ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

On 5/23/2023 at 10:34 AM, kev2112 said:

It’s in one of the first columns. Certification number

Hi, could you tell me if im checking the right place? on the civil service list the my number is 88xx with the expiration date for 9/19/2023. I checked the dcas list (atleast i think i did) and my name is there about 9 times, Cert seq # is 4026 but i see the date range was 3/2023-4/2023. Super confused on how to approach this, do i need to call someone about my list number? Should I be reinstating? Any info is greatly appreciated!

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, ctraverzo1113 said:

Hi, could you tell me if im checking the right place? on the civil service list the my number is 88xx with the expiration date for 9/19/2023. I checked the dcas list (atleast i think i did) and my name is there about 9 times, Cert seq # is 4026 but i see the date range was 3/2023-4/2023. Super confused on how to approach this, do i need to call someone about my list number? Should I be reinstating? Any info is greatly appreciated!

No, you have to wait for your turn. Seems last hired was around #64XX. You'll know when Transit notifies you. So make sure your information is up to date.

Edited by Jericho

3 minutes ago, ctraverzo1113 said:

yea i get that part - im more concerned if the list is going to expire and i wont ever "get a turn"

Seems like Transit is going through at least 500+ people for every class of 50 trainees and there's going to be one per month until December, so you might be at the tail end of it.

On 7/10/2023 at 6:20 PM, Jericho said:

No, you have to wait for your turn. Seems last hired was around #64XX. You'll know when Transit notifies you. So make sure your information is up to date.

Crazy cause i was put on medical hold, got it cleared up had to get back on the list. Which they put me on 5/18/2023-6/23/2023 that list still showing in DCAS haven't heard anything yet my list number is in 4xxx cert number is in 170s. I'm about to give up at this point if it happens it happens.

7 minutes ago, Robert T said:

Crazy cause i was put on medical hold, got it cleared up had to get back on the list. Which they put me on 5/18/2023-6/23/2023 that list still showing in DCAS haven't heard anything yet my list number is in 4xxx cert number is in 170s. I'm about to give up at this point if it happens it happens.

If I were you, I'd contact DCAS to put yourself back on the list again. It kind of sounds like Transit messed up and forgot to notify you and the other person who  had this issue to come in.

Edit: Though frankly, I'd go in person and ask them what the hell is going on.

Edited by Jericho

4 minutes ago, Jericho said:

If I were you, I'd contact DCAS to put yourself back on the list again. It kind of sounds like Transit messed up and forgot to notify you and the other person who  had this issue to come in.

Do you know how to get in touch with a live person, because I called the automated number and it said i was on the list with and wasn't on an outstanding certification.

7 minutes ago, Robert T said:

Do you know how to get in touch with a live person, because I called the automated number and it said i was on the list with and wasn't on an outstanding certification.

You can try this number: Ms. Olha 347 643 8217

43 minutes ago, Jericho said:

You can try this number: Ms. Olha 347 643 8217

Is she DCAS or MTA, I just sent an email to HR MTA. Just noticed what you said about going down there, sounds like a good idea I'll go down to there tomorrow.

Edited by Robert T

11 hours ago, Daren646 said:

My friend just got hired. Cant make this class any news on the class after?

There are classes supposedly scheduled every month until Nov. Dec. This months class starts Monday the 24th. The next months class start date is usually announced within two weeks after the current months class begins. 

Hello, I took train Conductor #7604 back in 2016, and I honestly lost hope I got a letter in the mail like in 2017 telling me my placement and score on the test and that they would call me within the year, but never got that call up until today 07/26/2023, 8 years LATER, which I am definitely not complaining about, it's just funny how I was randomly called 8 years later and I am so thankful. Now here is my dilemma, They schedule me to come in for Tuesday 08/01/2023 to start the pre-employment process, However, I work full-time Monday - Friday Full time, and they literally schedule me to come in for pre-employment next week, again not complain I am so thankful but that does not give me much time to plan in accordance with my job so I can take the day off. It stated in the email I received that I am allowed to reschedule this appointment, which I was so happy about. 

I received an appointment date for the pre-employment process for Train Operator-Exam 7604, which is scheduled for Tuesday, 08/01/2023, at 6:30 am. While I am thrilled about the opportunity,  will be unable to attend on that specific date and time due to a prior commitment (my current job)

To reschedule the pre-employment exam, I diligently followed the instructions provided in the email and attempted to reach out via the contact number 347-643-8213. However, this number directed me to the voicemail line of the High-Pressure Plant tender exam, # 9033, instead of the Train Operator exam 7604. Despite this, I left my information and request for a callback, but I'm unsure if this was the correct number to reach the relevant department.

As I am truly enthusiastic about the Train Operator position, I also attempted to call the alternate number 347-643-7413 to verify if it was the right contact. Unfortunately, my efforts were in vain as there was no response or voicemail available.

Considering the importance of this opportunity, I am reaching out to anyone on this thread and seeking your guidance. I want to ensure my message reaches the correct person and that I can reschedule the pre-employment exam at the earliest convenience.

Could someone please advise on the appropriate steps I should take? I am eager to start the pre-employment process 

Also now, my 2nd dilemma. I have a medical marijuana card and have been smoking for about a month although it is legal in NY state, not Federal. I have been smoking for the past month so if I were to take this pre-employment screening which is scheduled for next week, I would probably end up failing the drug test for marijuana and only marijuana. So that is my concern if you test positive for marijuana does that automatically disqualify you? Do they drug test you the same day you do your pre-employment screening? That is one of the reasons why i would also like to reschedule not only because I work during that day and conflicts with my work schedule but so I can detox and clean my body. Again it's only marijuana that I have done, I do not even drink liquor or beer. 

Last question, my license was suspended for about a year, and it is no longer under suspension well I guess it is. because I still have to pay about 3k in tickets to get my license back once I do that I am set. I plan on paying my tickets at the end of this month but would having a suspended license disqualify you, or not even be suspended but Just need to pay off tickets? 

I understand that it may seem like I have a lot going on, but I want to assure you that I am a responsible individual. I just want to emphasize that I took the Train conductor exam in 2016 and didn't expect to be called back, especially not 8 years later when I find myself in the midst of other responsibilities. If they had called me back earlier, I would have had my affairs in order and been ready to start the pre-employment screening. However, life happened in between those years, and now I am determined to pursue this opportunity.

1 hour ago, Uptown360 said:

Hello, I took train Conductor #7604 back in 2016, and I honestly lost hope I got a letter in the mail like in 2017 telling me my placement and score on the test and that they would call me within the year, but never got that call up until today 07/26/2023, 8 years LATER, which I am definitely not complaining about, it's just funny how I was randomly called 8 years later and I am so thankful. Now here is my dilemma, They schedule me to come in for Tuesday 08/01/2023 to start the pre-employment process, However, I work full-time Monday - Friday Full time, and they literally schedule me to come in for pre-employment next week, again not complain I am so thankful but that does not give me much time to plan in accordance with my job so I can take the day off. It stated in the email I received that I am allowed to reschedule this appointment, which I was so happy about. 

I received an appointment date for the pre-employment process for Train Operator-Exam 7604, which is scheduled for Tuesday, 08/01/2023, at 6:30 am. While I am thrilled about the opportunity,  will be unable to attend on that specific date and time due to a prior commitment (my current job)

To reschedule the pre-employment exam, I diligently followed the instructions provided in the email and attempted to reach out via the contact number 347-643-8213. However, this number directed me to the voicemail line of the High-Pressure Plant tender exam, # 9033, instead of the Train Operator exam 7604. Despite this, I left my information and request for a callback, but I'm unsure if this was the correct number to reach the relevant department.

As I am truly enthusiastic about the Train Operator position, I also attempted to call the alternate number 347-643-7413 to verify if it was the right contact. Unfortunately, my efforts were in vain as there was no response or voicemail available.

Considering the importance of this opportunity, I am reaching out to anyone on this thread and seeking your guidance. I want to ensure my message reaches the correct person and that I can reschedule the pre-employment exam at the earliest convenience.

Could someone please advise on the appropriate steps I should take? I am eager to start the pre-employment process 

Also now, my 2nd dilemma. I have a medical marijuana card and have been smoking for about a month although it is legal in NY state, not Federal. I have been smoking for the past month so if I were to take this pre-employment screening which is scheduled for next week, I would probably end up failing the drug test for marijuana and only marijuana. So that is my concern if you test positive for marijuana does that automatically disqualify you? Do they drug test you the same day you do your pre-employment screening? That is one of the reasons why i would also like to reschedule not only because I work during that day and conflicts with my work schedule but so I can detox and clean my body. Again it's only marijuana that I have done, I do not even drink liquor or beer. 

Last question, my license was suspended for about a year, and it is no longer under suspension well I guess it is. because I still have to pay about 3k in tickets to get my license back once I do that I am set. I plan on paying my tickets at the end of this month but would having a suspended license disqualify you, or not even be suspended but Just need to pay off tickets? 

I understand that it may seem like I have a lot going on, but I want to assure you that I am a responsible individual. I just want to emphasize that I took the Train conductor exam in 2016 and didn't expect to be called back, especially not 8 years later when I find myself in the midst of other responsibilities. If they had called me back earlier, I would have had my affairs in order and been ready to start the pre-employment screening. However, life happened in between those years, and now I am determined to pursue this opportunity.

Out of curiosity what was your list number? I’m in the same situation regarding losing hope. I just emailed and got a very basic response saying they’re calling and hiring people but the list has to be current if called. The list expires in September so if I don’t get called by then I’m screwed? I’m literally 1900 numbers away!!! 

1 hour ago, Uptown360 said:

It will help to know what your list number is (12XXX?).

Anyway, you can try calling Ms. Olha at 347 643 8217. You will need to pay off the tickets and have a valid driver license. So you might as well reschedule your appointment a month or so away so you can square that out and have the marijuana leave your system. The pre-employment is when they go over your forms and documents and the drug test.

Lastly, this is for the title of train operator. You will actually be moving the train. The conductor operates the side doors.

49 minutes ago, Jay gutierrez said:

Question, are we allowed to use our phones during the medical while we wait all those hours?

While in the waiting section, u can, just as long as you have it on silent. When they call u up, just don't go to the desk with it in your hand.

2 minutes ago, Jay gutierrez said:

I am also curious to know if we have to bring the money order with us already or will they allow us to step outside to buy the money for the finger prints? And how much? Thank you

Bring the money order with you. The amount will be in the email they send you when they tell you to come in for medical.