. This is very good information. And best of luck to you. Keep us posted.

1 hour ago, DaVon said:

@CocoaMint29 Thank you so much for the update. So, you received a phone call and not an email or letter? Interesting. Did the call come in as a spam call? I’ll make sure to answer my phone for numbers I don’t recognize. In any case, thanks a lot. This is very good information. And best of luck to you. Keep us posted.

The call came from a 347 area code you will see  NYC Transit as the caller. I was just hired for another position with MaBSTOA and declined to go any further with the conductor process.