ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

4 minutes ago, ealfinez said:

Just got my email on 7/15 reported for pre employment screening and drug testing 7/29 I would imagine it will be late winter before i'm in School car. Good luck to everyone but remember SINGALS SIGNALS SIGNALS... there are about 75 of them but you need to score 100% on that final!!!!! Hoping for some speed on this!

Signals are 100% but they aren't as hard compared to NJT, LIRR or MetroNorth signals thankfully. As long as everybody studies in this forum they'll pass with flying colors. Pay attention, ask questions (there's no stupid questions at all you need to understand what's going on), and study study study. 

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Signals are 100% but they aren't as hard compared to NJT, LIRR or MetroNorth signals thankfully. As long as everybody studies in this forum they'll pass with flying colors. Pay attention, ask questions (there's no stupid questions at all you need to understand what's going on), and study study study. 

Wouldn’t you know 😊

9 hours ago, TO22 said:

Wow I’m wondering if i should just bring in that i had a sleep study already and i have a mild case….or will i still be on hold even with that letter.

dont worry. i mean i got hired. you should see me and my gut.  jesus...... trying to lose weight. it's tough, but need to do it for health reasons.   i don't even need to use my hands for the MC.  i let my gut handle the operations B-)

Edited by trackerjack
typo

23 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

dont worry. i mean i got hired. you should see me and my gut.  jesus...... trying to lose weight. it's tough, but need to do it for health reasons.   i don't even need to use my hands for the MC.  i let my gut handle the operations B-)

Lol so how did your medical go? I can definitely stand to lose a few pounds lol my neck is a half inch over the limit smh

4 hours ago, TO22 said:

Lol so how did your medical go? I can definitely stand to lose a few pounds lol my neck is a half inch over the limit smh

can you lose it before your medical? if not....just go in and hope for the best.  see what the doc says.  sleep study might be in order.  but just do it...and it will clear you

i passed my medical. but being XX is taking a toll on my health.  

Nope it’s tomorrow lol. I’m going to bring my letter they can’t make me do another and it’s mild. I’m not sure if they’ll want 30 days of readings for a mild case but we will certainly see. I’m just staying positive.

On 8/2/2022 at 1:25 PM, Schecter said:

I wouldn't know but I feel you... and yes, pay attention.... I'm hopefully going to get to school car in the late winter as I know this hiring process is LONG so...

On 8/2/2022 at 1:25 PM, TCart said:

@ealfinez what’s your list number ? And I’m thinking early/late winter as well. But the sooner the better 

I'm list #4881... didn't think I'd get called at all even with COVID retirements etc but hey, I got called now hopefully 2nd step coming. I know my urine etc is good.... so I'm just hopeful for NO SNAGS. I'm thinking late winter

On 8/2/2022 at 7:24 PM, trackerjack said:

If your serious about losing weight and can be disciplined start intermittent fasting and eat at a calorie deficit. if anyones interested reach out and I'll give you a full scoop. it will reset your organs and you'll start feeling the difference inside of a few weeks BUT you have to be DISCIPLINED. week 1 will suck a bit BUT after that you'll find you groove and be on a better path

Beginning to feel discouraged. I went for pre employment once in April .Have not received and email back yet should I just give up waited 7 years for this opportunity and not looking forward to telling my dad they didn’t accept me I don’t know what to do my name is still on the dcas list and no number I call can tell me about my specific case .Do they notify they tossed your application because I need to begin looking for another opportunity. List number 405*  .Any last minute suggestions 

1 minute ago, TCart said:

@Ovopassion I suggest you go to 180 ASAP and explain your situation to them in person and I’m pretty sure someone can help you. If you serious about getting the job go down there. 

I would love too but yesterday I was hit by a car and suffered a fractured foot so I’m on my ass for a couple of months .Life is just beating my ass .I’m gonna try to make my way there

Just now, TCart said:

@ealfinez ok so Friday July 29th was your P/E (Pre Employment) date ? Correct ? Or this Friday August 5th ? Is what I’m asking 

My bad, yeah I went the 29th and did the P/E... they said and it was posted 3 to 90 days for a call back notification email. so I'm waiting... trust with a list # of 4881 5yrs ago I took that and tossed it and forgot about it. Then COVID hit and loads retired or past (rip) I have a few of my people in TO's and TSS's.... and they told me your in...they notified you. give them everything I'm no dirty urine guy... no violent past etc...so I'm hoping I get called unlike Sanitation, scored a 104 and didn't get the call and those people gave me the run around and I have a CDL class B...so I'm hoping I get my call

@ealfinez yea I understand why you would be so excited. With a job opportunity like this anyone would especially without a college degree or even with a degree and not making good money in your career field it’s a great opportunity with great benefits. But good luck with everything. I’ve been to 2 P/Es so far so don’t get upset if they email yu again to come in for da same thing yu came in for the 1st time. We all just being patient and hoping for the best right now. They will contact us. 

9 minutes ago, TCart said:

@ealfinez yea I understand why you would be so excited. With a job opportunity like this anyone would especially without a college degree or even with a degree and not making good money in your career field it’s a great opportunity with great benefits. But good luck with everything. I’ve been to 2 P/Es so far so don’t get upset if they email yu again to come in for da same thing yu came in for the 1st time. We all just being patient and hoping for the best right now. They will contact us. 

OHHH NA... I understand this is a PROCESS and thankfully I have people who are in that are giving me and understanding so if I Gotta do this 5 times, it's whatever. The goal is to get that appointment to the little room where your sworn in, period