Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

there is no next class, the test expires next month, its now or never

You need to stop saying that. Youve given wrong info for a while now about these list extensions. Since youve first made the claim that these list were gonna expire over a year ago, hundreds have gotten hired since your original claim. I see u still havent learned not to jump to conclusions. As long as they have a need and no other list has been established to pull from, they can continue to extend the list. FYI, there is a next class. 

2 minutes ago, Jsalcedo718 said:

You need to stop saying that. Youve given wrong info for a while now about these list extensions. Since youve first made the claim that these list were gonna expire over a year ago, hundreds have gotten hired since your original claim. I see u still havent learned not to jump to conclusions. As long as they have a need and no other list has been established to pull from, they can continue to extend the list. FYI, there is a next class. 

I’m glad someone said it , for a whole year I’ve watched your post be nothing but negative & proved wrong so many time ! Enough now 

11 minutes ago, goliver28 said:

It’s okay comrade96. Just make sure you know for sure before you post.

Unfortunately thats the one thing I can never be sure on until the few days or weeks before it hypothetically gets extended again

, hence why I tell people to take the chance while they have it. My comments were meant to be rooted in realism

3 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

Unfortunately thats the one thing I can never be sure on until the few days or weeks before it hypothetically gets extended again

, hence why I tell people to take the chance while they have it. My comments were meant to be rooted in realism

I agree with you though, they will have other classes but they make it seem like there isn’t. For the dec 11 class they made it seem like there wasn’t another class but we all knew it was a Jan class coming up. Some people were asking if they can join the Jan class instead and the lady would try to make them sign a form saying they refuse the job. So I would say you don’t have an option. 

20 hours ago, R0cky said:

Just got an email for medical this Tuesday on Jan 9. The email says I am being considered for the Jan 22 class. If I get hired, I would have to submit my resignation with my current employer that same day or the next day. I Wish I had another week so I can prepare and put in a full 2 weeks notice. Does anyone know if we get an option to join the next class? 

Congrats! If I’m not mistaken you went Dec 12-13 for pre employment. Hopefully they reach out to the Dec 15 ppl. Congrats again and good luck! 

I was going through the email for the medical appointment. Attached there are PDF files of forms (I-9) form, etc. that need to be filled out. Does anyone know if I need to print and fill out the forms before my appointment or do I fill it out on site? The email doesn’t specify. 

3 minutes ago, R0cky said:

I was going through the email for the medical appointment. Attached there are PDF files of forms (I-9) form, etc. that need to be filled out. Does anyone know if I need to print and fill out the forms before my appointment or do I fill it out on site? The email doesn’t specify. 

I just got a phone call as well. I will check my email. It says to report Friday at 6am. I would suggest printing out all the paper work and filling it at home peacefully. So it’s a smooth process. 

12 minutes ago, R0cky said:

Fill it out at home and bring it filled out to your appt. No diff than how u did for pre employment. 

8 minutes ago, Jsalcedo718 said:

Fill it out at home and bring it filled out to your appt. No diff than how u did for pre employment. 

Do you need to be dressed business attire? I just read my email. Geez the amount of paper work that’s needed to be fill out. Omg. 😳 

11 minutes ago, Amir said:

Do you need to be dressed business attire? I just read my email. Geez the amount of paper work that’s needed to be fill out. Omg. 😳 

They want u to come that way but ppl go dressed as they please honestly. Just go with something casual, don't look like u just came from playing basketball or anything. A Polo shirt, some casual jeans is fine.

4 minutes ago, Jsalcedo718 said:

They want u to come that way but ppl go dressed as they please honestly. Just go with something casual, don't look like u just came from playing basketball or anything. A Polo shirt, some casual jeans is fine.

Understood, lmao that’s wild. Good to know. I’ll come dressed well. I’ll make sure to print out the papers tomorrow. I literally saw all the papers. One of them needs to filled out online also I believe. 

5 minutes ago, Amir said:

Understood, lmao that’s wild. Good to know. I’ll come dressed well. I’ll make sure to print out the papers tomorrow. I literally saw all the papers. One of them needs to filled out online also I believe. 

Yea I believe there's a questionnaire u have to do online.

3 hours ago, Amir said:

I just got a phone call as well. I will check my email. It says to report Friday at 6am. I would suggest printing out all the paper work and filling it at home peacefully. So it’s a smooth process. 

Yea fill it out at home it will be much easier because when you get your interviewer you’ll still have more paperwork to fill out.the less you have to fill out the better.Also I do recommend still dressing in business casual even though people was just in street wear.

3 hours ago, Amir said:

It’s best to dress that way but I don’t think they’re really picky. When I was on medical hold I came back on a different day. I was under the impression that I’d just hand in the papers and go back home. I didn’t know I was going to continue the hiring process right then & there. Good thing I had my money order. I wore jeans pants and a regular shirt but nobody said anything to me.

3 hours ago, R0cky said:

It’s better to fill it out at home to save the time from doing it in person. Most likely you could make a mistake or miss something you didn’t fill out. 

4 hours ago, Amir said:

You can do business casual. i went for my last medical in black jeans and a white button down

7 hours ago, R0cky said:

Print and fill out. 

Question for anyone who can answer, I had to take everything over because my 3 months was up, I took the drug test over on 01-05-24, now I have my clearance letter from my sleep study doctor dated 12-27-23, my question is does that letter also has an expiration date that the doctors would not take? Or is it valid for a long time, I’m also prepared to take proof that I’m still using the machine nightly for 4 hours or more 

5 minutes ago, MikeBonds said:

Question for anyone who can answer, I had to take everything over because my 3 months was up, I took the drug test over on 01-05-24, now I have my clearance letter from my sleep study doctor dated 12-27-23, my question is does that letter also has an expiration date that the doctors would not take? Or is it valid for a long time, I’m also prepared to take proof that I’m still using the machine nightly for 4 hours or more 

I would personally bring those papers to 180 as soon as u can. They might be able to slip u into the upcoming class.

4 minutes ago, MikeBonds said:

There’s no expiration date. All they need to see is 30 straight days of at least 4 hours sleep. I had mines dated sometime December of 2021 and in March of 2023 they didn’t require another letter. Print out that sleep therapy report before you go there because they will ask for it.

1 minute ago, goliver28 said:

There’s no expiration date. All they need to see is 30 straight days of at least 4 hours sleep. I had mines dated sometime December of 2021 and in March of 2023 they didn’t require another letter. Print out that sleep therapy report before you go there because they will ask for it.

1 minute ago, goliver28 said:

Thanks for the info! I actually went down there on the 5th with the paperwork and they told me that everything was expired but I was able to be put back on and take the drug test the same day, now I’m waiting to get called for the medical to give the doctors the paperwork