ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/27/2023 at 2:06 PM, Uptown360 said:

Any other recommendations? I just received a pre-employment screening and though it doesn't guarantee me the job, it's an opportunity I can't let slip by. I've spent my whole life trying to get into unions, but it never worked out. Everyone I talked to said they had family connections. So, the fact that I have a chance to become a Train Operator with the MTA is a blessing. I want to do everything I can to secure the job because I know it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I'm ready for the lifestyle that comes with being a train conductor, including long nights and working holidays. I am prepared for it all. I just need to make this work, with God's help. I cant let this opportunity slip from my hands I will do everything that I can in MY power to get the job, and also pray to the Man up Above.

READ YOUR BOOK/INDUCTION.... KNOW IT, those books are the key to the job, if your know the material, you'll pass. 

Hey guys so I have a pre-employment screening scheduled for tomorrow Tuesday, August the 1st at 6:30 AM. I only received an invitation to this employee prescreening last week via email, and a few phone calls from an automated message machine stating that I had been invited to come in to start pre-employment screening. I however cannot make it tomorrow. When I received the invitation for prescreening, it was too short of notice to just be able to take off like that from my current job. So I called the # the provided in email to reschedule at least 3x but still no phone call was returned, I am worried because the number I called was for the High-pressure plant tender line, even though I am calling the number MTA provided in the email!  so is the right department even getting my message??. My question is to the people who had to reschedule their pre-screening appointment, does this actually hinder your chances of employment? I say this because in a way you are delaying the start of your employment with the MTA, but I have a job right now that I have been committed to. I lost hope after I took the test and I didn't hear back from them after 5 years from taking the test but they called me back 8 years later lol not complaining though. But I also cannot just drop all the responsibilities I have at my current job to go and start this pre-screening for employment for the MTA, although I would love to and I am so frickin happy they did finally reach out when I thought they never were going to.  So for the people who had to reschedule their pre-screening appointments. How long did it take before they actually called you back just to reschedule? and how far out/close are they willing to reschedule too?

On 7/28/2023 at 12:10 AM, Maschine Bob said:

Somebody involved in the union told me close to 500 train operators are retiring this year, anyone else hear this? 

I been hearing about this mass retirement since I got here but with these cushy senior man jobs these old f**kers just won't leave 😂

Nah but in all seriousness I have heard the same thing but idk if it's all in 1 year. I heard over the course of the next 5 years as people hit their retirement age along with service time there should be a ton of movement in all titles. Here's hoping 🤞

14 hours ago, beanz said:

I been hearing about this mass retirement since I got here but with these cushy senior man jobs these old f**kers just won't leave 😂

Nah but in all seriousness I have heard the same thing but idk if it's all in 1 year. I heard over the course of the next 5 years as people hit their retirement age along with service time there should be a ton of movement in all titles. Here's hoping 🤞

That's because you over in toy train land there's no movement i cant even get a good switching job with my file number..

Over here in the B Div folks are leaving...

As for the next five years?

Sounds about right most of my classmates will be gone..

Me included god willing...

6 hours ago, RTOMan said:

That's because you over in toy train land there's no movement i cant even get a good switching job with my file number..

Over here in the B Div folks are leaving...

As for the next five years?

Sounds about right most of my classmates will be gone..

Me included god willing...

I was in the B for 2 years. There seems to be more movement there because theres a lot more people so it's more obvious, but I find that the movement in both is just about the same percentage wise.

7 hours ago, beanz said:

I was in the B for 2 years. There seems to be more movement there because theres a lot more people so it's more obvious, but I find that the movement in both is just about the same percentage wise.

Nah its Not...

A Div folks aren't going anywhere...

9 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Nah its Not...

A Div folks aren't going anywhere...

U got a different perspective cause u a senior man so u looking for movement in the upper tier...in the lower tiers there's movement even if it's just people moving to the B. I had the numbers somewhere but I moved up something like 113 slots in the B call sheets and 69 in the A last pick.

Edited by beanz
Edited numbers

22 minutes ago, beanz said:

U got a different perspective cause u a senior man so u looking for movement in the upper tier...in the lower tiers there's movement even if it's just people moving to the B. I had the numbers somewhere but I moved up something like 69 slots in the B call sheets and 45 in the A last pick.

Not at all im fine right where i am heck i wish they could pay me to say home... 

8 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

Not at all im fine right where i am heck i wish they could pay me to say home... 

I don't mean u looking for movement for yourself...I mean you based your opinion of there's no movement on the upper tiers. With those Utica switching jobs paying 11 hours and the cushy yard jobs at small yards like 240 and Livonia hell no they not going nowhere.

6 minutes ago, beanz said:

I don't mean u looking for movement for yourself...I mean you based your opinion of there's no movement on the upper tiers. With those Utica switching jobs paying 11 hours and the cushy yard jobs at small yards like 240 and Livonia hell no they not going nowhere.

Yes that's A Div as another poster noted i have no desire to go back there anyway..

14 hours ago, In4DaWin said:

Is there any movement going on this month with the next class and has anyone got the call for medical? 65XX

I was also there on July 7th for pre-employment. I have not heard anything from the MTA in regards to coming back for medical yet. It’s just a waiting game now at this point as is most things with the MTA.

If the MTA follows suit there should be a class at the end of this month starting...

I have chatted with a Few YXs who are out...

Classes start at ten and most of them are at 7 now...

TA isn't playing they clipping folks during Schoolcar even before the Signals Quiz..

Sad part its mostly due to attendance..

Edited by RTOMan

On 7/28/2023 at 12:10 AM, Maschine Bob said:

Somebody involved in the union told me close to 500 train operators are retiring this year, anyone else hear this? 

It's not possible. There are only about 3800 train operators total, in all 3 divisions. 500 that's like 15% of the t/os down here.  And there are only 5 months left of the year.

Edited by TOSironi

13 hours ago, TOSironi said:

It's not possible. There are only about 3800 train operators total, in all 3 divisions. 500 that's like 15% of the t/os down here.  And there are only 5 months left of the year.

Im guessing he meant are "scheduled" to retire if they so choose perhaps...

19 hours ago, TOSironi said:

There's been some movement, even the senior living facility at continental has seen life long members leave.