Backlit information signs at Prospect Av

Lawrence St

40 minutes ago, Lance said:

A lightbox and semi-transparent plastic cover.

By the way, these information and station name signs are prevalent in all three completed ESI stations.

Ah thanks for the info, I had a feeling I saw them somewhere before and realized that either Supthin Blvd or Jamiaca Center used to have these, and I wanted to recreate one for my room.

On 11/30/2017 at 9:42 AM, Lance said:

A lightbox and semi-transparent plastic cover.

By the way, these information and station name signs are prevalent in all three completed ESI stations.

The same failed technology as the 80s, it's worth noting. The Archer Ave stations, the midtown redesigns, Bowling Green, Church Ave, Jay St, 61-Woodside, 179th, Newkirk, all these stations had backlit signs that were removed. Not to mention, standing benches also tried and were deemed a failure, as were the covered kiosks, refrigerator tile wall covers, etc. No points for originality on this one.

37 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

The same failed technology as the 80s, it's worth noting. The Archer Ave stations, the midtown redesigns, Bowling Green, Church Ave, Jay St, 61-Woodside, 179th, Newkirk, all these stations had backlit signs that were removed. Not to mention, standing benches also tried and were deemed a failure, as were the covered kiosks, refrigerator tile wall covers, etc. No points for originality on this one.

In all fairness, this isn't a complete rehab, and I would rather them focus on structural issues and getting the station clean as opposed to spending tons of cash of signage.  The signage looks good enough and the stations are bright enough.  If they can keep the homeless and mentally disturbed OUT of the stations, the signage should hold up fine, as they tend to be the ones destroying everything.

Archived