Got a letter for an interview late? What do I do?

Jdog14

GO ASAP!!!  This happened to me in July. I got my letter for Station Agent pre employment on a Friday afternoon when I had to report on Thursday morning for pre employment. I got up on Monday morning nervous as hell and got there at the time I was supposed to report that past Thursday. When I got to the front desk to get a ticket I was a nervous wreck thinking they were going to send me away. The gentleman was very nice, smirked and said "Don't worry, we will be seeing you today" he even joked with me and said "You look like you worried about this all weekend long !" Long story short today is my last day of Station Agent induction and I am on my own Sunday. Go asap! It's preemployment so it's a drug test only but they will see you . Get there early ! You should be out of there fast ! Take the letter and let them know you got it late. If you ask me this happens all the time and they know it ! Good luck ! 

13 hours ago, BxJay120 said:

GO ASAP!!!  This happened to me in July. I got my letter for Station Agent pre employment on a Friday afternoon when I had to report on Thursday morning for pre employment. I got up on Monday morning nervous as hell and got there at the time I was supposed to report that past Thursday. When I got to the front desk to get a ticket I was a nervous wreck thinking they were going to send me away. The gentleman was very nice, smirked and said "Don't worry, we will be seeing you today" he even joked with me and said "You look like you worried about this all weekend long !" Long story short today is my last day of Station Agent induction and I am on my own Sunday. Go asap! It's preemployment so it's a drug test only but they will see you . Get there early ! You should be out of there fast ! Take the letter and let them know you got it late. If you ask me this happens all the time and they know it ! Good luck ! 

Hi,

How long ago was this? Same thing happened to me. I just went to  pre employment on the 22nd. How long does it take from here? How was the training?  And congratulations!!!!

On 9/30/2017 at 11:20 AM, sjenn511 said:

Hi,

How long ago was this? Same thing happened to me. I just went to  pre employment on the 22nd. How long does it take from here? How was the training?  And congratulations!!!!

Thank you ! I got the letter to report on July 28. I went in on the 31st for the drug test. On August 16 they sent me an email telling me to come in the next day for processing and when I went I was sworn in . Started August 28th. And I just finished training. Be very vigilant of your emails because that is how I was contacted. It was very late too . Like they emailed me at 5:15pm to report the next day at 8 or 9am and therefore gave me no way to give notice and I had to quit my job the day after . Well I gave them a weeks notice but I took a vacation week so that I could be ready to take this on. Also sending an email like that makes it real easy to miss it . There is currently a class a week or two in and my trainer told us he had a class coming up after he took his vacation so it should probably start in mid oct or early November . They don't give you time to give notice so don't be surprised if you get pulled real quick. Good luck !! 

4 hours ago, BxJay120 said:

Thank you ! I got the letter to report on July 28. I went in on the 31st for the drug test. On August 16 they sent me an email telling me to come in the next day for processing and when I went I was sworn in . Started August 28th. And I just finished training. Be very vigilant of your emails because that is how I was contacted. It was very late too . Like they emailed me at 5:15pm to report the next day at 8 or 9am and therefore gave me no way to give notice and I had to quit my job the day after . Well I gave them a weeks notice but I took a vacation week so that I could be ready to take this on. Also sending an email like that makes it real easy to miss it . There is currently a class a week or two in and my trainer told us he had a class coming up after he took his vacation so it should probably start in mid oct or early November . They don't give you time to give notice so don't be surprised if you get pulled real quick. Good luck !! 

Thank You! Very anxious to see how long before I get a call or email. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, jake3178 said:

Good morning, anyone down at Livingston today for pre-employment for Electrical helper?

Please stick to the thread/topic that was already made, which can be viewed here, and please do not bump any unnecessary threads as per the rules of the site. Thank you!!

Archived