Job History

niku

when i was 17, i held a job for 2 years as a security guard and then ended up leaving because the pay was to low. at 19 i worked as bus boy, dishwasher and waiter in a couple of restaurants until i landed a union job in the hospital. from 19 until 24 i have been working in the hospital with no write ups. 2 years ago i decided to work another job while holding my hospital job and i got "fired" because i wasn't in the area i was suppose to be, i never had any incidents with this job but because i was per diem i was easy to let go. i am currently still working in the hospital and i am working another full time job for the last year, with no infractions or write ups. 

will the job, i got fired from,  impede my process to get a job in the mta in the near future?

i am asking because i took the conductor exam 6601 and wanted to see will that incident set me back...

My friend went through the hiring process for another city agency (can't remember which one), and the answer is similar to what Seven said. Also remember to be honest and truthful upfront - cause if they found out later on, you can get terminated!!

I think honesty is always the best policy with any job, be it in the public or private sector.  Large gaps in unemployment are certainly things that people that hire look at (myself included, since I spend a good amount of time hiring and firing people).  You should also be prepared to have at least two professional references (in general), though this likely doesn't apply to this job, but still.  Requirements always change, and with the amount of high turnover these days in all fields, you want to ensure that you're hiring people that are reliable, trustworthy and professional.  

Archived