Bill de Blasio Will Push for Tax on Wealthy to Fix Subway

Via Garibaldi 8

The tax on soda should be illegal plus i have a feeling that cuomo will laugh this tax proposal out of the room unless they intensely negotiate this

Cuomo has likely already seen the uproar in Philly over the beverage tax (and Pepsi for instance won't even for the most part unless contractually obligated to even have its product in Philly solely because of the tax) and if I'm at the DNC, I pressure Philly Mayor Jim Kenney to do away with the tax immediately because it's something Trump and the GOP will use against whoever is the GOP's opponent in 2020 if they don't.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing I'm proposing isn't a beverage tax; it's a sales tax add-on for all taxable items that provides dedicated funding to NYCTA - not (MTA) at large.

Here's LA's version of it (as is done by virtually every California transit authority, especially after the state cutback transit subsidies): https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Measure_R

Y'all realize that DeB doesn't actually want this tax, right? He's trying to make Cuomo look bad by forcing him to oppose a tax for the rich. This isn't a serious proposal; it's another move in their race to the bottom. 

Y'all realize that DeB doesn't actually want this tax, right? He's trying to make Cuomo look bad by forcing him to oppose a tax for the rich. This isn't a serious proposal; it's another move in their race to the bottom. 

I don't even think it's about making Cuomo bad.  It's an election year, and he wants to look like he's fighting oh so hard for every day New Yorkers.  BS. Now he's riding the subway for the cameras. Did you see that publicity stunt yesterday?  He comes out at Borough Hall in Downtown Brooklyn, grinning and yet there were NO other subway riders coming out the station. How is that possible if you just got off of a train?   <_<

The thing I'm proposing isn't a beverage tax; it's a sales tax add-on for all taxable items that provides dedicated funding to NYCTA - not (MTA) at large.

Here's LA's version of it (as is done by virtually every California transit authority, especially after the state cutback transit subsidies): https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Measure_R

More tax and spend.  Completely against more taxes to support the (MTA).  Taxpayers already are taxed in numerous ways.  I don't think this has a chance of passing in the Senate.  People are already balking because New Yorkers by large are already over taxed.  I would go for congestion pricing before I supported a millionaires' tax.  I believe in our capitalist society, and I don't believe in penalizing people that are successful by taxing them to death.  If you earn your money and are successful why should you then hand it all over?  It defeats the whole purpose of busting your @ss to make something of yourself, so the government can then dig in your pocket and take it all back.  

I don't even think it's about making Cuomo bad. It's an election year, and he wants to look like he's fighting oh so hard for every day New Yorkers. BS. Now he's riding the subway for the cameras. Did you see that publicity stunt yesterday? He comes out at Borough Hall in Downtown Brooklyn, grinning and yet there were NO other subway riders coming out the station. How is that possible if you just got off of a train? <_<

More tax and spend. Completely against more taxes to support the (MTA). Taxpayers already are taxed in numerous ways. I don't think this has a chance of passing in the Senate. People are already balking because New Yorkers by large are already over taxed. I would go for congestion pricing before I supported a millionaires' tax. I believe in our capitalist society, and I don't believe in penalizing people that are successful by taxing them to death. If you earn your money and are successful why should you then hand it all over? It defeats the whole purpose of busting your @ss to make something of yourself, so the government can then dig in your pocket and take it all back.

Again slippery slope. The government helped to expand the middle class greatly post WWII people tend to forget that. Picket fence Suburbia. Most of these people wouldn’t have been able to compete In a fully all for self system you know this.I believe in capitalism so what are you saying you build your success on a institution and you don’t want pay back into it after you gain want you wanted?You have to pay Uncle Paulie. Agreed you have certain points I definitely don’t want to see people living like Fat Rats off the system but infrastructure, education? Come on. Like I said this before I’ve been in these conversations “What room does the world have for people that aren’t creating and pushing things forward?” Sound crazy?Give it 30 year’s with advancements like CRISPR how your going to feel when your told you don’t have the capital or better yet what did you do to deserve this? This is more about fear of the changing of the status quo.

And bigger then that if we feel this plan isn’t going anywhere what was the Jordan and iPhone tirade about? Just a ball of emotions over here.

Haha

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Again slippery slope. The government helped to expand the middle class greatly post WWII people tend to forget that. Picket fence Suburbia. Most of these people wouldn’t have been able to compete In a fully all for self system you know this.I believe in capitalism so what are you saying you build your success on a institution and you don’t want pay back into it after you gain want you wanted?You have to pay Uncle Paulie. Agreed you have certain points I definitely don’t want to see people living like Fat Rats off the system but infrastructure, education? Come on. Like I said this before I’ve been in these conversations “What room does the world have for people that aren’t creating and pushing things forward?” Sound crazy?Give it 30 year’s with advancements like CRISPR how your going to feel when your told you don’t have the capital or better yet what did you do to deserve this? This is more about fear of the changing of the status quo.

And bigger then that if we feel this plan isn’t going anywhere what was the Jordan and iPhone tirade about? Just a ball of emotions over here.

Haha

What you either fail to realize or refuse to accept is we're already paying enough in taxes. That's the point.  This is not a communist country where we penalize people excessively for making something of themselves.  It's one thing to pay your fair share, and another to have Uncle Sam come and basically rob you.  I don't care how much someone makes.  They EARNED it, and who in the hell is the government to come along and say, well you were VERY successful, so why don't we take more of what you EARNED and give to someone else because you can afford to pay more. That's total BS.  Everyone should be FAIRLY taxed.  End of story.  My money is my money.  Your money is your money. Once I've paid my taxes, you get your hands OUT of my pockets, and if you want to pay more than your fair share, go right on ahead.  That's the issue I have with his whole mess. It's a money grab that won't stop because the (MTA) will NEVER have enough money.  They'll always be crying broke and we'll always be paying up for their incompetence and inability to budget. I simply won't support that, and that's why this nonsense won't pass in the Senate.  

With that said, I strongly believe that this idiot de Blasio will look for another way to fund that $250 million plan for half-fare Metrocards.  At some point people have to make a way for themselves. It isn't about a lack of compassion.  It's about this: A LOT of people in this city are working their @sses off to make a way for themselves and they should keep what they earn.  There are some people that are legitimately trying and can't do any better.  However, there is no law that says we have to help every person that comes here with their hands out because they're too lazy to do better for themselves.  What these sorts of policies do is encourage laziness and more handouts and that's why I don't support it.

You constantly talk about creativity... Well what sort of "creativity" is this creating where we create expectations of "you don't have to work hard, someone else will take care of you"?  No no no... Not the way to go.

Not what I’m saying.

What I’m saying is.. in a series of questions and statements.

1. I’m pretty sure I’m paying more in taxes.

2. New York is allotting you a mass of opportunity taxes are higher then some other places sure. Using your ideology if you can’t keep up move. We don’t need the deadweight.

3. The US was built off social programs

Again the GI bill and SS were big ones in the 20th century What’s changed now?

Education and employment is at a high One would think it’s better now than anytime before. You have to keep the base strong for the next generation after all who knows the next Elon or Bill could come from Bronx? Just imagine the possibilities.

4. If I cure cancer or create the next internet why should it help you after all you didn’t work hard enough you had all the chances and opportunities I did? (Using your Logic)

5. Are you saying again that everyone got the civil,ethic and moral handbook which I didn’t but luckily was taught by some great people in my life.

Are you saying they’re all fully aware read the book but are just choosing to live off society?

Listen I’m just curious to why you feel your hard work is somehow better then others you may view below you? Pain,suffering and struggle are relative. Working hard how do you judge that? When some folks lack the opportunity.

I respect your POV but a part of it is what does VG do? Why shouldn’t or couldn’t view I him in the same regard? It seems like all talk from my perspective with some fear. What have you contributed to back your view?

Sorry for anyone else viewing this discussion I’m not trying to change anyone’s point of view but hey when you say something that other people might find Fault with you should expect some type of opposition. If he’s going to dance around the questions i’ll pursue it no longer.

Not what I’m saying.

What I’m saying is.. in a series of questions and statements.

1. I’m pretty sure I’m paying more in taxes.

2. New York is allotting you a mass of opportunity taxes are higher then some other places sure. Using your ideology if you can’t keep up move. We don’t need the deadweight.

3. The US was built off social programs

Again the GI bill and SS were big ones in the 20th century What’s changed now?

Education and employment is at a high One would think it’s better now than anytime before. You have to keep the base strong for the next generation after all who knows the next Elon or Bill could come from Bronx? Just imagine the possibilities.

4. If I cure cancer or create the next internet why should it help you after all you didn’t work hard enough you had all the chances and opportunities I did? (Using your Logic)

5. Are you saying again that everyone got the civil,ethic and moral handbook which I didn’t but luckily was taught by some great people in my life.

Are you saying they’re all fully aware read the book but are just choosing to live off society?

Listen I’m just curious to why you feel your hard work is somehow better then others you may view below you? Pain,suffering and struggle are relative. Working hard how do you judge that? When some folks lack the opportunity.

I respect your POV but a part of it is what does VG do? Why shouldn’t or couldn’t view I him in the same regard? It seems like all talk from my perspective with some fear. What have you contributed to back your view?

Sorry for anyone else viewing this discussion I’m not trying to change anyone’s point of view but hey when you say something that other people might find Fault with you should expect some type of opposition. If he’s going to dance around the questions i’ll pursue it no longer.

You've essentially proved my point. We already have enough social programs in place.  What do I determine to be hard work?  That's pretty simple.  I can afford to pay my own way without contributing more than I take.  That's the idea.  Yes, we have social programs in place that we ALL benefit from.  No question about that, but we as a society have to have accountability and a sense of worthiness, otherwise it's pointless.  

People that take more than they give and are physically capable of earning their keep... That's not ok.  I think you know exactly what I'm saying and you're trying to create this picture of me being high and mighty and that's simply not true. Considering the fact that I've been helping at risk youth for years now to excel in their education that are mainly from poor backgrounds, I'd say I do more than my part in helping those with less, as I could charge a lot more than I do for my services, not to mention how much of my free time I provide attending events and so on.  Just yesterday I spoke with a program coordinator that I've been working with over the years to help a kid who is interested in becoming an architect to get an internship opportunity at a firm.  Someone who is "high and mighty" doesn't do such things.  

What we're talking about here is able bodied people that simply are too lazy and expect society to take care of them.  Yes, if those people can't make a way for themselves because they feel entitled to receive "help" from society, they should move elsewhere.   You can preach compassion all you want.  I don't support the idea of allowing people to take advantage of such compassion. 

De Blasio has to pay his legal defense and all those "consultants". He can stick to his Robin Hood rhetoric, while the state is actually trying to walk the walk. You can't simply solve everything by taxing the rich. He wants to be a progressive hero not a leader. 

De Blasio has to pay his legal defense and all those "consultants". He can stick to his Robin Hood rhetoric, while the state is actually trying to walk the walk. You can't simply solve everything by taxing the rich. He wants to be a progressive hero not a leader. 

Exactly, and let's say this plan actually somehow passes. What happens when the (MTA) starts crying broke again?  Who do you tax next after you've taxed the rich? You and I know the answer to this.  It sounds great on paper. Let's tax people with more simply because they can afford it, but that's not sustainable in the long run and historically we've seen this time and again. This is a dangerous proposition because it sends a message that anytime we can't demand accountability for fiscal constraint, we can simply tax our way out of problems and that's just not the case.

You've essentially proved my point. We already have enough social programs in place.  What do I determine to be hard work?  That's pretty simple.  I can afford to pay my own way without contributing more than I take.  That's the idea.  Yes, we have social programs in place that we ALL benefit from.  No question about that, but we as a society have to have accountability and a sense of worthiness, otherwise it's pointless.  

People that take more than they give and are physically capable of earning their keep... That's not ok.  I think you know exactly what I'm saying and you're trying to create this picture of me being high and mighty and that's simply not true. Considering the fact that I've been helping at risk youth for years now to excel in their education that are mainly from poor backgrounds, I'd say I do more than my part in helping those with less, as I could charge a lot more than I do for my services, not to mention how much of my free time I provide attending events and so on.  Just yesterday I spoke with a program coordinator that I've been working with over the years to help a kid who is interested in becoming an architect to get an internship opportunity at a firm.  Someone who is "high and mighty" doesn't do such things.  

What we're talking about here is able bodied people that simply are too lazy and expect society to take care of them.  Yes, if those people can't make a way for themselves because they feel entitled to receive "help" from society, they should move elsewhere.   You can preach compassion all you want.  I don't support the idea of allowing people to take advantage of such compassion. 

I'm so not fan of the Mayor let's get that out of the way. Compassion umm? More than half the Country is lazy under those metrics so why was there so much compassion for everyone buying Homes on credit 10 years ago? They clearly didn't have the means to afford the homes and why was it okay for my tax dollars to help these people, after all, it wasn't my fault they weren't educated enough to read the fine print. Again why is my tax dollars going to help support addicts in New England? What does that have to do with me?.. What's the difference im lost? Take De Blasio out of the convo he's a *sshat.

I'm so not fan of the Mayor let's get that out of the way. Compassion umm? More than half the Country is lazy under those metrics so why was there so much compassion for everyone buying Homes on credit 10 years ago? They clearly didn't have the means to afford the homes and why was it okay for my tax dollars to help these people, after all, it wasn't my fault they weren't educated enough to read the fine print. Again why is my tax dollars going to help support addicts in New England? What does that have to do with me?.. What's the difference im lost? Take De Blasio out of the convo he's a *sshat.

We can't take him out of the picture because he's the one pushing for such tax increases.  I don't know what compassion you're talking about.  That was speculation and exploitation by greedy financial consultants that preyed on people that didn't know any better about buying homes that they could never afford in the first place.  As for the rest of your post, you're confusing necessary taxation with out of control taxation.  We need taxes to support citizens in certain instances.

There's a difference between creating social programs for those in need like medicaid and medicare, and taking care of people that are simply too lazy to do anything for themselves.  You can't even compare some small town in the middle of nowhere that depends on a few businesses to supply jobs for most of the town.  You and I both know NYC is much more complex in terms of job creation and the types of opportunities that exist here.  There are jobs to be had here if people want to work, and yes that may mean working several jobs, but LOTS of people here do that if it means they aren't taking handouts, and there's nothing wrong with that either.  A little hard work never killed me, but using your logic, we should give handouts to those people instead of having them work hard to take care of themselves, and anyone who comes here with their hands out for that matter because why not?  We can all afford to give a little more.  Give me a break.  <_<

Exactly these one time taxes are not long term solutions. I don't even want to make this a political argument or about De Blasio but you have to get a long term investment because repairs don't keep it together forever. I think the best thing for that is private investment. Sponsoring of subway stations is definitely a good idea. Companies always will spend big on advertising.  Also, the problem is sometimes the people in charge aren't always the most competent or knowledgeable on the subject. Have to keep bringing in the right minds. They'll give you the best quality, for the best price. No politics just getting the job done. 

We can't take him out of the picture because he's the one pushing for such tax increases.  I don't know what compassion you're talking about.  That was speculation and exploitation by greedy financial consultants that preyed on people that didn't know any better about buying homes that they could never afford in the first place.  As for the rest of your post, you're confusing necessary taxation with out of control taxation.  We need taxes to support citizens in certain instances.

There's a difference between creating social programs for those in need like medicaid and medicare, and taking care of people that are simply too lazy to do anything for themselves.  You can't even compare some small town in the middle of nowhere that depends on a few businesses to supply jobs for most of the town.  You and I both know NYC is much more complex in terms of job creation and the types of opportunities that exist here.  There are jobs to be had here if people want to work, and yes that may mean working several jobs, but LOTS of people here do that if it means they aren't taking handouts, and there's nothing wrong with that either.  A little hard work never killed me, but using your logic, we should give handouts to those people instead of having them work hard to take care of themselves, and anyone who comes here with their hands out for that matter because why not?  We can all afford to give a little more.  Give me a break.  <_<

:huh:  Guy seriously the Logic is help people to help themselves so you don't have to help them anymore. What do you think you just get tough and what people are going to just go away or change? You still have to help to create the opportunities for people to become self-dependent.

I'll take you, for example, some one gave you an opportunity by founding and starting the business someone pays you. Sure you make their life easier and make em money that why they hired you. But you have to create the opportunity.  Hardwork? How is your hard work different from the guy working as a messager or the girl at McDonald's? What the fact you make more or feel you have a better education? Isn't the logic to give a little boost to get people the skills they can be productive? It's support when's people that look familiar but when it's someone else it's lazy. This culture is all about living above your means. Credit excess why should I feel bad for the person that makes 60k that signed their name on the 750k house in AZ? What's the difference if im paying half the fare of a single mother going to work or trying to get her toddler to school? If it's going to help ensure im not on the hook for another generation of your so called freeloading im for it. We can take the Mayor out this is your M.O its beyond this plan you've been preaching the same gospel for years now. Again what makes you able to point out the flaws of others? I employ 11 people tho not a Wall Street firm when the rubber meet's the road don't I contribute more? Shouldn't I have more of a say than you?  Capitalism is based on making the most money whatever the cost. Also who ever has more gold has more say correct?              

Exactly these one time taxes are not long term solutions. I don't even want to make this a political argument or about De Blasio but you have to get a long term investment because repairs don't keep it together forever. I think the best thing for that is private investment. Sponsoring of subway stations is definitely a good idea. Companies always will spend big on advertising.  Also, the problem is sometimes the people in charge aren't always the most competent or knowledgeable on the subject. Have to keep bringing in the right minds. They'll give you the best quality, for the best price. No politics just getting the job done. 

I agree!

:huh:  Guy seriously the Logic is help people to help themselves so you don't have to help them anymore. What do you think you just get tough and what people are going to just go away or change? You still have to help to create the opportunities for people to become self-dependent.

I'll take you, for example, some one gave you an opportunity by founding and starting the business someone pays you. Sure you make their life easier and make em money that why they hired you. But you have to create the opportunity.  Hardwork? How is your hard work different from the guy working as a messager or the girl at McDonald's? What the fact you make more or feel you have a better education? Isn't the logic to give a little boost to get people the skills they can be productive? It's support when's people that look familiar but when it's someone else it's lazy. This culture is all about living above your means. Credit excess why should I feel bad for the person that makes 60k that signed their name on the 750k house in AZ? What's the difference if im paying half the fare of a single mother going to work or trying to get her toddler to school? If it's going to help ensure im not on the hook for another generation of your so called freeloading im for it. We can take the Mayor out this is your M.O its beyond this plan you've been preaching the same gospel for years now. Again what makes you able to point out the flaws of others? I employ 11 people tho not a Wall Street firm when the rubber meet's the road don't I contribute more? Shouldn't I have more of a say than you?  Capitalism is based on making the most money whatever the cost. Also who ever has more gold has more say correct?             

Tell me how this administration has helped to create opportunities for people so that they don't have to be dependent on hand outs?  The people currently receiving handouts are still getting them and then some and now we have more people running here to freeload.  What's the incentive for these people to better themselves if they are being given everything? The problem with your assumptions is that you're assuming that people are just down on their luck and WANT to excel. Those people do exist, but believe it or not, they don't make up as big of a group as you're trying to lead on.  Most of these people are indeed free loaders.

If it's all about incentives, do what Bloomberg did... Give people a one way ticket out of here to areas where they have family that can help them turn their lives around.  Being stuck in an endless cycle of poverty benefits no one, and if they have better options elsewhere, then there's no need to keep giving and giving just so that they can live here.  We don't have infinite resources to give, but you seem to think so.  

Tell me how this administration has helped to create opportunities for people so that they don't have to be dependent on hand outs? The people currently receiving handouts are still getting them and then some and now we have more people running here to freeload. What's the incentive for these people to better themselves if they are being given everything? The problem with your assumptions is that you're assuming that people are just down on their luck and WANT to excel. Those people do exist, but believe it or not, they don't make up as big of a group as you're trying to lead on. Most of these people are indeed free loaders.

If it's all about incentives, do what Bloomberg did... Give people a one way ticket out of here to areas where they have family that can help them turn their lives around. Being stuck in an endless cycle of poverty benefits no one, and if they have better options elsewhere, then there's no need to keep giving and giving just so that they can live here. We don't have infinite resources to give, but you seem to think so.

Administrations come and go were talking state of mind here that’s the issue and what’s on the table. As far as people wanting to excel where your proof saying they don’t? Who wouldn’t want to do well? And be seen in the eyes of society? Where are your numbers your telling me the City is dealing with people in the millions that don’t want to work? I had a similar discussion with someone with impression immigrants we’re running rampant with benefits and beating the system even tho most weren’t even eligible. Funny huh? You don’t strike as a person that interacts with people outside your zone. You also don’t seem like a problem solver or builder the context of the present and the past don’t seem important in your calculations. (Shrugs) I could be wrong this is what I’m getting from you. Where the numbers that support your claims? How many people are even receiving these handouts? As someone said there’s fraud on every level to some degree. But your angle that people don’t want to excel how do you know that? And minus the kids you came in contact with.

Administrations come and go were talking state of mind here that’s the issue and what’s on the table. As far as people wanting to excel where your proof saying they don’t? Who wouldn’t want to do well? And be seen in the eyes of society? Where are your numbers your telling me the City is dealing with people in the millions that don’t want to work? I had a similar discussion with someone with impression immigrants we’re running rampant with benefits and beating the system even tho most weren’t even eligible. Funny huh? You don’t strike as a person that interacts with people outside your zone. You also don’t seem like a problem solver or builder the context of the present and the past don’t seem important in your calculations. (Shrugs) I could be wrong this is what I’m getting from you. Where the numbers that support your claims? How many people are even receiving these handouts? As someone said there’s fraud on every level to some degree. But your angle that people don’t want to excel how do you know that? And minus the kids you came in contact with.

I see the proof every day when endless panhandlers come asking for change or give a sob story.  Last night I was being driven to the express bus.  At a light, we were approached by a homeless guy who was just walking from car to car begging for money.  This sort of thing repeats itself every day all over the place.  I think it's great that you have so much faith in people wanting to do good, but that's a very naïve take on things, especially for someone as old as you are.  You claim that you've traveled so much and been so many places.  It's troubling that you can't make the distinction between those that want to excel and those that don't and have to question me about stats as if I'm going to say oh here they are. Here are all of the people gaming the system. It just isn't that simple. Why wouldn't people want to do better?

Because it's hard work that's why.  It's a lot of easier to have someone else pay your way, and when you do that you enable people to take more and more.  That's what this tax would essentially do by putting $250 million into a half-fare Metrocard program.  If you can afford a cell phone and a cell phone bill, you can afford $2.75 for the fare.  It's all about priorities.  Truly poor people can't afford expensive cell phones and the bills that come with them.

I see the proof every day when endless panhandlers come asking for change or give a sob story. Last night I was being driven to the express bus. At a light, we were approached by a homeless guy who was just walking from car to car begging for money. This sort of thing repeats itself every day all over the place. I think it's great that you have so much faith in people wanting to do good, but that's a very naïve take on things, especially for someone as old as you are. You claim that you've traveled so much and been so many places. It's troubling that you can't make the distinction between those that want to excel and those that don't and have to question me about stats as if I'm going to say oh here they are. Here are all of the people gaming the system. It just isn't that simple. Why wouldn't people want to do better?

Because it's hard work that's why. It's a lot of easier to have someone else pay your way, and when you do that you enable people to take more and more. That's what this tax would essentially do by putting $250 million into a half-fare Metrocard program. If you can afford a cell phone and a cell phone bill, you can afford $2.75 for the fare. It's all about priorities. Truly poor people can't afford expensive cell phones and the bills that come with them.

You really think I’m naïve? Look around you the world is being run by the people that aren’t necessarily the smartest or worked the hardest these are the people that are winning. You told me your building someone else’s business up as if it’s a badge of honor. Homeless? You ever been to the Mission in SF? That’s not unique to New York. We didn’t even bring in the mental health part of it when it comes to that.

Travel yeah and interact 6 years as Q/A engineer at Apple 5 years doing UX and UX research plus a small time teaching. It’s my job to interact I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had pre-notions of someone some with Jordan’s I might add and was blown away. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had a young person not even think or know they could obrain a certain goal sop up information and be thankful. Then other times when I would travel and be greeted to David Hasselhoff to find out this guy has never worked a day in his life and he’s on Obamacare go figure. I’m not really speaking on your interactions with the homeless I’m referring more to your comments on Jordans and phones. You do know you get a iPhone for $20 a month and $40 for a plan? Hey know what?? Kind a like the people that take out a 40 year mortgage on the house they know they can’t afford. (Nods) That’s working class America for you work and pay til you die. Good luck it’s your logic after all.

You really think I’m naïve? Look around you the world is being run by the people that aren’t necessarily the smartest or worked the hardest these are the people that are winning. You told me your building someone else’s business up as if it’s a badge of honor. Homeless? You ever been to the Mission in SF? That’s not unique to New York. We didn’t even bring in the mental health part of it when it comes to that.

Travel yeah and interact 6 years as Q/A engineer at Apple 5 years doing UX and UX research plus a small time teaching. It’s my job to interact I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had pre-notions of someone some with Jordan’s I might add and was blown away. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had a young person not even think or know they could obrain a certain goal sop up information and be thankful. Then other times when I would travel and be greeted to David Hasselhoff to find out this guy has never worked a day in his life and he’s on Obamacare go figure. I’m not really speaking on your interactions with the homeless I’m referring more to your comments on Jordans and phones. You do know you get a iPhone for $20 a month and $40 for a plan? Hey know what?? Kind a like the people that take out a 40 year mortgage on the house they know they can’t afford. (Nods) That’s working class America for you work and pay til you die. Good luck it’s your logic after all.

Whatever the plan is and however much that iPhone costs, that is money that could be used to pay their fare, so you're just showing that some people are clueless when it comes to prioritizing. I don't think we should be rewarding such behavior.   <_<  And while we're on the topic of behavior, do you think because you employ 11 people that you're somehow better than me?  As I said, I have my own side business and have now for quite a few years.  I run my own department and have successfully for years bringing in hundreds of thousands of dollars. That isn't something that every Joe Schmoe can do.  I'd like to see you see sit in my chair for a day. Your head would spin. I don't go acting as if I know how difficult your position is, so don't you dare tell me as if you know anything about my field or what I do because you don't.  You don't care for my opinion, that's fine, but don't think you're going to try to throw jabs at me. Not happening.  I'm entitled to my opinion.  You don't have to agree with it.  

Whatever the plan is and however much that iPhone costs, that is money that could be used to pay their fare, so you're just showing that some people are clueless when it comes to prioritizing. I don't think we should be rewarding such behavior. <_< And while we're on the topic of behavior, do you think because you employ 11 people that you're somehow better than me? As I said, I have my own side business and have now for quite a few years. I run my own department and have successfully for years bringing in hundreds of thousands of dollars. That isn't something that every Joe Schmoe can do. I'd like to see you see sit in my chair for a day. Your head would spin. I don't go acting as if I know how difficult your position is, so don't you dare tell me as if you know anything about my field or what I do because you don't. You don't care for my opinion, that's fine, but don't think you're going to try to throw jabs at me. Not happening. I'm entitled to my opinion. You don't have to agree with it.

(Holding hand to ear) Finally a submission to opinion.

Your absolutely entitled to your opinion and I respect it. Agree or not. You don’t have to prove anything to me. I was just asking for your proof of what I thought you were simply claiming as fact. An opinion is a opinion. Why would I throw jabs? We can say what we want it comes do to who can pull Equity from property or working capital that’s what ownership is all about. Rubber meets the road its about capital not need to complicate anything. “Not happening”means what? Just remember you share this world with others all you have to do is state it as opinion geez.

(Holding hand to ear) Finally a submission to opinion.

Your absolutely entitled to your opinion and I respect it. Agree or not. You don’t have to prove anything to me. I was just asking for your proof of what I thought you were simply claiming as fact. An opinion is a opinion. Why would I throw jabs? We can say what we want it comes do to who can pull Equity from property or working capital that’s what ownership is all about. Rubber meets the road its about capital not need to complicate anything. “Not happening”means what? Just remember you share this world with others all you have to do is state it as opinion geez.

Given that we're in a forum, it should be obvious that we're sharing our opinions. That's the whole idea.

Given that we're in a forum, it should be obvious that we've sharing our opinions. That's the whole idea.

Well.....umm ive seen quite a few people start off with IMO around these parts. Not the ole "Oh please" VG special   (S) Maybe a IMO would help convey your opinions better? that's IMO of course. 

Well.....umm ive seen quite a few people start off with IMO around these parts. Not the ole "Oh please" VG special   (S) Maybe a IMO would help convey your opinions better? that's IMO of course. 

You disagree with my opinion. Leave it at that and move on. Now you're nitpicking.

Archived