Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

33 minutes ago, King said:

Got Sworn in today for the May 30th class. Congratulations to anyone else attending! 

For those on the job, what's this I hear about having to shave a beard if you have one? is this true? 

Congratulations!!!!! What was your list number ?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, King said:

Got Sworn in today for the May 30th class. Congratulations to anyone else attending! 

For those on the job, what's this I hear about having to shave a beard if you have one? is this true? 

No beard for respirator training. What u decided to do after that is up to u.

3 hours ago, onetime said:

Anybody have any tips when going in for your medical? The tip about bringing water and snacks when going in for the pre-employment definitely came in handy for me.

Could be quick or it could be an all day affair. Read your email packet. they tell you to do this questionnaire thing its basically 3 parts. doing it before you go in may speed it up a bit 

18 hours ago, Danny11207 said:

What was the medical like ? I’m going tomorrow 

I didn't see anyone reply to your question.  Maybe you can let us know what medical was like since you had to go today. Greatly appreciate it. Hope all went well for you

6 minutes ago, RoyalJD said:

I didn't see anyone reply to your question.  Maybe you can let us know what medical was like since you had to go today. Greatly appreciate it. Hope all went well for you

Medical is almost an all day affair.

You go to station 3 hand in paperwork

Then you fill out more paperwork

Then you go over to medical on the other side of the room, once your called you do a 3 part questionnaire which has a ton of questions 

Then you get called to medical by the nurse she does the eyes, hearing, EKG and whatnot typical stuff checking BP 

The doctor then calls you in after you go back to that room and they do various things to see if you have any pain and make your file then they tell you if you passed or failed.

After that you go back to station 3 and hand the paper and wait for final processing which takes a while as well. 

If i missed anything someone correct me lol  

20 minutes ago, King said:

Medical is almost an all day affair.

You go to station 3 hand in paperwork

Then you fill out more paperwork

Then you go over to medical on the other side of the room, once your called you do a 3 part questionnaire which has a ton of questions 

Then you get called to medical by the nurse she does the eyes, hearing, EKG and whatnot typical stuff checking BP 

The doctor then calls you in after you go back to that room and they do various things to see if you have any pain and make your file then they tell you if you passed or failed.

After that you go back to station 3 and hand the paper and wait for final processing which takes a while as well. 

If i missed anything someone correct me lol  

Thank you. Greatly appreciate this. Do you happen to know what number they're up to? I suppose you'll be in the may 30th class I see people mentioning. 

2 hours ago, RoyalJD said:

Thank you. Greatly appreciate this. Do you happen to know what number they're up to? I suppose you'll be in the may 30th class I see people mentioning. 

Yeah, I'm in the May30th class.  I Believe they are a little over 2k now 

2 hours ago, King said:

Yeah, I'm in the May30th class.  I Believe they are a little over 2k now 

Thank you. The questionnaire you mentioned were all health related questions? Do they ask about past convictions as well? Will that be a problem if so? 

1 hour ago, RoyalJD said:

Do you know if you'll be able to present a picture of your diploma from your phone if that's all you have?

I cant remember if I was asked or not but i did bring a diploma letter from my HS sealed in an envelope 

5 minutes ago, Movefromm3 said:

Just got back from medical. I literally spent 9 hours and 30mins in that building; and I thought pre-employment wait time was bad.

Congratulations!! Do you know where they are on the list?