Will we ever see those Select Bus Service facts?

BrooklynBus

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I didn't read that part, but still dosen't really change the fact that even f it's low, fare evasion will still happen in those areas one way or another.

There will be some fare evasion. The sky is blue. Water is wet. This is kind of a pointless statement since even with Metrocards and HETs you can't get to 100%, and the cost of getting the few remaining people rises exponentially as fare evasion rates go lower.

Even Jamaica will not be particularly terrible; the sections of Jamaica it travels through are not particularly awful, and people pay the fare even though three-door artics provide a pretty good opportunity to farebeat.

Well I will say there was some fare evasion as I am riding the Q44 now. There was even a group of friends that, I'll put it like this, "shared" a ticket while they were finding each other at different stops. This was in the section between Jamaica and Flushing. I will say that fare evasion is higher between the hubs rather than at the hubs.

There will be some fare evasion. The sky is blue. Water is wet. This is kind of a pointless statement since even with Metrocards and HETs you can't get to 100%, and the cost of getting the few remaining people rises exponentially as fare evasion rates go lower.

Even Jamaica will not be particularly terrible; the sections of Jamaica it travels through are not particularly awful, and people pay the fare even though three-door artics provide a pretty good opportunity to farebeat.

Most of Queens that the Q44 goes through isn't ghetto like most of the Bronx is.  The Bronx has to have the highest farebeating, followed by either Brooklyn or Staten Island. Staten Island has local buses that go through some really poor areas where housing projects are which accounts for most of the farebeating and Brooklyn has some spots too like East New York and Brownsville I would imagine.  In contrast Queens has upper middle to upper class areas which has next to no farebeating, similar to what you find in say Riverdale, which is also an upper middle to upper class neighborhood in the city.

Most of Queens that the Q44 goes through isn't ghetto like most of the Bronx is. The Bronx has to have the highest farebeating, followed by either Brooklyn or Staten Island. Staten Island has local buses that go through some really poor areas where housing projects are which accounts for most of the farebeating and Brooklyn has some spots too like East New York and Brownsville I would imagine. In contrast Queens has upper middle to upper class areas which has next to no farebeating, similar to what you find in say Riverdale, which is also an upper middle to upper class neighborhood in the city.

I agree with your statement. There are like a few dozen fare evaders that I encountered in one trip while on the Q44, I saw less than a dosen on one trip.

Archived