NICE summer service change

21 minutes ago, N6 Limited said:

Interesting n40/n41 service increase. Also they're doing the unscheduled day service.

Also, it appears that some PDFs haven't been updated and the n26 time format is wrong

I can only assume that NICE had originally intended to release the summer schedules after the Transit Committee Meeting on June 28th, but changed it to the week before at the last minute. Only the n40/41 feels legitimate because I've seen new schedules installed at select stops in Hempstead showing the route with overnight service a few days ago.

On 6/21/2018 at 9:01 PM, N6 Limited said:

I wonder if the N6, N4 and N40/41 are all interlined overnight, Like a big U. 

@Amtrak7 might be able to pull up a GTFS feed or something that tells the story. The n6 & n40 would make sense, because they run on the same headways. However, trying to close the loop by having the n40 continue as an n4 wouldn't make as much sense because the n4 is hourly, so you'd have 1 n40 continue as an n4 while the other heads back to Hempstead (and also because it would have to deadhead between Jamaica Center and 165th Street). 

7 minutes ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

@Amtrak7 might be able to pull up a GTFS feed or something that tells the story. The n6 & n40 would make sense, because they run on the same headways. However, trying to close the loop by having the n40 continue as an n4 wouldn't make as much sense because the n4 is hourly, so you'd have 1 n40 continue as an n4 while the other heads back to Hempstead (and also because it would have to deadhead between Jamaica Center and 165th Street). 

It would be interesting to see. However, they may not have to deadhead between Jamaica Center and 165th street. It's possible that the N4 could make the return trip to Freeport, then Hempstead, then Jamaica. 

Archived