Old Motorman equipment

Sal151

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if there's a website anywhere that shows what the old train operator equipment used to look like? 

Im specifically interested in the old motorman brake handles. Im curious to see what they looked like in the 1920s, 30s, 40, ect. 

Thanks

Actually no....

We are issued the composite handles this day and age, before that were the metal ones with the thick red grip, before that there were the metal handles with the skinny red grip, before that (i think 60s and 70s) there were the  blue chrome metal handles. Im trying to find out what they looked like before the 60s, 50s, 40s, ect.

Are cast-iron handles still allowed for operating or is everyone forced to use that new composite garbage?

I heard rumors of the old handles being taken from T/Os, but there is no rule saying they can't be used.

I heard rumors of the old handles being taken from T/Os, but there is no rule saying they can't be used.

They tried to take my old handles but I refused to give mine up. Still got 'em  Went to the barn at Livonia and got 2 of the lightweights without a signature. My collection looks like the picture you posted plus my key collection is intact.

I deliberately went out of my way to find a TSS at a location who exchanged them, some time ago, when they were only in certain places. Didn;t make sense to be carrying the weight around, and I hardly even use it, being I'm dealing almost entirely with 160's. (only doing the (J) on some holidays now).

• 1 month later...

Archived