Countdown Clocks on the Astoria Line

They're gonna get one as part of that Cuomo deal.

Good to hear... I just hope they don't skimp.... Seems like just about every outdoor station that has been rehabbed has really only received half of a rehab, which I find annoying.  There should be enough money to redo the entire station, not just portions of it.  Noticed that at several outdoor (1) train stations...

Good to hear... I just hope they don't skimp.... Seems like just about every outdoor station that has been rehabbed has really only received half of a rehab, which I find annoying. There should be enough money to redo the entire station, not just portions of it. Noticed that at several outdoor (1) train stations...

Hopefully is under station renewal in which work is done on the whole station as oppose to (half-assed) station component repair which is what they did on several of the outdoor stations on the (1). The stations on the (7) can use some real attention as well once CBTC goes online.

The majority of them are used to tell the time and to make  announcements about service changes. And i doubt seeing countdown clocks there anytime soon

Some stations on the (D) and (N) are supposed to get countdown clocks (or at least have the ability to transmit live data online) relatively soon. I'm not sure how soon it will be, but the trackside infrastructure is already in place on a couple of B division segments. They've been testing the Concourse line for quite some time now.

Archived