Transit Property Protection Agent Exam # 8623

Bmpo7

• 2 months later...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/6/2022 at 12:03 PM, Starlight said:

According to DCAS automated phone line 1-212-669-1357. The last # appointed for this list was 185.

Hey Starlight, curious how you were able to get that info out of the automated system. When one dials in, it prompts for SS#, then exam #, and then just says

"you are on the list" and really has no information past that. Can you map out how you were able to get the "last # appointed" out of the automated system. That likely would

be a very valuable piece of info for many on their respective exams/lists. I'm wondering as well if there's a method to find out last appointed using the datasets.

Thanks in advance if you can provide any info on that.

17 hours ago, Alucard said:

Hey Starlight, curious how you were able to get that info out of the automated system. When one dials in, it prompts for SS#, then exam #, and then just says

"you are on the list" and really has no information past that. Can you map out how you were able to get the "last # appointed" out of the automated system. That likely would

be a very valuable piece of info for many on their respective exams/lists. I'm wondering as well if there's a method to find out last appointed using the datasets.

Call DCAS: 1-212-669-1357. Press 3, then enter your social security number, then press 1, then press 3.

18 hours ago, Alucard said:

Wait until the automated robot finishes speaking before pressing the prompt buttons.

Here is a very helpful phone number: 1-347-643-7221. After calling press 0, then 2, then 0. When someone picks up, give them the exam # you took which in this case is "#8623" & your list #. The last list # called according to them was #207. Good luck to everyone!!!! Hopefully, we all get called.

10 hours ago, Alucard said:

Thanks for all the details & info you provided. Sure it will help some along the way.

No problem. What is your list # range? I am in the early 1000's. All I can do is hope that this list starts to move swiftly in the next couple to few yrs. Lol smh..

3 hours ago, Starlight said:

No problem. What is your list # range? I am in the early 1000's. All I can do is hope that this list starts to move swiftly in the next couple to few yrs. Lol smh..

I'm not on this particular list, but saw you were able to get some data points off the automated system that I hadn't seen before. So I threw the question your way.

I tried the same method on the dcas automated for several analyst Eligible Lists, but were not able to get the "last # appointed" out of the system. I take it that it varies between exams/lists what the system is able to kick back. Still, I think the info you provided may help many in their gather of info off that system.

So I didn’t take the exam for  ( Tppa OA ) position just did by resume and they called a few of us for an interview back in March 2022 . This Friday 5/20/2022 we had the pre employment session.  Did the drug test and turned in all paperwork along with the application. Now we wait for the background check to clear 3-90 days. We should be starting training mid Jun . It’s crazy how I see you people who took the test and have yet to be called for an interview or etc. For those of you who took the exam what tittle exactly did you apply for? Anyone else up to where I am and waiting as well?

On 5/18/2022 at 4:06 PM, Starlight said:

I am #626 on the list and haven't been contacted yet. I'll be sure to post here if I do. And thanks for all the updates and info you've been posting the past couple years, it's been very helpful. 

2 hours ago, Pharaoh96 said:

I am #626 on the list and haven't been contacted yet. I'll be sure to post here if I do. And thanks for all the updates and info you've been posting the past couple years, it's been very helpful. 

No problem. I hope we all get called. But in reality it will go to certain list # then that will be it. Hopefully, they will extend this list. It's set to expire in March 2025. You should be called in about another 2 years or so. Remember, this is a small department. So, hiring new candidates isn't quite common with this particular job title. My advice to all is: TAKE AS MANY EXAMS AS POSSIBLE THAT YOUR ELIGIBLE FOR!!!! It's a numbers game. Good luck to everyone on their journey.

On 5/21/2022 at 9:13 PM, NyctGod said:

So I didn’t take the exam for  ( Tppa OA ) position just did by resume and they called a few of us for an interview back in March 2022 . This Friday 5/20/2022 we had the pre employment session.  Did the drug test and turned in all paperwork along with the application. Now we wait for the background check to clear 3-90 days. We should be starting training mid Jun . It’s crazy how I see you people who took the test and have yet to be called for an interview or etc. For those of you who took the exam what tittle exactly did you apply for? Anyone else up to where I am and waiting as well?

Yea, that is true. I believe your position is called provisional. It's a foot in the door.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Starlight said:

Ladies & gentlemen all who are still waiting patiently. The last list # called was 320. So, there is hope after all I guess!!

Not bad , it’s definitely moving . Do you happen to have any contact information to find out the list number ? 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Starlight said:

No problem, let us know when you're called. You are in the early, mid, or late 500's???

Mid 500s .. I’ll definitely will keep everyone posted if I’m called. I called twice the first time it said they up to 340 , the second time I called a lady said 326 so I just don’t know lol 

On 10/10/2022 at 1:12 PM, Leeb77 said:

Mid 500s .. I’ll definitely will keep everyone posted if I’m called. I called twice the first time it said they up to 340 , the second time I called a lady said 326 so I just don’t know lol 

Welcome to Transit lol. Hopefully, they're are up to # 340. And if you're in the mid 500's than you should be called by early next year perhaps. Good luck to you & keep all of us posted on here!!

• 1 month later...