New Substation at Maspeth Avenue / Humboldt Street Project to increase L capacity

Union Tpke

I thought the L was already running at capacity?

The (L) currently runs about 19TPH, but with additional power upgrades can run up to 26TPH.

They have run more TPH in the past (Williamsburg Bridge shutdown), but I would imagine that they want the power upgrades so that they can run more trains while keeping the wear and tear on the power supply the same.

The (L) runs approximately 20 tph west of Myrtle Ave during the peak. The theoretical limit is 26 tph, but that requires more cars, more substations and improved capacity at the 8th Ave terminal. Building the substation and the additional improvements at 1 Ave and Bedford Ave will increase capacity to 22 tph.

The (L) currently runs about 19TPH, but with additional power upgrades can run up to 26TPH.

They have run more TPH in the past (Williamsburg Bridge shutdown), but I would imagine that they want the power upgrades so that they can run more trains while keeping the wear and tear on the power supply the same.

The (L) runs approximately 20 tph west of Myrtle Ave during the peak. The theoretical limit is 26 tph, but that requires more cars, more substations and improved capacity at the 8th Ave terminal. Building the substation and the additional improvements at 1 Ave and Bedford Ave will increase capacity to 22 tph.

That's really interesting!

13233027_10206701986813257_8537188149277

Like I said, I go past there all the time.

I fully expect public comments like:

• “build it somewhere else”
  • “not in my neighborhood”
  • “save your construction for the weekends”
  • “don’t shut down the Manhattan section”

Archived