ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ealfinez said:

will I get removed? or will they move me to be monitored or? 

if ur neck is big they will just tell you to come back.....with ur personal doctor's note saying "here are the results to the sleep test".  i think u can have a big neck and NOT get sleep apnea....that's what they wanna see.  ask around!  i think this was the process

Just now, trackerjack said:

if ur neck is big they will just tell you to come back.....with ur personal doctor's note saying "here are the results to the sleep test".  i think u can have a big neck and NOT get sleep apnea....that's what they wanna see.  ask around!  i think this was the process

I came here looking for answers but nothing clear... I paid for the study and I have a mild case... but nothing else... my other test are all good...

3 hours ago, train1290 said:

These Superintendents act like they're god, please.... like they're on a throne. Its ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, theres a few Superintendents that are good and human, but the rest are the worst. They act they're higher and almighty than everyone else!

I’m aware of that 21 years down here I have run across my share.. Yet my point stands.. 

14 minutes ago, Amonroe90 said:

Any tips on decreasing your neck size ? If there is any lol 

loose weight the only real way.   but that's nearly impossible for some like me.  trust me i know!!
i'm still surprised i got hired even though i can't really fit sitting in the cab seat due to my gut size.  

peanut butter works wonders.....kills hunger yet gives u nice protein, power bars helps.  even those nutrition protein bars.....it's convenient too, just grab 1-2 and put them in your bag.
walk / jog / run if you can.  but it's extremely hard to put that in your schedule if you have a life/family along with your abusive days as an XX.
There are some youtube channels where they have work out programs just using your own body weight.  I try those and it felt great, but i fell off the horse and need to get back on that

if you can walk home......try it.....but if you have to drive home....then you can't do that unfortunately.  
hit the Gym....those box gyms are so cheap and maybe you can join a class.  the motivation with a group will help and it's more fun doing it with others.
in some crew rooms there are "gyms", just bench presses and free weights, some TOs would work out in between trips or at the end of their shift.

3 hours ago, Haj said:

Just want to thank everyone on the forum for keeping this going for so long. Just got my Final Processing email for Nov18. Next class is Dec28 

Did you just get an email? Or did they call you as well with the date that your supposed to come in? Waiting patiently! 🤷🏻‍♂️Did my pre employment sep 19 list #55XX Thanks 🙏 

Hi guys I have a quick question, so a month ago I got 2 tickets for traffic riding on my bike (electric) I wasn’t speeding but a cop pulled me over he said I got one ticket for 190 and then when I go and check I got 2 tickets never stated the second. So my question is I was supposed to go to the hearing as a pleaded not guilty for November 4 but was rescheduled for march 2023. I got the call from MTA to come in 2 weeks ago and it’s this week the 17th. Should I just wait to go to the hearing or just pay them it’s almost 500 dollars. Will they not take me or consider me. Will they tell me to leave until I take care of this traffics violations ?

11 hours ago, Frontdeskguy said:

Hi guys I have a quick question, so a month ago I got 2 tickets for traffic riding on my bike (electric) I wasn’t speeding but a cop pulled me over he said I got one ticket for 190 and then when I go and check I got 2 tickets never stated the second. So my question is I was supposed to go to the hearing as a pleaded not guilty for November 4 but was rescheduled for march 2023. I got the call from MTA to come in 2 weeks ago and it’s this week the 17th. Should I just wait to go to the hearing or just pay them it’s almost 500 dollars. Will they not take me or consider me. Will they tell me to leave until I take care of this traffics violations ?

From what I heard, make sure you’ve taken care any violations that you have outstanding. They will not hire you if you have any outstanding violations. 

20 minutes ago, JK1130 said:

T.O! Can you tell me how did you study your signals?
Its so much pressure that if you get wrong 1 signal exam you out of T.O.

no you don't get fired if you get it wrong.  like i keep saying. just get the definitions 80-90% correct.  and you will be fine. Trust me.  the final exam/signals final is a joke.
if you study your flashcards everyday, you will pass.  if you are still having trouble memorizing and understanding it after a few weeks, then the way you're studying isn't working. 
you have to find what works for you.  think about back to your HS/college days.....it's all memorization.  

56 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

no you don't get fired if you get it wrong.  

I’m going to disagree. Yes, you get a chance to clarify the meaning to a superintendent if you don’t put down the correct wording on the test. However; saying they won’t get fired if they get it wrong is incorrect. I have people in my induction that got termed because they got signals wrong on the test, and then got it wrong again when asked to clarify verbally to the Supt.

Yea u don't get immediately fired, but u will have to explain yourself and if u explain yourself wrong u will be fired. So best not to have to go through nervously explaining yourself to a superintendent and just get it right in the first place so they don't have to question u.

9 minutes ago, beanz said:

Yea u don't get immediately fired, but u will have to explain yourself and if u explain yourself wrong u will be fired. So best not to have to go through nervously explaining yourself to a superintendent and just get it right in the first place so they don't have to question u.

16 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

I’m going to disagree. Yes, you get a chance to clarify the meaning to a superintendent if you don’t put down the correct wording on the test. However; saying they won’t get fired if they get it wrong is incorrect. I have people in my induction that got termed because they got signals wrong on the test, and then got it wrong again when asked to clarify verbally to the Supt.

1 hour ago, trackerjack said:

no you don't get fired if you get it wrong.  like i keep saying. just get the definitions 80-90% correct.  and you will be fine. Trust me.  the final exam/signals final is a joke.
if you study your flashcards everyday, you will pass.  if you are still having trouble memorizing and understanding it after a few weeks, then the way you're studying isn't working. 
you have to find what works for you.  think about back to your HS/college days.....it's all memorization.  

I understand 60-70% signals meaning and how to follow.  TSS keep saying we need to write word to word definition in written test. Thats the problem i,m having right now. some of signals have like long paragraph and right now for some reason i can not memorize them. yesterday i memorized restricted speed and extreme caution 6 points definition. 

29 minutes ago, JK1130 said:

I understand 60-70% signals meaning and how to follow.  TSS keep saying we need to write word to word definition in written test. Thats the problem i,m having right now. some of signals have like long paragraph and right now for some reason i can not memorize them. yesterday i memorized restricted speed and extreme caution 6 points definition. 

Just remember to study them everyday from beginning of schoolcar to end. You’ll be fine if you do that.