Quickest way of getting into Penn Station from Islip Airport?

duelingdragons

I usually just catch the train at Ronkonkoma, but it makes like 20 stops along the way.

Is there an express service at all?

The Ronkonkoma train somewhat makes express stops from Penn Station to Jamaica or from Woodside to Jamaica and from Jamaica to either Mineola or Hicksville and then all stops to Ronkonkoma!

I don't mean to threadjack, but are you flying Southwest?

Southwest is the only carrier out of Islip-McAruther Airport i think, or at least use to be.

I usually just catch the train at Ronkonkoma, but it makes like 20 stops along the way.

Is there an express service at all?

i don't think there is, bacuse when i use to live in Central Islip, all the trains seamed to stop at the station. i don't ever remember anyone of the skipping the ststion. the same at Brentwood to, but i wasn't there alot so i can't say that almost everytrain stopped there. thought i can't speak for what happens at the other stations done the line.

For the number of passengers i mean, the capacity isn't there. There are far more people farther away from the 3 big airports that would use southwest vs lga. Lga is domestic only, so it takes up the slack from newark and jfk, however if passenger demand goes up (which i think won't happen soon given the economy) they may indeed operate out of both.

- A

Archived