ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, underground traveler said:

Hun if you did pre employment in April and havent heard back since. I would reach out to them because your drug test has expired and you need to do it again

Believe me I have been trying the number employment center number but the phone rings endlessly.

51 minutes ago, FilippoSironi said:

I would think so. There were a few people in my induction that were reinstated after they postponed taking the job, and after they were reinstated they were put in the next class. 

Thanks so much for the info. Let me ask if you’ve heard this scenario before and if you have any info on this. If you’ve done the hiring process already, gotten the job, then had to resign for whatever reason, but still were able to be reinstated to the list to be hired again, would you have to go through the application process, would you have to go through finger prints again if it’s all in the same year? I know medical and drug test would def have to be completed again but hoping I don’t have to deal with the application or finger prints as I’ve actually done it twice already in the past year. 

7 minutes ago, Ovopassion said:

My number is #40xx on the lower half . I did pre employment in April and ain’t here nothing back .When did you do p/E

You have to call them. When you didn't bring in your diploma you were probably skipped

@Ovopassion I would call or go one day to Livingston in person. I’ve been to a P/E early June and my 2nd P/E late July. You’ve been once and it was in April. Your drug test expired. They should have reached out to you by now for medical or another P/E date to have your updated drug test 

@Kashmulla I HOPE ur right. I really do. What source you got this from ? Or just a guess? lol maybe we will be in the September class. I’m just getting confused on how it works cause 40** is getting called for medical right now and I’m 47** so I’m thinking it’s going to be a few more months but I just went and did my 2nd P/E a few days ago. Maybe a lot of people quit and failed drug test etc etc . I’m confused man but I hope so 

48 minutes ago, Ovopassion said:

My number is #40xx on the lower half . I did pre employment in April and ain’t here nothing back .When did you do p/E

I done P/e twice already 6/2 and 7/26 I’m 47XX so they gotta start calling us soon for medical 

38 minutes ago, TCart said:

@Kashmulla I HOPE ur right. I really do. What source you got this from ? Or just a guess? lol maybe we will be in the September class. I’m just getting confused on how it works cause 40** is getting called for medical right now and I’m 47** so I’m thinking it’s going to be a few more months but I just went and did my 2nd P/E a few days ago. Maybe a lot of people quit and failed drug test etc etc . I’m confused man but I hope so 

I’m just guessing at this point I know for sure they gotta call for medical before this year is up I’m 47XX as well so if I get called they gotta call you too. but I’ll keep every1 posted if I get a medical call /email.. I really believe they trying to catch people with a failed drug test at this point is what I gathered from the short dude that was calling people for drug testing my first time I went for P/E back in June 

@Kashmulla yea I don’t think they would have us do P/E twice in 2 months without us being close to call for medical. That would make no since at all. If we so far from being called for medical that means we would do P/E at least 2 more times. So fingers crossed hopefully in a few weeks. I’ll also keep everyone posted when my medical email comes. 

14 hours ago, trackerjack said:

i wished more folks quit.  so i can get outta XX hell faster.  but if more newbies quit, that won't help newbies like me since the senority numbers won't really change

Today's the last day to submit for the second vacancy bid. Put anything in there.

8 hours ago, JDS1057 said:

Thanks so much for the info. Let me ask if you’ve heard this scenario before and if you have any info on this. If you’ve done the hiring process already, gotten the job, then had to resign for whatever reason, but still were able to be reinstated to the list to be hired again, would you have to go through the application process, would you have to go through finger prints again if it’s all in the same year? I know medical and drug test would def have to be completed again but hoping I don’t have to deal with the application or finger prints as I’ve actually done it twice already in the past year. 

I don't know anybody who has done that so I'm not sure sorry.  You already got the job twice this last year?

Edited by FilippoSironi

5 hours ago, FilippoSironi said:

I don't know anybody who has done that so I'm not sure sorry.  You already got the job twice this last year?

Lol yea, I’m a special case lol. Initially got in as conductor last summer, finished that school car, then got called for TO couple months later, finished that schoolcar, a month in my old job called me back with a sign on bonus for a couple months. Someone at transit told me it’s better to resign at that moment than try to get away with doing both jobs, cuz I could have gotten in trouble and terminated for it. I resigned the proper way and So to get put back on the list if you don’t mind re-doing schoolcar, which I don’t mind at all, after I was done at my old job collecting that extra bonus was worth it for me. So now just hoping they call me before the list expires. But I already got confirmation my list number was reinstated and plus I reached out to Olha again, So just the waiting game again lol 

3 hours ago, JDS1057 said:

Lol yea, I’m a special case lol. Initially got in as conductor last summer, finished that school car, then got called for TO couple months later, finished that schoolcar, a month in my old job called me back with a sign on bonus for a couple months. Someone at transit told me it’s better to resign at that moment than try to get away with doing both jobs, cuz I could have gotten in trouble and terminated for it. I resigned the proper way and So to get put back on the list if you don’t mind re-doing schoolcar, which I don’t mind at all, after I was done at my old job collecting that extra bonus was worth it for me. So now just hoping they call me before the list expires. But I already got confirmation my list number was reinstated and plus I reached out to Olha again, So just the waiting game again lol 

i would have just kept working ur old job or something new.  a lot of folks who loves XX are masochists

On 7/29/2022 at 12:09 AM, thegameksk said:

How bad has it been for you?

bad enough that i'm sleep deprived most of the days of the week and (s)crew office loves to torture because they get off on that....i heard 2 are quitting from a previous class for personal/family reasons.  i can relate.  i'm sure there are secrets / tactics i can do to make XX easier.....bribe??? but....i'm not too sure.  they might just be urban legends