(7) equipment moves?

Xfer2Nowhere

I don't know if you'd consider this a n00b question or not, but seeing how the Flushing Line does not seem to have any track connections to the IRT mainlines (or any line but the Astoria for that matter), what is the routing for equipment moved between the Flushing Line and the mainlines (R62A transfers to the  (6), TOMC, etc.)?

I don't know if you'd consider this a n00b question or not, but seeing how the Flushing Line does not seem to have any track connections to the IRT mainlines (or any line but the Astoria for that matter), what is the routing for equipment moved between the Flushing Line and the mainlines (R62A transfers to the  (6), TOMC, etc.)?

This should have gone in the random thoughts thread tbh... but anyways...

My assumption is that they do switch to the Astoria line, then make their way to Coney Island, or Concourse on the (D), then switch over to the IRT from there.

Well usually when the R62As make the transfer from Corona to Westchester in the Bronx, the trains go down Queensboro Plz and crossover to the Flushing-bound side. Afterwards, it crosses over to the Astoria line where then it diverges to the M track outside Queenboro then they proceed back downtown on the line under the river into Manhattan, down the BMT Broadway line towards crossing the Manhattan Bridge into Brooklyn.

Then after, it diverges to (B)(D) track towards the 6th Avenue line were it goes back up and continues all north to the Bronx Concorse yard junction. Finally, it transfers onto the elevated Jerome line were it goes down all the way 125th St junction. Lastly, it makes its final transfer onto the (6) Pelham line track were it makes it's trip north towards Westchester Yard destination. 

As far as the TOMC or any other equipment, I don't have much knowledge on those transfers cause they can come from various yards or facilities.

As far as the TOMC or any other equipment, I don't have much knowledge on those transfers cause they can come from various yards or facilities.

The TOMC is a similar route, except, after 125th Street of Central Park West, the train goes via the (A) line to the 207th Street Yard.

Once the train is in the yard, they inspect it and then the necessary museum cars (eg R33WF 9306) will be taken back down to the museum.

Example:

(the video is not mine)

Archived